Open Carry Permit Request

*Alioops

Posted by *Alioops »

A short, blonde elf wearing a lavender blouse strode confidently into the Hall of Records. A few seconds behind her an enormous Vrock ducked through the door frame and together they proceeded to the Licensing Department. After waiting patiently for their turn they take their position at the most recently vacated Clerk. She smoothes out a bundle of folded papers.

"I spoke with Cornello just yesterday about this, and I believe this is everything. I'm requesting a permit for my bodyman here to carry his weapon openly -- we've already registered and cleared it with the Harmonium as you can see here."
She indicates one of the papers detailing the Vrocks' weapon of choice and signed with a huge inky claw print after which is followed by an elegant flowing scrip Bartholomew. A duplicate copy was also provided underneath.
*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

The clerk adjusted his glasses as he looked at what must be the hundredth blood they've served that cycle. He didn't even bother looking at the papers. He just asked in a dull, dry tone "Is your. . . Associate a member of the Harmonium?" His eyes turned to the winged Tanar'ri like it was some kind of curiosity to behold.
*Alioops

Posted by *Alioops »

"VROCK!" Screeches the enormous birdman in reply.
The blonde elf pats his arm comfortingly and smiles sweetly at the man behind the desk.
"What he means to say is no, he's not a member of the harmonium. We simply followed Cornello's instructions and registered his weapon with them before coming here."
*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

The clerk stared at the outburst from the vrock with his mouth hanging open slightly. Whatever train of thought he had was lost for a time before the conversation got it back on the track. "Well Miss, I can help your associate acquire a license for possession of weapons, however it is a summary offense for anyone other than Harmonium officials to wield weapons in public."

Presently the clerk made himself busy with the bureaucratic documenting of the information offered to him while he continued speaking. "Possession of Weapons is a standard license. If you'd like to pursue that instead the process will be quick. . .er than most other licensing procedures."
*Alioops

Posted by *Alioops »

"Yes, of course." She waves a hand flippantly "Whatever you deem legal so that he may carry his weapon, holstered, wherever he wishes in the public places of the city. He wouldn't be a terribly effective bodyguard if he was unarmed, would he now?"
*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

What followed was a lengthy bureaucratic process involving a lot of paperwork and discussions of fees and provisions, as well as the exact specifics of types of weapons, renewal dates, locations where the weapons may be lawfully possessed, and the times in which they are allowed to possess them in those areas. At some point in the process the clerk had to insist on going through certain portions of it in private with Bartholomew, which undoubtedly no one was happy about and least of all the clerk.

At least by the end of it all the elf and her associate were able to walk out with the permit they sought, but unfortunately for the clerk he was stuck in the bureaucratic abyss and immediately had to assist the next person in his ever increasing queue.