A Prolonged Investigation

*Kari_Shadowfox

Posted by *Kari_Shadowfox »

Seated in the Device's Room, Helena reads over the next letter in silence, but the look on her face is not as bland as it is normally. Jeff, the skeleton, was the only one close enough to see the veritable wall of flame pass through her eyes, flames of both resentment, and anger. They pass in a flash, but sometimes a flash is all that's needed...As she raised her head, Jeff snapped to attention, not mumbling a word about what he saw.

"Jeff....Get Melvin back in here." Her passionless voice intones. As the skeleton clatters to do her bidding, she draws out a clean paper of her own, constructing a note with slow, delibrate concentration.

Professor Fourfingers,

It is Factor-Doctor Trevant's desire that we work in close tandem on this mission. I will assume you know of which I speak. He impresses that the "team bulding" that may come of this will benefit us both greatly.

I do not wish to enclose my current research in such a document, so I make a request to meet you within the Mortuary, outside of my current room of residence. If you do not come immediately after recieving this, you will know the room by the Mummy standing guard. He goes by the name Jerome.
Should you desire to meet as soon as possible, the Wraith that delivers this shall lead you where you need to go. His name is Melvin.

~ Student Professor Krows.

Melvin glides in behind the skeleton, who takes his previous position near Helena's chair. She beckons the Wraith over, pinning the note delicately to the dark rags he was clad in. The name of the recipient shone in black ink, neatly scribed on the back of the folded letter.

"Deliver this to Professor Fourfingers." She proceeds with the basic description provided earlier by Factor Trevant, the wraith gliding out of the room when instruction was finished.

She then returns her gaze to the Device, mulling over Hildmor's scant information, and her own general notes.

" The Heart of Utopia...once a force of ultimate creation...now, of the exact opposite. The question: Will two negatives create a positive once more? or will a positive and negative meeting have the greater effect?" Her brows furrow, and she sketches some basic equations concerning both the energies. "Or will the latter merely explode, or implode?Hnnn....." The scratch of quill pen on paper fills in the silence that perpetually cloaks the Faction Quarters of The Dead.
*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

*A Letter to Doctor Trevant*

I've struck a deal with Hildmor. He is contractually obligated to provide me with the required information about the Athar and the Artifact, with the understanding that should his information be valuable, he will gain audience with yourself or the Factol. This will be accomplished within a month's time, or he forfeits any chance of meeting with you or the Factol. He assures me that he will be ready to divulge the necessary information within a few days. I shall relay all information as I receive it.

Professor Maelfeena Fourfingers
*DM_Duke

Posted by *DM_Duke »

Professor Fourfingers

Remember, that it is also important to your duty that you "involve" yourself with Student Professor Krows, who has been on this Prolonger matter longer than yourself. You will remember to keep contact with each other, as it is vital that no party is left out, communication and stability, must, be maintained.

As for the Hildmor matter, he will get his interview, but his promise must first be kept, there will be no compramises.

Untill he provides the information, he will still recieve no audience.

He will not dally his way through talk with the Dustmen, he will comply, or he will get nothing.

When you have the information from him, provide it in a report and feed it in turn to Student Professor Krows, you must trust each other in this matter.

For trust, is the glue that seperates Dustmen, from lesser factions.

Doctor Trevant.
*Kari_Shadowfox

Factor Doctor Trevant,

It has come to myself and Professor Fourfinger's attention that we should verify Hildmor's information with an agent of our own. We are disinclined to merely place trust in him, though he is not inclined to lie. However, we would need additional manpower to undertake this endeavor. Another agent, to be more precise. With the current load of responsibilities, neither myself nor Professsor Fourfingers would be able to accomplish such a mission.

Currently, we are both arranging meetings with the others mentioned in your previous list, and have sorted through a few theories regarding the Device's purification.

We will leave updates with you as we discover more.

~ Student Professor Krows
*Kari_Shadowfox

Factor Trevant,

I have made significant strides forward in both the investigation of the Prolongers and of the Device. It would be an honor if I could arrange a meeting with you at your earliest convenience to fully discuss these matters. I fear the information is too sensitive for mere writing.

~ Student Professor Krows

*in a separate note*

Professor Fourfingers,

I have met with the Elven male and your counterpart and learned what they know. The White Bleaker and the red-clad tiefling are all who remain. I wish you luck in your investigation.

~Student-Professor Krows
*Reptiller

Posted by *Reptiller »

Professor Fourfingers,

Investigation is almost comeplete. Let us meet, I have all the information you requested from me and I believe you're ready to fulfill your own part of the contract.

Anonymous Donater

The letter combusts harmlessly for Maelfeena upon the first read.
*Reptiller

Posted by *Reptiller »

*Two corpses have been delivered to Maelfeena's quarters from an Unknown Donator. One is an obvious Shadowsworn with all the equipment and afflictions and the second bears an Athar insignia, though equipment is one of Shadosworn troop aswell. There are no afflictions always visible on Shadowsworn though. Both corpses originate from a battle which happened many months ago in Undersigil. They are well preserved and so Speak with Dead and reanimations will work perfectly on these.*