A Call For Investigations

*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

A simple memo is found being nailed on the backs and chest of several message board zombies- the short, simple message perhaps hinting on events that might very well shake the whole faction:
wrote: Looking for volunteers to investigate disturbing rumours about the Death Truce being broken.

S.V. Dolvm, Initiate, Second Circle
((open for all Dusties to join, regardless of the character's level. If you have a non Dustman toon but want to see what is going on just PM me- I find a way to fit it in))
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

There is something going on in the lower crypts of the Mortuary, there are rumors of some kind of envoy and something found on the planes that terrifies even the inner circles.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

In the Mortuary Emila is behaving strangely, more strangely than usual. She peers into the eyes of the skeletons and zombies taking note of their colour.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

Most are mindless and do not mind Emila's imterest, those who still have a mind of their own or were awakened are a bit confused about what she does.

But all cooperate- it seems even the mindless ones somehow feel the overall tension in the Mortuary, the usually emotionless and calm undead alost nervous.

Making her way up to the furnace of the crematory Emila smells the burning flesh, the oil and tar used to make even the most rotten corpses burn. The flames whisper, fat sizzles and sometimes a bone pops in the heat that is even felt by her numbed skin.

It is there that she notices something- one of the zombie workers who just sorts some bodyparts into one of the cast iron boxes which are then empties into the flames tries to avoid her- and its left, empty eyesocket glows in an unusual purple hue.

*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Raising her hand at the creature she twists her ring of undead control and aims it at the purple eyed zombie.

//Dc is 20
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

Now something strange is happening. Well- the undead freezes, seems to await her command as it should.
But Emila felt something resisting inside it- like if she would try to get control over an intelligent, self aware undead and not just some random, mindless, animated corpse.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Emila smiles and leans in close to the undead. Most people would be repulsed by the idea of putting their face near the festering corpse. Not emila.

"Wow look at you! You're a bit special aren't you?"

She loosens her control allowing the creature to move its arms.

"I think you understand me, if you do raise your left hand. If not and your just anothr walking corpse its no trouble if I just throw you in the flames is it?"
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

Its right eye's eyeball, shrunken as it is fixes on Emila's face, the small purple light in the other socket seems to shine a bit brighter.

Slowly it lifts its arm- and emila feels how it tries to resist the spell she put on it.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

"Very good! Here is how we do this, left arm for yes, right for no. Can you speak?"
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

Again the creature lifts the left arm. Emila somehow thinks that if it could sweat or tremble or show its nervousity in other ways it defenitely would.

But it is a mere zombie- so it stands and stares.