Meditations

*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Emila sat cross legged on the the floor of the deep crypts. All was silent save for the slow dripping of water droplets onto stone somewhere in the distance. Before her on a slab was the body of a quipper she had taken from The Hive. He was missing his left eye and his left hand, his tongue she had also removed so he were better able to keep secrets, an offering to the maimed lord.

She had always been practical in her approach to the Faction. It offered her shelter a place to hide her own activities a position of power and raw materials for her own study into necromancy. The spiritual aspect of true death had been one she had payed only secondary thought to.

All of that had changed. She'd seen it now. Hragunt the shade who had haunted The Mortuary for over a thousand years had found it. He had passed on, transcend to somewhere, something. There must be a method to this, a way to understand it. So she prayed to her god made offerings to Vecna the lords of secrets to help her unravel the mystery of this great secret before her.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Emila stood again in Hragunt's empty crypt. She laid the body of a young man down in it. She stopped for a moment and drank in the silence and the calm. He looked peaceful she mused to herself. But that peace was a lie. She knew where his soul had gone, knew where his emotions mostly fear had driven it. The Dustman would not allow the man to die for his emotions. The cleric of Vecna would not allow him to perish without uncovering one final secret.

She reached out and with her bare hands she poked her fingers into his left eye. Curling them around the little soft ball she tugged sharply severing it from the stalk that kept it in the man's skull. The soul she knew languished in Baator. She prayed for her deity's intercession. Prayed for it to snatch the soul from it's tormentors. She placed a large black gem in the empty eye socket then taking two jars one filled with brackish water and the other with grave dirt she worked her spell calling her subject back as a wraith.

"Come on Lester."

Her voice was deceptively soft and kind.

"Time to wake up. You and I have a great deal to do."
*Sunshine

Posted by *Sunshine »

The mutilated corpse twitches and for a moment Emila feels a well known presence in the room, the shadoes becoming a bit darker, the sounds muffled and the air heavy and stale.

Then it is gone, her prayer has been answered and the corpse gives a wheezing cry before going limp again. Something rises from it, like black smoke at first bit then it takes shape, screching and clawing its way ot of the dead flesh into the Mortuary's darkness- but through the gashes the claws ripped into the flesh Emila can glimpse a hellish landscape, just a hint of what waits for this being in its afterlife.

The newborn wraith turns to face its creator, the vampire feeling a mix of anger, despair but also relief.

"You... you again. You are the reason for this.. you and that other woman. The devils did not let me forget, no... never. What.. what do you want?"
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Emila smiles paitently.

"I want to help you Lester. All that has befallen you is the result of your emotions. Your desire caused you to strike a bargain with the hells. Your fear made you do what you did to avoid them. I'd like to bring you peace. You've seen what awaits you now. You know you'll find no peace in the false death you have just experienced."

She reaches out and runs a hand playfully through the wraith, it's chill holding no fear for her.

"You'd like peace wouldn't you?"
*Sunshine

Posted by *Sunshine »

The wraith's body ripples around the vampire's hand, the newborn undead still confused about his new state.

"Peace... can there be peace? Pain awaits me, pain and an eternity of serving. " The creature is desperate and still afraid- even moreso now that he tasted the terrible fate that awaits him.

"I ran from this fate for so long, the fear was always following me." The creature swirls like fog, the emotional turmoil reflected in its unsteady shape- but perhaps it starts to realize that it has been a slave to its emotions for almost all its existance.

"How can you promise me peace?" The question is more desperate then defiant, the wraith staring at the vampire in a tense, anxious way.