A Letter To The First Circle

*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

The following letter is left in Trevant's office along with the purple eyed reanimated corpse of a liquid pain addicted.
wrote:
Factor Trevant

I have recently been conducting an experiment within Sigil's hive ward into the nature of true death and the difficulty with which many find in seeing the truth and clarity of our position.

I surmise that what causes the greatest problem with the acceptance of true death is the shackles placed on them by the false life they think that they are living.  As you are aware emotions wants needs and desires are what prevents all from achieving true death.  These things must all be cast aside in order to achieve our goals.  To this end I decided to set in motion a system of divesting the people of the hives from their wants and passions.

I began by renting several premises around the hive.  hen following the example of one of the other factions The Hive, namely The Bleak Cabal I opened three of them up as soup kitchens providing free food to the needy of The Hive.  I had the staff of the kitchens lace the soup with the drug called liquid pain.  I had the kitchens staff, all recruited from some of the less reputable characters of the hive whom I hired through an intermediary watch the and record the changing nature's and behaviors of the diners.

Those who were showing the deepest sign of dependency I had abducted and taken to the two other premises I rented, both of which were outfitted for the manufacture of liquid pain.  I then had the addicted patients scrub each other to manufacture the drug they craved under the supervision of the staff.  My goal here was to strip away all sense of identity ego and pride so they existed only for procureing the drug that they craved replacing all the needs and emotions they fet for just one the desire for Liquid Pain.

Obviously the step desire for such a drug is as inhibiting in the quest for true death as an emotion such as love or hate or fear, it is however easier to quell.  Taking those who i deemed stripped sufficiently of all other emotions and desires I enacted a ritual upon them modified from the one used to create the creatures known as Necroplotians.  The result is the creature that I send with this letter.  Emotionless and without ego like a lesser undead but still awakened and self aware enough to understand things and to learn.  I think this represents a significant step along the road to true death taken in such a short space of time.

Unfortunately the environment in which my work took place was less than ideal and I met with complications.  I lost one of the first premises I rented to a dwarven planewalker who happened across it ans took it upon himself to "free" the "poor" souls inside. A second soon followed it fell to a rabble of hivers seeking to free their loved ones.

I also met with opposition from less altruistic groups.  The Temple of The Abyss also apparently a supplier of Liquid Pain in the hive began hiring mercenaries to investigate the new competition, as did a criminal organization calling itself The Putrid Hand.  Fortunately I was alerted to this and I was able to direct one group against the other eliminating The Putrid Hand in its entirety.

From my research I would conclude that although my experiment met with limited success the creation of advanced free willed undead that Sigil is not the best place for this work to continue the environmental conditions are far too unstable before we even begin to consider what the other Factions would make of this were they to become aware.  I would suggest that The Black Citadel on the negative energy plane would be the best place to continue such work perhaps with subjects harvested from primes or more secluded places of the multiverse where we will meet with less opposition.

I have enclosed a copy of the Ritual I used along with one of the begins created should you wish to show this to the rest of the First Circle.

Until death finds you.
Factotum Valios
Initiate Fourth Circle
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

A few days afterwards Emila get her answer- short and two the point with none of the usual niceties involved.
wrote: After revieving the attached documents and examining the undead delivered to us we want to congratulate you for your initiative and vision.

We will need you at the Citadel to ensure we can start with our own program immediately and ask you to close down most operations in Sigil to not draw too much attention to what we do.

Hereby you are also promoted to Initiate 1.

Trevant