Glimucan the Whipstitch

Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

One of the officers sneers at Glimucan, a hand going down to his weapon as he talks. "We -were- invited by one of your number, Doomguard, and as for this filthy fey, I just heard an admission of- "

"Of nothing that is your business until it is, officers!" The smith declares. "Now as for your invitation, I believe there has been a grave misunderstanding. If you should return here with actual evidence that these reagents have been illegally sourced from citizens of the city, then the Doomguard will of course cooperate with your investigation. However, as of this moment, it seems you've little cause to doubt me. Thus, once again, I must insist that you leave."

In emphasis of the smiths words, several of the guards around the chamber begin to step closer.

The Harmonium consider the matter, and then one of them motions for the other. The one who spoke glares one last time at the Smith and Glimucan. "We'll be back, berks."

With that, the duo grudgingly turn and leave. The smith then turns an irritated gaze upon Glimucan.

"And that, little rabid faerie, is one of many reasons why one does not behave in so clumsy a manner here." He motions at the mess. "Clean this up, before I have yet another gang of nosey, self-righteous Triad sods wasting more of my time. Then we'll move on to your test."
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
riptidereflections

Posted by riptidereflections »

EDIT: This one redacted
Last edited by riptidereflections on Mon May 17, 2021 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taurus Daggerknight

For the most part, the Doomguard all seem to simply return to their posts and work, while the faerie is left to clean up the mess. The two guards who first laid hands on him stand not far away, eyes locked on him, while the smith brushes off his work space just enough to return to hammering the iron.

Perhaps to the faeries disappointment, his antics go either unnoticed or simply ignored, barring the two guards watching him. His "song", such as it is, is drowned out by the constant ringing of hammers on anvils, while his snacking seems to be noticed only by the various planewalker's who come and go from the weapons shop. Some regard him as if passing an animal in a zoo, while others scowl in disdain, but move along at the silent command of the guards.

Upon his question, the smith looks over the floor, and then simply returns to his forge.

"What did you use?" He asks.
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
riptidereflections

"Chivs of all sorts, you know, sometimes just my teeth." If it occurs to Glimucan that this is probably not what the smith is asking, there is nothing to show it.
Taurus Daggerknight

It turns out that it was indeed what he was asking.

"Chivs. Teeth. And which do you prize above all these means?"
riptidereflections

"Well the best way to kill or dismember somebody is really just to ask one of my girlfriends to do it. But I have many fine chivs, you know, cleavers, slicers, pokies, razors, I mean it really just depends on the task at hand. I guess I do a lot of chopping. How bout you, sir sinkersmith?" *He eyes the smith, sponge in hand still dripping blood. Drip. Drip. Drip.*
Taurus Daggerknight

"Your most prized means." The smith repeats. without looking over.
riptidereflections

"Jeez, that's a tough call. But I do really like chopping off limbs. It's probably chopping, if I had to pick."
Taurus Daggerknight

"Show me your axe, or blade, or whatsoever it is that you use most often."
riptidereflections

He pulls out a rusty meat cleaver immediately. It's a Bloodcleaver, but it doesn't look sharp. Its blade is jagged and dull and oxidated looking. There's quite a bit of dried blood on it, and just a little bit of still-fresh blood too. He tosses it end over end, catches it by the back of the blade, and offers it to the smith with a smile.