Skyways

Sarin

Posted by Sarin »

Null arranges the papers in the massive binder, and opens her purple book. she reads for a moment, then jots down a couple of things. She had never actually met Secretary Trevan before, but this was the best person she could go to. This would require the backing of the leadership of the dustmen, and with Skall being beyond reach, his second in command would have to do.

Null pulls on her grey robe over her chainmail, and walks through the mortuary. she greets the people she knows, before she arrives at the Secretary's office. She knocks
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Posted by mimifearthegn »

"Enter."

The voice that answered the knock was fairly normal, and might even had a hint of inflection. The door opened - a courtesy provided one of the zombie guards - revealing a rather nice marble office. Trevant sat behind his desk, briefly looking up to see who was there.
Sarin

Posted by Sarin »

Null steps in, and gives a slight bow.

"Trevant."

She holds up a massive bundle of papers.

"I come with a proposal. Something I think might help the dustmen. May I sit?"
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

He stares at her for a moment, looking almost annoyed, before putting down his pen and nodding.

"Go ahead, Namer. What is this proposal?"
Sarin

Posted by Sarin »

Null sits, and thumbs through the document.

"To build a massive Spelljammer dock, and to hire many members of the hive to help build and maintain it. I was asked to present this to the dustmen by the mercykillers, but I do think it can offer us benefit. Such as spreading our word through a massive influx of new people, helping bring materials at faster rates then the portals can provide, and empowering the section of the city we hold the most sway over."
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Trevant just looked at Null for a moment, and then reached for the document. He muttered something about Mercykillers clinging to life, as he briefly skimmed the first few pages.

After a moment, he seemed to remember that Null was still there.

"What was your name again, Namer?"
Sarin

Posted by Sarin »

"Null, previously Sarin, Secretary Trevan."
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

"Ah yes, the Brachina. . . and now not. . "

He finally looked up at Null.

"I will discuss the proposal with Factol Skall. I do not, on first glance, see how more trade will help people resign themselves to death, but perhaps the Factol will feel differently.

"As for you, I am aware that this is not the first time you've come with a proposal. . . and since you are so attached to dealing with the living, I think it is time for your formal funeral and initiation into the fifth circle of the dead. Are you ready for that, Null?"
Sarin

Posted by Sarin »

Null furrows their brow, thinking for a moment, then nods.

"I am ready. Have been. Ready to accept death. Give up what I have and am, and accept it."

Null reaches into a bag labeled 'drugs,' out of habit, and pulls out a spiff. She looked down at it, and put it back. She was ready.
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

"Next week, then. Invite those of the living you are close to."

He then waved his hand, seemingly signalling that she should go. His attention turned to the documents in front of him.