An Old Member

*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

"In order to achieve true death, and let us not confuse thus with false death one must set aside the trappings of life. This includes their emotions. If you can fell abohrance then this will hamper your progression.

By anchoring the souls of the departed to their remains in such away we do not doom them to be petioners. They will not merge with the planes they are shepherded to. They will then not be used for the creation of new souls. For them the cycle of false life and false death is broken."
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Do not mistake abhorrence for emotional attachment. We are not monsters devoid of all emotions, no matter how much we would like to be. Even your defense of your beliefs and your admiration for your current state are signs you are as far from true death as any of us. I aim a realist in understanding mine existence and understand it as it currently is. I aim not as close to true death as I might wishÂ… but I do not look at that as some sort ofÂ… mistake or impedimentÂ… only a part of the journey. Speaking to me, pointing out what you see as flaws is arroganceÂ… and that is just as wrong as emotional attachmentÂ… yes? You need to understand life in order to find the correct route to death. If you ignore that which makes us what we were, you will never be able to find that which should be.

But enough of this... we will neither be moved in a day. I aim here to help and have much ancient knowledge on enbalming techniques that you might find interesting...

He walks to one of the tables and begins to work the corpse much like his people did millenia ago. It is rather effecient in preparing the dead.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Outside of The Mortuary Emila may have said more. Within its walls however she always made an effort to strive towards true death. That meant putting aside the ego that would lead to such a retort, and the lich seemed proficent with the preperation of cadavers even if its methods where in her own opinion outdated.

"Welcome to the faction Narianaduil. I shall leave you to your work. Should you have need of anything do not hesitate to ask."
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Emila steps back allowing the elven lich to ascend the stairs. She turns to walk by his side as they make their way through The Mortuary. The undead and living factioneers tend to bodies in a calm silence.

"Factol Skall leads the faction still, as he has always. He is very rarely in Sigil though he prefers the faction's headquaters on the negative energy plane. Doctor Treveant over sees the day to day running of The Mortuary."

Emila keeps her tone carefully neutral as she mentions Treveant keeping her opinion of him closely guarded.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

As they walked along, Narianaduil watched the activity around him. When he looked at any undead that was created through force or lack of will (mainly mindless undead) he had a look of disgust mixed with pity. He also made a conscious effort to avoid other types of undead that traditionally were of a vicious or malevolent sort. It was obvious that this was not out of fear but more out of distaste for the creatures.

“I see that the use of mindless drones continues even though there are ample members whom can think for themselves. I aim wondering why you would continue to use these slaves in this place instead of suitable namers willing to understand and learn about their faction and the roles they have. What benefit can be obtained by the use of forced labor? Aim I the only one whom sees this as an issue?”
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

She follows his gaze to the lesser undead.

"Desires, prejudice, ego. All of these things will hamper your progress towards true death. They are with out any of those hinderances. I think their simple purity is a good example to us all."
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

"Theirs is not true death... but a bastardization of it. If I chose to I could turn these abonimations to dust... with but a single word, and that alone shows the stage they exist in is not finality. To take a soul who has not found death through natural means, and to force it to exist in a state that simply mimics true death, only creates a mockery. Forcing a state of undeath upon others does not bring them any closer to purity... it simply forces them into a state of your choosing.

No... they are but abominations of the spirit of death."
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

"I disagree they embody a state to be emmulated were a sentient creature to acheive such a state of mind they would be close to the release true death allows. I feel I should point out that although some amongst the faction may believe as you do simply being able to destroy things does not make you right. The death truce is a rule all abide by."

Emila is calm as she speaks to argue her cause passionatly would be to undermine it.