The Trip To Oerth

*WeWantOneOfOurOwn

Posted by *WeWantOneOfOurOwn »

"There are many things I do not understand," Tsorimir tells Emila, "I don't understand your connection to this place and your need to protect it. You say that to snuff the lives here would be a passion and trade blows with our ally the Doomlord. Then you... suddenly change your mind about exterminating the black orchid. I don't see how we will use them as a weapon, or why we ought not to pull the weeds in this rotten garden."
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

The Vampire responds calmly

"You have researched the cult as I have so you know three times we have tracked them down and three times members of our faction will have had this conversation that we are having now. Each time we have decided to destroy all knowledge of them and each time they have emerged again we have had to relearn all we know. What we have done today that may have wiped them out for a generation or maybe two if we are lucky but they will be back. We know destroying everything here will not stop that. Because that is what we have done before and yet here we are.

You spoke about cycles so let us break this one let us learn from it. This should be studied and the knowledge kept safely in The Mortuary. So the next time we are faced with them we can recognise them for what they are and act straight away."
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

The Hezrou bearing shaped doomlord stood closly behind Emila. Flames slittering across its massive claws eager to rend everything asunder.

"Tsaoir spoke wisely. Though I think you both better within Doomguard, since that passion of lustmurder will never fade from you. But enough. To store this knowledge would only prevent if from being sundred by the claws of oblivion. As if keeping a single seed waiting for it to find it's way to a patch of soil and bloom. Forbidden lore is seldom kept from eyes and ears that would misuse it."

"What you aught to question yourselves is why did they rise anew. You heard her own last words." He swung his head to glance at the corpse Tsaoir just had dismemebered. "She claimed to be a surving the same cause as you two. It suggest that this surged from your own ranks. How can you be so certain that every piece of writing was destroyed. Thoughts do not reoccur in the exact same shape and name on their own. Expect no being to follow a teaching flawlessly, eventually some amongst you will."

"I would make a suggestion of a compromise between life and death. Corruption. Keep the husk but alter the inside. A disease for others to fear and hunt. A fabricated weakness. Let it reach the foces of Luz and the goodly forces. Let them purge the falsified name of the Black Orchid and let the lie live will the truth we have here die forever. What say you?"
*WeWantOneOfOurOwn

*taps his lip with index finger* Mhmmm...

You want to use this old futile enemy as a diversion for other foes? *he looks to Emila to see her reaction*
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

The vampire nods curtly

"This might work, and as it happens I think I may know just the way to sabotage the ritual they use for the graft so it works for them and not us."
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

"I suppose you foreseen my next words already but I shall speak them regardless. The offering made before was just one soul. I want them bound through this ritual as it are being spread. Empty husks for you as you desire them and abyssal bound souls for the powers that have turned their insatable hunger on me."

His massive shape distorted by the magical concealment flickering as a dark greenish shadow. In its midst flaming eyes set on the vampire.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Emila nods once again, she pushes the dismembered remains of one of the slain cultists away from her with the point of her blade.

"The ritual as it is now binds the subject to the power called Evening glory. I altered it and performed it myself linking it to The Maimed Lord. Although when we last spoke at The Armoury I did say I would try to help with your condition. Maybe I can do this, but I'll need your help."
*WeWantOneOfOurOwn

*Tsorimir watches that exchange, taps his lip with his index finger in silence, looking between Emila and the shifted Mauric... at least he says with a sweet little smile*

I like it. Everyone wins. Mhm.

*Sunshine

Posted by *Sunshine »

((Just to let you know I have not forgotten you guys: Reading this, planning new stuff based on what is said here. Please keep playing :) ))
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

He nodded with his large frog-like head to the bard while preplexed his eyes trailed along the bloodied floor.

"Was I not always the demon skittering in the darkness well off the road trying to lure you from the path of true death? Not that I would ever believe that it was truely sought after. But nonetheless I am afraid I will have to switch role. Stalwart pride will not avail us here, we need help from those who would never give it."