Proposal of New Taxes.

*Plaxy100

Posted by *Plaxy100 »

*A letter is filed and posted to be procured and Petitioned*

"It has come to my Attention that there are certian loopholes in Taxation that need to be closed, and believe will help in bringing a increase supply of funds.

First up, I notice there is currently not a Solicitation Tax for attempting to procure Sexual services outside the hive ward, I here petition for a 1000Jink Taxation fee for each attempt to be placed on such activity.

Second, There are many people around who travel in expensive clothes and jewelry which can be stolen at any time, this places unnessary burdun on lawmakers to constantly fund Individuals to make sure such doesn't happen. As this is costly, so I suggest a Luxury Tax for all individuals who choose to where such a 10% of totall appraised value per month should be appropriate.

Third, I also propose to raise Licencing fees for Stalls by 5% I have notice Indivuals making absurd amounts of money , and quite would like my cut.

Appreciate your time Sincerely.
(signed in fanciful writing)Named one, Timothy Jack,
*DM_Duke

Posted by *DM_Duke »

Rowan considers the proposals with some amusement. Immediatley, he retreives his stamp and forwards these proposals to the Guvners to have them checked for approval while adding his own commentry:

"I believe these Taxes have absoleute relevance on the cities wellbeing, there are just too many individuals wearing fine apparels and not being charged to keep the dignity they so prize. If they have such a value on it, then such a value should be added to it, I believe this luxory tax is fine and fair.

Solicitation Tax should be mandatory, Sigil's population is not getting any smaller and people dont do enough to confine a more Cerebral and faithful relationship, this should fix the equasion for those 'happy little accidents' couplings create between each other."

To Timothy, he sends a more personal response:

"And as for the stalls, we have an agreement with proposed benefactors which may yet add to this.

Well done Namer Jack, you've already begun a most... fruitful opportunity we had considered, now we simply have a more coffer-dipping hand in the matter.

Continue looking for these unchecked 'loopholes' Sigil should be paying for its prosparity, and we, should be receiving our cut.

...Naturally, you'll receive an added value yourself."
*Plaxy100

Posted by *Plaxy100 »

A few days later another letter to Rowan,

"I would like to request on Audit regarding the Gatehouse. I spent some time there and realized something, I watched a bunch of, Ugh, children, not doing anything, but getting fed and a roof over there head.

I'm curious to where this money is coming from to feed a bunch of lazy Hoodlums who most likely will become Bleakers, chaosment, and worse yet Bojingles followers like sigil needs more of those.

I propose a forecloser if possible on the orphanage at the gatehouse, then the kids will be owned by us to put them to some decent work for the city. Anyways having kids work for us will reduce cost, there less expecting on the wages Than builders are, and produce longer loyalties, I feel if the kids refuse to work then let the Orcs have them they seem to know what to do with lazy wanty children.

Oh and please tell me we are not funding Harmonium, to go and hunt those children that where conveniently taken from Irresponsible parents that can't afford the time to watch and care for them. This would be an utter waste of resources. If the parents want there kids back they can fund harmonium to go find them.

Sincerely:
(fancible signing)
Named one Timothy Jack."

*also 2 large bags of gold delivered with a Fated Seal, taxes paid with a list of names marked as paid and 2 marked as refusal a Thomas and kobold named Bing*
*DM_Duke

Posted by *DM_Duke »

Rowan looks a little confused as a kobold amoung everything is braught to him by Zipporath, he blinks further when the proposal is suggested, seemingly this seems to be something he needs more consideration to.

He writes the reply in full:

"Namer Timothy.

Your previous suggestions were admirable, but in this particular instance we do have to take into account the difficulty of political stance. You see, The Bleakers own the Orphanage and have for some time, we cannot simply pry it from them without legitimate vote from the council of Factol's in the Hall of Speakers, even then, it is unlikley they will simply vote in our favour if we decide to tell them quite openly what we propose to counter it with.

The great difficulty lies in a more political struggle with this matter, but we can still up the insurance cost the Bleakers pay to maintain the orphanage attachment upon their central headquaters. I do admit, keeping children so close to madmen at every time is... shall we say not entirley good for ones sanity in the long run.

Still, this one will require a more careful consideration. I advise being more tactical on the matter, pick on those local Bazaar berks, take what you can, theres no reason to provide anything back if they were stupid enough to provide in the first place.

I recently heared only a few months ago before that Shaper incident that one of our own Takers managed to get a berk to sell themselves as a slave without even realising it, see Timothy, the entire point of our organisation is to relieve people of things they dont need, if they cant be sensible enough to look after their own interests then it is only in our... beneficial nature, to help them let go of the burdain.

...Even if in time that was to lead to the very life of a poor, unfortunate sod who simply couldnt pay his taxes.

Ill consider your faction proposal, but for now your status will need elivation before we can progress any credit to your name.

I suggest starting a business trade, something fruitful and when your done, report back to me your profit margin and earnings aswell as the chosen business you've worked to attain.

But for now, I shall have this... kobold put to some use, im sure my right hand Zipporath can find a value for... ...it."

Factol Rowan Darkwood, Head of the Fated.
*Plaxy100

Posted by *Plaxy100 »

(Theres no kobold they are two standout names on a list for refusal to pay taxes but tomaintain story now yah there was a Kobold too just not the one named Bing))
*A little disappointed but Timothy, understanding the concerns moves on.*

"to Rowan

I thank you for your consideration in the matter, and will hold off on it till my name means more among the Fated.

I, a person of Entrepreneurial mind, have already begun a trade in In wand and Magic Crafting, Just in the last week I have sold 8 wands totalizing more than 9000jink in Profit, I do have to admit 5 of those wands was sold to a Wannabe pirate and the other 4 where sold to a goblin, well guess you got to start somewhere. I have plans to expand in enchantments to Armor and Wands but demand is currently still above my level of expertise and ability to resource proper materials.

I will send another update in one months time, regarding progress with hopefully a expanded Profit margin.,

Sincerely:
Named one Timothy Jack.