Delivered Notice

*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

*Delivered by legal scribe is a notorized document signed by Charles Goodman, legal council of Hildmor D'Kridis.*

To whom it may concern

You currently have, under your jurisdiction, the assets of one Hildmor DÂ’Kridis. These assets were seized as a matter for investigation into possible corruption charges that have since been stricken from court as an active case. According to court records, the assets were to be frozen and used as a means of investigation into this trial and charges.

This investigation has now been halted by the courts of Sigil. The assets have now been converted into an Audit by the Fated. Under law such assets cannot be audited by the fated without the council of Hildmor DÂ’Kridis present unless, of course, for use in a court ordered investigation. Seeing as the investigation is no longer valid, the Audit hearing must have a finalized date with which to have council, for Mr. DÂ’Kridis, present. Any private tax auditing, done without legal council of Mr. DÂ’Kridis present, constitutes an illegal search of private record and opens yourself to invasive lawsuits and charges before the courts of the city.

Thus, according to law, I now place forth this notarized order to cease and desist in any unauthorized investigating of these private records until such a time as a lawful date has been agreed upon for legal council of Mr DÂ’Kridis to be present.

We thank you for your cooperation in this matter and look forward to aiding you in your audit on the yet to be determined Audit hearing date.

Sincerely

Charles Goodman.
*Agony_Aunt

Posted by *Agony_Aunt »

A response is delivered by an unspecified faction member:

Sir,

We regret to inform you that currently we are unable to comply with your duly noted request.

While we are not at liberty to discuss particulars at this time, we have noted some irregularities in the finances of your client's business that bear further investigation.

Naturally we appreciate the difficulties this may be causing your client, and will endeavour to speed up the investigation and clear up this issue, which, I am sure is probably just an accounting error which can be swiftly resolved.

However, should you or your client wish to press the case further, you may make an appointment with my office through my secretary who will try and find a mutually convenient time for us to meet.

Signed:

Factor Yunglef
Tax Inspector and Chief Auditor
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Factor Yunglef

I thank you for your quick and courteous reply. I understand your interest in any irregularities you might have found. They are of interest to us as well so that we may ensure our books are up to order and concise. If Mr. DÂ’KridisÂ’ finances are bleeding in any way, we would prefer to ensure they are remedied immediately.

That being said, due to the fact that MrÂ’ DÂ’Kridis is no longer under investigation, orders to Audit must be immediately halted until either Mr. DÂ’Kridis or his legal council are present. The initial order to Audit was made by the courts to find evidence of wrongdoing in the investigation and pending trial of Mr. DÂ’Kridis. This order has now been removed by the court with the halting of the investigation and pending trial. That turns this matter in to a typical audit, which is not unusual by any means, that requires official audit rules to hold true.

A private audit cannot be done without either the individual being audited or his legal council. AgainÂ… this is now a private audit, not a court appointed audit. To proceed without council present is a violation of Mr. DÂ’KridisÂ’ legal rights and sets an illegal precedent that subjects the lawful agents of the Fated to lawsuits.

If your members are not willing to hold to established law, and continue to proceed without legal council present, we will have no choice but to level a motion against your faction in the courts of the Fraternity of Order for a cease and desist order which will, no doubt, cause many unnecessary delays for both your auditors and Mr. DÂ’KridisÂ’ council. We will also be forced to request the court to open all of your previous private Audits to ensure no private citizen of Sigil has ever been refused due process by your organization. This would, unfortunately, subject you to endless lawsuits which would tie up your resources indefinitely.

I hope you understand the need for proper procedure and look forward to meeting with you at a date we can both agree to, to see to this audit properly.

Sincerely

Charles Goodman
*Agony_Aunt

Posted by *Agony_Aunt »

Mister Goodman,

I thank you for your response, and once again i must assure you we are doing all we can to restore your client's assets at the earliest possible convenience.

While your client was indeed cleared of charges, the audit was lawfully and legally approved, and we have received no instructions cancelling those orders. Perhaps you would be better off pursuing this with the Fraternity of Order?

If it makes you and your client feel any better, i can tell you that Duke Rowan himself has taken a special interest in this case, and ordered us to make all haste with this audit.

With a thousand apologies,

Factor Yunglef
Tax Inspector and Chief Auditor
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Very well. We will endevour to speed up the process as much as possible by delaying any legal actions against this Audit for the time being. So long as it is completed quickly, I see little reason to initiate proceedings in court. If, however, it seems that this is dragging on, we will make official motion with the Fraternity of Order to immediately close the audit and return assets and files.

Please ensure you set up a date of official meeting to discuss the audit and a date of expected completion when replying to this missive.

I look forward to discussing the matter in full so that we can reinstate these assets to Mr. D'Kridis as soon as possible.

Sincerely

Charles Goodman

*Agony_Aunt

Posted by *Agony_Aunt »

Another letter.

Mr Goodman,

It would help us immensely, if your client could fill out the form attached. In it you will find room to detail all assets he believes to be taxable, and which he believes should be exempt.

Furthermore, he can also list which assets he has purchased, sold, or otherwise transferred to or from his own accounts within the last standard year.

This will enable our accountants to proceed much quicker with determining the state of his taxes.

Please impress upon your client that any false information submitted with this declaration could result in a hefty fine being levied and the permanent seizure of his assets.

*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Factor Yunglef

I hope this letter finds you well.

As you are aware, you have received the requested documentation from my associate, Hildmor DÂ’Kridis. It was filled out without details being missed. Mr. DÂ’KridisÂ’ accountants keep detailed and concise records of all of his holdings and assets. This is to not only ensure all applicable taxes are paid but also to ensure he is not taken advantage of by unscrupulous individuals. As youÂ’ve no doubt found, everything is accounted for.

I must now insist on a confirmed target for completion of this audit. There is no more information to collect aside from what you already have in your possession so any further delays will be your responsibility.

I would prefer to keep this official audit as professional as possible and seek to bring its completion without involvement of the Fraternity of Order. Please ensure that your confirmed completion date is suitable and fair so we can avoid their involvement.

Sincerely

Charles Goodman
*Agony_Aunt

Posted by *Agony_Aunt »

((Sorry, but no such list arrived either being posted or by PM))
*Reptiller

Posted by *Reptiller »

((Okay, I'll PM it now then))
*Agony_Aunt

Posted by *Agony_Aunt »

Factol Yunglef pens a response to Charles.

My dear sir,

I am pleased to inform you that we did indeed recieve the list. In fact, I have an appointment for tomorrow with Factol Darkwood to resolve this matter finally.

I beg your indulgence to wait for a more firm response until tomorrow.

Yunglef.