A Lawful Permit

*Rayanne

Posted by *Rayanne »

Seleya Sekthet arrives at the Hall of Records and quickly finds her way to a person of authority.

"Ah. Greetings, [Sir/Ms.]," she begins. "I would like to acquire permits pertaining to the trade of professional diplomacy, negotiation, and translation of languages."
She places the three application papers on the desk, all signed with her signature.
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

She is received by factotum Ollander of the Fated to discuss the practical matters of the permits, and the fees included of course. With a strange emphasis every time she says the word 'fee'.

"Well hello there, miss..." checking through the submitted applications "Sekhet." Flashing a smile for a brief second before getting down to business. "Now all of these applications will take a while to fully review by our review board. For a standard fifty jink fee naturally. A process that'll come due in time. If you'd wish them to be reviewed in express, we have a more substantial fee of five hundred jink, that'll make sure you'll be informed of the results today already. Oh... and that is for each separately. The permits themselves cost one hundred jink a piece once fully licensed."

She'd slide the applications with a single digit toward a rather tall looking pile of documents, a not so subtle hint of what the choices may be... "Now there are some practical matters to discuss over a common misconception, having a permit to act as a diplomat does not guarantee a diplomatic immunity. For those you'll require a Faction Sanctioned special permit... in which case the factions in question will guarantee the immunity... and such comes with a separate fee. How would you like to proceed from here, miss Sekthet?"
*Rayanne

Posted by *Rayanne »

Seleya acknowledges the pile of documents with a knowing nod."Ah. Bureaucracy. I am familiar with how this works."
She returns Ollander a polite smile and lifts the money purse from her belt.
"Oh, I do hope you take denominations other than jink?" She fishes into the pouch and brings up two cogs, places them on the counter, one on top of the other. "This should cover the charges. Fees. She idly taps the two coins with a finger, as Seleya seemingly takes a moment to consider the matter, then eventually, with the same finger, pushes the coins across the counter towards the factotum. "I do appreciate the expediency."

"These permits are all I wish for now. I have no expectation of these permits granting me any immunity or special privileges. My clients and contacts do not necessarily reside in Sigil; I merely wish to be officially authorized and recognised while conducting my trade here in Sigil."