A Visit To The Festhall

*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

A message from the Fraternity arrives, delivered by some odd clockwork Golem Emila is rather familiar with- it is one of those constructs Administrator Guunt often uses to deliver messages in town.
wrote: Factor Vailos,

as you might be aware there is someone asking about information about Vampires in the Bottle and Jug.

This might be our first opportunity to reach out for our hidden opponent, to planr false information to lure them into a trap.

I suggest to choose a volunteer to be used as a bait and with some skill and some luck we might just be able to catch one of those hunters alive.

If you allow I will meet you soon at the Mortuary to coordinate our efforts.

Hasclaan Guunt, A8
*Miraie

Posted by *Miraie »

The bloated corpse opens its eyes, its gaze filled with malice towards its creator. As the gem turns into a hollow shell and crumbles away, there is no doubt about Valios' success. The creature's hand reaches towards its belt, grasping at nothing. Slowly, it makes an attempt to sit up. Valios is likely aware that the spell she just cast does not grant her control over the creature.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Seeing the creature awaken Emila circles around behind it. She grips it by the shoulders and shoves it towards the portal to the plane of fire, just enough for it to feel the heat. She leans close to the creature pinning it down with her weight as she whispers into its ear.

"You are awake. Oh good. You are no doubt hungry, yes so very, very hungry."

She hisses into the creature's ear as her hand scratches almost affectionately down the back of its neck.

"I've given you quite the gift. Strength immortality oh yes, but what you do with it is up to you. You see you can spend eternity enjoying your condition taking what you want. We'll help you here, look after you. That is of course if you cooperate. If you refuse however you could spend the rest of eternity with your hands feet and face burnt off living in whatever dark hole I choose to put you in."

She kisses the ghast on the cheek.

"So tell me my dear what is it to be?"
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

When Hasclaan arrives at the Mortuary he is not wearing his court robes anymore but the more practically cut clothes he uses for adventuring.

He is no stranger to this place (or even the Hive) and he even chats casually with some of the Dustmen before letting one of them lead him deeper into the Mortuary's chambers to see their Factor.

As necromancer enters he arches a brow- a gesture of both amusement and surprise, his lips curling into a small smile as watches what is going on.

He does not interfere with the creature's questioning nor does he approach Emila, staying back, watching silently but also not hiding his presence from the vampire.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

She smiles pleasantly as she sees him whilst she struggles to hold the ghast near the burning portal.

"Oh hello darling. Sorry I am little busy at the moment this gentleman and I were just having a little chat."
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

"Do not let me interrupt you", he says almost casually, a pleasant smile on his lips- it is obvious that the brutal scene is something that does not shock him, nothing that surprises him.

He walks closer to her, rests his hand on her shoulder to give her a gentle squeeze and he looks down at the creature she holds in her grip.

"I wonder what it knows."
*Miraie

Posted by *Miraie »

The ghast was powerful in life. In death, its power has only grown. Even so, it cannot do much when Valios grabs it. The creature tries, of course, but its struggle is ultimately in vain.

"Release me, bloodsucker! I'll.. I'll.."

Its words, seeped in hatred, are cut short as Valios threatens the ghast with fire. Its eyes, bloated and wretched as they are, widen.

"Ask." That is its answer, one that is not repeated when Hasclaan arrives. Indeed, the man's words are met with a silent glare. If a look could kill!

// *Franticly browses rulebooks to see if ghasts get gaze attacks.* Sadly, no! You get to enjoy a horrible stench, though - a stench of death so foul that only the combination of darkest magic and Sigil's rancid sewer water could have caused it.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Emila gives a tut of annoyance and looks over her shoulder at Hasclaan.

"My hands are full, would you slap him on the back of the head for me please."

She then continues to whisper to the ghast. Her own undead nature and a long time spent around dead bodies fortifying her against the smell.

"And you. Less of the name calling. When I get angry my hands shake and who knows where you could end up if that happens."

She jerks the ghast forward towards the portal giving him a good idea of exactly where he will end up.

"Before you came to us you were a vampire hunter, but even after you died the killings continued so we know you are not working alone. Who are the others? Where do we find them?"
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

The necromancer is no stranger to the stench- his own studies and research often require him to deal with death and decay.

At the vampire's request he sighs quietly, obviosly annoyed by the ghast's lack of cooperation and he pulls his leather gloves off to smack the creature over the back of its head.
It is not a hard slap, perhaps not even painful but it is a demeaning gesture aimed to show the creature its place.

He crouches down by the creature's side, pulling his gloves on again while the vampire speaks and when Emila ended he adds:

"I suggest to cooperate. Perhaps you are not aware of certain facts but I will gladly enlighten you. According to Sigils Laws- section 254 paragraph 15a to f and J and following- you have no rights here as a citizen nor as a visitor and as newly created, unregistered undead on Dustman ground your fate is completely in their hands."

Leaning just a bit closer he lowers his voice- as if to share a little secret with the struggling undead.

"Between us.... Emila here is a lovely, sweet woman but when insulted she can be a bit mean and vengeful sometimes."

He smiles a small, almost friendly smile as he is getting up again.

"Of course should she decide to burn you I wont stand here idly... I will do my best to cover you in negative energy, healing you as fast as I can while the fire eats away this rotting, sagging flesh of yours. If I do well I might succeed to keep you alive for a few sweet minutes more- but it is tiering for me and I know you would smell even worse when burning.

So please be a good little puppet and tell the lady here what she needs to know."
*Miraie

Posted by *Miraie »

"Find them?"

The ghast looks like it's about to say more, but nasty bout of laughter interrupts it. Hasclaan's slap does little to hurt the walking corpse, but it seems to help the creature to focus on the matter at hand. That is, the portal towards which Valios is showing it.

"Save your threats. I do not want to be destroyed, but there is no room for fear in my heart," the creature snaps at them. "You do not even know who we are, do you? Find the rest of us? Pft. We have hunted your kind for so long we ran out of things to kill on our plane! Hah. That's why we are here. For more.. challenging prey. The first kill.. the first kill was so easy, though. I'm sure the others are glad you are putting up a little fight.. heh. While some of you remain."

There is a brief pause as the ghast assesses its current situation, its bloated eyes scanning the people present and occasionally glancing towards the portal.

"I will tell you exactly where we have been. That will not help you."

From the ghast's description, it becomes evident that the group has been moving around Sigil for a good while before striking. It confirms that they have never really left Sigil - although such has always been an option given how many portals there are. Should you send people to visit the locations it mentions, there will be some evidence (mostly discarded bottles) to confirm its tale, but no tracks whatsoever. No clues as to where they might be headed next. That is because...

"... we're used to moving around. Never had a base of operations. We're just as comfortable in the wilds as we are in a city. As a matter of fact, I reckon we're even more comfortable in cities. That's where you find 'em, after all. You're creatures of habit, after all. Can't hit a moving target to save your life."

The ghast allows itself another bout of laughter, although it seems a little dissatisfied with the result. As if something crucial was missing.

"And you want to know about Herugor. He's the man behind all this. Hunted prey from angels to demons. Undead, though, especially you lot," it says, glancing at Valios. "You're his favorite kind of prey. We're all damn fine at what we do and he's the best of us all. Better yet, ever since the new gal joined us things have gotten a lot easier.."