Information Request

*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

The following is submitted to the Fraternity for consideration.

An inquiry is made to both the Fraternity and the Fated on the costs required to gain legal ownership/registration for a (yet to be named or submitted) Mercantile Consortium that would consist of a mass trading/selling/purchasing permit for all standing members of said Consortium. It must also provide a mass permit for the moving of merchandise between portals (tariffs excluded of course), a mass permit to register property both owned and rented, and a mass permit for crafting/enchanting/brewing. Permits can be renewable but must cover the legal operations of all members of the pending Consortium. Permits must also be valid in ALL areas governed by Sigil and her ruling council.

An address for reply is also attached
*Lucadia

Posted by *Lucadia »

Factor Argent of the Sign of One presents himself to the Hall of Records this afternoon to fill out several requests for obscure information or where to further find more if the Fated do not have indepth sources.

The subjected included:

Statements and witness accounts about capture of souls and various methods in non harming manner.

Related sources and accounts about shattered souls.

Any information on the topic of of joining souls as in merging seperate pieces together or accounts of repairing a broken soul.

Breaking the binding of soul pacts.

How to aquire the metal Thinaun, a steel alloy that allows the capture of a spirit if having contact when the creature dies.

The elf had a grim determination as he wrote out the forms. On top of any requested fees, a payment of ten thousand jink for expeditated service and offer to give a copy of a scroll of magic made for arcanists to bring the dead back.
*Lucadia

Posted by *Lucadia »

((still looking for an em or dm thats interested in this sorta stuff))
*LiquidDreamer

Posted by *LiquidDreamer »

It has taken some time but eventually the inquiry reaches someone with some experience on the subject. Factor Argent finally receives a letter along with several stacks of papers.
wrote:
Factor Argent,

You have a most interesting set of questions, questions that are best answered that by those that have experience in the subject. I have some thought I am far from a expert. I will answer what I can in writing.

"Statements and witness accounts about capture of souls and various methods in non harming manner."

The Society of Sensation has a few stones that cover that subject. There are vary methods for trapping a soul that cover the angels in Mount Celetstial, to the devils in the Abyss. I believe even the Doomguard have a method or two amongst their inner circle. What are you looking for, a particular method?

"Related sources and accounts about shattered souls."

I am not overly familiar with that terminology, can you be more specific. Of hand, it seems as if you are inquiring about those souls that have been lost/absorbed/used in some kind of machination.

"Any information on the topic of of joining souls as in merging seperate pieces together or accounts of repairing a broken soul."

What kind of information are you looking for? The process that created a newly minted being, which again can be reviewed by experiencing a sensory stone or are you interested in the end result?

"Breaking the binding of soul pacts."

I have some information I've included. Argent would find some of the other papers cover this subject. They cover the possibly of breaking the pact by either loopholes created by the wording of contract, unfulfilling the pact which is essentially doing nothing, to the chance of removing or killing the power that created the pact in the first place which nullifies the pact.

"How to aquire the metal Thinaun, a steel alloy that allows the capture of a spirit if having contact when the creature dies."

Luckily for you, I've heard of this metal. When fashioned into armor can both prevent one's soul, if you believe in such, from being absorbed while in when cast into the form of a weapon it will consume the consciousness of the last person slain.

What i know is that it is found in Mines in The Mournland. Never underestimate the City of Doors, there may be someone within in the city that maybe able to procure some.

I hope this gives you some information your looking for. Go and take a look at some of the sensory stones in the Society of Sensation. If anything, they will give you a first person perspective for some of the questions you asked if you can find any that matches what you are looking for.

If you have any more questions, we must meet in person.

Factor Spirit Reiss (his signature is at the bottom of the page)
*Lucadia

Posted by *Lucadia »

Embossed Seal

Factor Spirit Reiss

Clarification and more insight

What are you looking for, a particular method?
--
Certainly a non-harming manner, whole or by piece of what is left of the soul. Stored in a receptacle. Attracting the spirit or soul to the receptacle. My own books mention the use of a sympathy spell upon the container, naming the subject. But this would require a "living" target. If is a spirit or soul already dead, then another method to trap. If say you wanted a ghost removed from a location but did not wish to banish
it back to afterlife.

"Related sources and accounts about shattered souls."

I am not overly familiar with that terminology, can you be more specific. Of hand, it seems as if you are inquiring about those souls that have been lost/absorbed/used in some kind of machination.
--
I figured this would be obscure topic, even for the Fated and those within Sigil. In my life time, Iv come across several instances of the subject. Where perhaps a portion of the soul had been devoured. A failed ritual to absorb a soul where only a portion was put into a receptacle. Or passed down the family line as some reincarnation error.

My time in the Dread Realm when I was much younger, experiments was done against unwilling victims by a powerful lich. They devised a device that can take
the essence of the soul and split them into their moral halves in separate bodies. This Allow the two entities to do as they pleased and in some cases, put the two back together, leaving an eternal ego conflict with he victim of compulsions to do evil or have guilt for what alter ego is capable of doing without them here to regulate their actions.

I obviously do not have such an artifact in my possession, but the accounts would help toward spell research for repairing such damage. Hench the next question about accounts in merging soul pieces. Ill have a look about the stones though for the creation of such if that leads to any insights how to use planar energy for repairs, if you can find where a soul originated.

I do believe a meeting is in order, as I have a few other comments and perhaps research to share of projects I been working on.

~Factor Argent, Sign of One