A Cart With Two Cold Stiffs Arrives

*Mezzy

Posted by *Mezzy »

Dristler the Dead arrives with a cart and two bodies to the Mortuary. Just a namer picking up some aftermath to Sigil customs.

He brings the bodies inside where he tends to the dead. Cleans them, stichest them, and prepears them for a propper funeral, which he also asks to hold, if allowed such by the superior.
*Mezzy

Posted by *Mezzy »

The report grew in lengt from resent events, along with remains from one of the undead which the Clueless had thought they had slain, but remains from it, its spine to be exact, had ran off into the sewers to see an other day.
*DM_Slimy_Doom

Posted by *DM_Slimy_Doom »

The Initiate in the reception room looks up and nods as Dristler brings the bodies in, motioning for a few of the undead around the room to help him carry them in. Pressing her glasses up her nose, she speaks up to inquire "Were any of them organ or body donors?"
*Mezzy

Posted by *Mezzy »

Dristler gently shrugs a shoulder as he spoke quietly "I do not know. Probably. Why fake an urge to ask when it does not even matter."

The Dead drifter takes up a calm poise waiting if there was more. Or just waited becouse he had nothing better to do than stand around.

*Mezzy

Posted by *Mezzy »

The Dead drifter returns with a rather large goblin. He cleans it up and stiched up wounds made by a blade. After the rituals for the dead is done with it join the ranks of the Dead.
*DM_Slimy_Doom

The Initiate marks off the goblin as well, once more glancing up from her work.

"You're starting to sound like the Bleak Cabal. Many things matter that you might not expect. It is not so much that we do not care, but more so that we do not feel. To the faction, it matters a great deal whether they have paid the fees for the Roll of the Dead, or whether they have donated their body for use after death. But there is no sadness in their passing, no joy or relief in the extra resources. Those are feelings for those who have not acknowledged their death."

"So long as they do not have existing contracts for donation, there is no reason they wouldn't be allowed a funeral. Here are admission forms for the newly transitioned, as well as those seeking funerary rites. Just fill in whichever are most appropriate, and sign here, and here."

She quickly scrawls an X on several lines on each form with a quill, pushing them to the edge of the desk along with the quill and ink.
*Mezzy

Posted by *Mezzy »

The dead drifter watched the Initiate as she speaks. A subtle nod at the ending of her words, but did it stick? He leans over and signs the form as asked.

You are right, it does matter. I will ensure to follow up on propper forms and if donations are made with all the bodies I come by with.

Thank you, Initiate.

The Dead drifter left quietly for the time beeing, but often came by again with a wagon with bodies. Every time he met with the Initiate he would follow the appropriate forms and sign them as usual. During their meetings he would casualy ask for other tasks for the Dead.

Do let me know if there is anything, anything at all, which I can do for the Dead.
*DM_Slimy_Doom

One day, as she is passing the forms over, the Initiate adjusts her glasses and speaks up.

"It seems word has come down from the First Circle that they are looking for a technique to grant the true death to more beings, especially those locked into a cycle of rebirth like outsiders or elementals. If, in your travels you come across any information with regards to such a thing, I am sure they would be very pleased to hear of it."
*Mezzy

Posted by *Mezzy »

The dead genie scratched his wrapped up cheek gently as he heard of this news. Quite a bit surprised actualy to hear his own exact thoughts had been considered by the first circle as well.

"I will be sure to continue ponder this, then. Thank you, Initiate."

As such the dead genie continued his research of such mysteries. After all, it was an idea he'd have to cut his own ties to the Shadow Plane, as it was a feeling needed to be ridd of, would he continue the path of the Dead, as well as something to bring around the 'verse, the idea of Free Willed Outsiders ridd of their ties to their planes of origins. What a curioues thought this was.
*Mezzy

Posted by *Mezzy »

After a while the Dead genie returns, this time with a Zombie Vrock standing behind him. The genie looks down at the initiate awaiting the forms to sign and fill.

I've come by a few theories after I brought this one with me, from the Abyss, regarding what the First Circle seek answears to.

The dead genie fills out the forms needed to be filled out calmly, and the undead vrock simply stands there like a zombie.