A Visit To The Festhall

*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

The Ghast's reaction garners only a flicker of a smile and Emila jerks one of its shoulders forward plunging its left hand into the flame she continues to whisper into its ear.

"Threat? No this is a promise. I will not destroy you I will leave you suffering for eternity. After you made your intended kill you must have been reporting to somewhere. Where?"

She holds the creature's limb in the flames breathes in the scent of burning flesh and allows herself time to drink in the sound of the screams. It is clear she enjoys this with a rather undustman like passion. Eventually she pulls the ghast back out.

"I want numbers as well. How many?"
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

Hasclaan listens to the creature's boasting with not much interest but there are a few things he writes down into his notebook.

The screams, the stench of burning flesh does not provoke any reaction from him- indeed there is just a small, almost warm smile as he notices how Emila enjoys torturing the creature.

Of course he is thinking already, planning.

Regardless how good they are at stealth they still will influence the things around them in some way. A group of strangers moving around in town will be noticed by someone. They have to eat, they have to sleep, they have to defecate, there might be attempted robberies, they will buy and sell.

Now they just have to find those traces and they might find those hunters. A sifficult task it might be but the Dusties have the eyes on the streets, the Guvners the power to calculate and process large amounts of data quickly.

*Miraie

Posted by *Miraie »

It occurs to Hasclaan that the homebrewed alcohol the hunters are fond of making might actually be something that can be traced to them. One or two people buying common food items might not leave a trail that stands out, but specific goods might lead him somewhere. Analyzing the ingredients of the drink might be a worthwhile step if he wishes to confirm the ghoul's words.

Between hateful hissing and growling the creature spits out a few more details:

"Reporting? We're not clerks, hhh.. h.. no. We boast when we meet and we meet when we will. Not always the same faces, no. Two less, now." The creature snarls. "One new gal. Dozen? Heh.. maybe he's been recruiting."
*Miraie

Posted by *Miraie »

// If I may, I would like to ask you to think about what you want to do with this information. I feel I've left the event hanging for a bit.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Emila tuts in frustration.

"Lets start with what you do know then. Names and descriptions of the other hunters. When you meet them you must have some way of communicating where you all need to be. So where is next, and who is their next target?"

((Sorry just been very busy IRL. Will send you a pm with my characters intentions too.
*Miraie

Posted by *Miraie »

"That's the interesting part, innit? Our next target is still around. We are not. I and Karen. We worked together." The ghast chortles.

"Herugor is the one keeping us together. Usually the one to find us, too. What else.. what else. Lyra and Sir work in the Lady's Ward, somewhere. Good with people, those two." Another chortle. "That's probably why I know them as well."

Based on the ghoul's ramblings, you eventually gather that the hunters are all humans. Furthermore, there are both men and women in the group - of various sizes and shapes, although they all seem to be proficient rangers. Considering they are at home in urban environments, it sounds like they are not all that bad at blending in as far as choices of clothing go.

// Busy is fine : 3 I have work to do also. Can relate, I hope : p
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

Of course Hasclaan will follow this trail, sending a request back (by Clockwork Golem) to the Courts to analyze the booze found.

For now he stays with Emila however, waiting if the vampire is done with questioning her victim.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Emila turns to Hasclaan.

"Well we have all the information I think we can get here. I'd suggest you go to the courts and turn try to find any information you can on the two names we have. Then we can go to The Lady's Ward and ask at the taverns with any luck someone there has heard of them."

She flings the ghast through the portal without sparing the creature thought or comment.

"I'll have to find something nice to wear."
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

"Dark Red always fits you well. You know where to find me.", the necromancer says and he smiles at her briefly before leaving the Mortuary.

He does not bother to change, time is important- and so he just pins his faction badge onto his worn robes and heads to the archieves to look for clues about the ingredients and those two hunters mentioned.

He will try to find the adresses of the stores that sell those ingedients or where else they might be found in the Cage.
*Miraie

Posted by *Miraie »

Your investigation yields some results. It appears that Lyra and Sir are indeed active in the Lady's Ward, although accounts seem to differ a bit on what they look like. Most people seem to agree that they are women, either nobles or merchants. The accounts differ, even in regard to the same person (thus both Lyra and Sir are thought to be merchants and nobles by different people). There is no record of their residence and their interactions with people seem to have been fairly subtle, but you suspect they have been digging up information about vampires who live in that area. They might have been the ones behind Lady Hawcroft's death. While the two hunters are elusive, you have enough eyewitness data to try tracking them down if you want to spend time doing that.

Similarly, it appears that the hunters are producing ingredients for their homebrewed spirits all around Sigil. There are at least two or three places in every Ward and it appears some people are buying those ingredients reasonably frequently. You could alternatively dedicate your attention towards supervising these spots in hopes of catching one of the hunters. Or you could recruit more help.

Finally, setting up a bait is still a reasonable plan. It appears the hunters move a lot, keeping an eye on any potential vampires. Of course, with dozen or more potential hunters, one cannot be sure how many show up. Pursuing individual hunters, either through the ingredients they buy or by a known place of residence, may be a safer option. Much depends on what you want to do next.