Corpse Delivered

*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

The tiefling hits a nearby wall with force and falls down, unconscious, a large bruise spreading on the left side of her face, her body twisted somehow. Yet Emmy feels she is still alive.

The Half Ogre throws a few wild, strong punches at her, ignoring the wire in her hands and the gems on the floor, his fist hitting a nearby wall, leaving a nice hole, the plaster a cloud of dust.

His next punch grazes the dustman and Emila feels the strenght behind it- a lesser creature would have suffered cracked or even broken ribs. Then she is close- able to use her makeshift garrotte...

((Gimme and attack roll followed by DEX, followed by STR, please))
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

She attempts to step and duck inside the ogre's reach. Should she be able to she will lunge at it in an attempt to loop the wire around its neck.

((Cannot remember her bab but she has 21 hd worth of medium ab after taking into account she gets none for her first cleric level. Not going to complicate things with her persistent buffs just assume she has none cast. Anyway rolled a 2

And 17+5 for 22 dex 19+11 for 30 str.))
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

"We were called to it through a portal, hidden in an alley in the Lower Ward. I do not know the key. The portal simply opened when we approached.", the Devourer responds, giving the lesser undead just a quick glance before returning its attention to the vampire.

The wight bows quickly, then hurries away.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

The Devourer fixes her with its glowing eyes and a growl escapes the creatures throat as it remembers.

"I was sent here by the master... the last of the Eaters of Time. He is weak, he needs power. There was a fight.. the others... destroyed in their prison."

Somehow it seems frustrated, its anger increasing as it continues and it stares past the vampire, flames of negative energy licking over its claws, the creature inside the cage screaming.

"He found me in the Lower Ward. A spell was cast to ensnare my mind and I....", the voice trailing off for a moment.

"...I think there was a portal. He brought me somewhere and I was changed. By some machine and some spells. Canged to drain the lifetime of other beings. There were others like me... sent out to gather power. And I watched him devour one of us.. them... taking away the servants own lifetime and all the lifetime stored."

Its eyes fix on the vampire again. "I was changed twice now. I cannot go back to my old life."

*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

She takes on board the information but addresses the creatures last concern.

"No you cannot go back. Cannot change what they have done to you, but you can have revenge."
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

"Revenge? I cannot destroy this creature alone."
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

"No, no you can't but with a bit of help I can."
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

The creature growls and Emila feels its anger, its hate and frustration. "How? What can I do?"
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

She smiles its anger and hatred will serve her well.

"I need to know all you can remember about the creature. There is only one?"
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

"One was there but also two corpses. It is big... fat... almost unable to move by itself and it ranted... ranted and cursed all the time. Cursed the companions it slew to survive, cursed the maze it is caught in.

It cannot leave. Not yet. This is why it ensnared me and the others. It used magic.... mind magic. I do not know enough about this things to be sure. But I want to feast on its bloated form."

They are interrupted by a knock and a wight enters, keeps some respectful distance.

"Factor Valios, one of the collectors reported that there is a woman.. some Raila of the Ciphers waiting for you with some informations she wants to share. How shall we proceed?"