An Influx Of Undead

*Cristiel

Posted by *Cristiel »

Most Dustmen had noticed the mortuaryÂ’s steady influx of undead -- but none seemed to know the cause behind it. These new undead, ones that seemed oblivious to their surroundings, certainly did not talk much -- so their origins were unknown.

While discussions filled the mortuary as to why this was happening, clarity came in the form of parchment, handed off by a groaning zombie. It was written in an elegant, flowing cursive.

wrote:Dear Enlightened,

Welcome your brothers and sisters to their new home. Their illusions of this false, depraved reality have been shattered. Soon, all will be convinced of the true state of being.

Sincerely,
Absolution
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Emila takes the note and reads it. Being practical as she is when it comes to matters of death she puts the influx of lesser undead to work carrying coffins and bodies and whichever manual tasks require their attention. All save the zombie with the note. She would take a scrap of flesh from a near by cadaver and using a dagger she would engrave a response upon it.
wrote:
"Absolution"

On behalf of the Faction I would like to thank you for your donation.  If there is something you'd like to discuss in person do not hesitate to contact me.

Until we meet again.

Emila Valios
Initiate First Circle.
She would then raise her ring and use it to cast control undead on the zombie(dc is a woeful 17)

Should it work she would nail the note to the zombie's forehead. And issue the command:

"Take this back to whoever sent you."

Should it fail she would ask around for another dustman with a more potent version of the spell.

She would then use her position to relay commands to the other dustmen present.

"I would like all the new undead rebuked or controlled, make sure they are taking orders from us and only us."

Were there any sentient undead amongst the new arrivals she would of course spare them being rebuked or controlled in anyway but she would take them aside to question them.
*Cristiel

Posted by *Cristiel »

The undead, perhaps surprisingly, seem to be under the control of no one else. Unfortunately, they also seem to be quite unintelligent – even the ghostly apparitions. They are all taken under control, by the Dustmen higher ups, for menial tasks – even the zombie that delivered the note.

When asked to deliver a letter, the zombie walks off, slowly making its way toward the exit of the Mortuary. For those following it, the zombie exits the building, then moves a few paces away from the doors. It stands there, presenting a letter up to the thin air, in a frozen pose.

Unless disturbed, it continues to stay in its frozen pose for the next cycles.

*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Emila does not follow the zombie straight out, it would be standing their for an hour or two until this is bought to her attention. She lets out a heavy sigh, which says a lot as she doesn't breath and reaching for one of the embalming tables she breaks the finger bone from one of the more skeletal bodies behind her, yet again she grabs one of the near by dustmen.

"Fetch me someone who can awaken them. Let us see what they have to say for themselves."
*Cristiel

Posted by *Cristiel »

(( I'm personally not a fan of RP threads when it can be done in-game. How about we continue this in an event, this Sunday, for any interested Dustmen characters? ))
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

((Have a fairly busy Sunday, but can be around at 5-6pm your time.
*Cristiel

Posted by *Cristiel »

(( I'm not sure an hour will be long enough, as the last two events ran about an hour an a half and three hours. We might just need to shoot for next week, if that would be more open?

Unfortunately, I'm busy this Saturday, so only Sunday is open. ))
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

((That's ok. I can stay for a few hours.
*Cristiel

Posted by *Cristiel »

(( Then Sunday at 5 PM it is, which is 22:00 GMT, I believe ))