Corpse Delivered

*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

He takes the claw carefully between index finger and thumb and walks over to one of the workbenches. Rummaging in his pockets he withdraws a small but complicated device made up of several lenses encased in brass.

"Hmm... hmm... I think... I would say this is part of a construct. An Inevitable I see. The golden material tiny greenish hourglass symbols and the way this bent cogs look makes me think it could have been a Quarut."

He looks over at the woman. "They are the Guardians of Time and space. Quite powerful.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Emila nods.

"I see. And what in your expert opinion would cause one of these, Quarurts did you say? What would cause one to come to Sigil and cave a man's skull in?"
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

"Inevitables only destroy those who they see as an affront to whatever kind of order or law they guard. So if this ine really killed somebody then the person in question must have violated the laws of space and time somehow... or the berk has protected somebody who did this."

He returns the metal piece to Emila, a bit more self assured again.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

"I see. Thank you Mazzey."

She hands the gnome the gnome a soul prism and takes the claw. Her next stop is undersigil and the offices of SIGIS.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

"...." He takes the prism, seems a bit surprised. " Thank you, Lady.", he calls after her, then pockets the gem.

*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Her trip to undersigil complete Emila returns to the surface through the entrance to the bazzar. She goes to the Yuan ti gem merchant and buys a large onyx gem. Then she goes home. She changes into her best dress puts on her best jewels. She finds a rough looking part of the hive somewhere near the night market and waits to be propositioned or mugged.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

Dressed like this it does not take long for her to attract some 'wrong kind' if attention and she sees a mouselike tiefling girl sizing her up, then following her together with a big brute of Half Ogre.

Soon they think her cornered- the tiefling smiling wickedly, her small, furry tail twitching as she approeches on hooved feet, the Half Ogre, slipping some overly large knuckledusters (probably made of some old cask's hoops) over his meaty fists. It is a mountain of muscles, dirt and bad attitude and it approaches the woman without fear while the girl says:

"It is dangerous to run around like this. Those Jewels might get ye hurt! So for ye safety we take 'em" She extends a small hand, the back of her limbs covered with thin, dark fur.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

"Oh? It is? I had no idea."

She begins to unfasten her necklace holding it up trying to draw the tiefs attention. Her other hand snatches at the one the tiefling holds out. She grabs ut and with all her strength she squeezes. She wants to hear bones snap.

((Initiative roll: 11+5 dex mod + 4 improved initiative feat.))
((Strength Role 23 12+11 Str mod))

"It is dangerous to follow strangers down dark alleys too."
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

There is some greed in the girl's eyes as she follows Emila's hand with her eyes and the grip around her other hand surprises her.

The bone snaps like a dry twig and the girl cries out, struggling to get away, her legs buckling. Her companion is surprised, the creature not understanding what is going on- a finely dressed woman who is shattering bones easily something he has not yet seen. But seeing his companion in pain he shakes off his surprise, lifts its meaty fists and closes in for an attack.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

She flings the tiefling girl aside and snaps her necklace precious gems scattering across the cobbles she does not give them a second thought. Holding the now bare wire of the necklace like a garrote she advances on the ogre.