Applicant

*Drowchyld

Posted by *Drowchyld »

Anja walks into the Hall of Records in some of her best and most revealing clothing. The echo of heeled boots echo in the still, dome shaped building. Being noticed by an elderly woman she glides over to her desk.

"Have you come to make a donation to the Great Hall or would you want to pay a small fee for a night looking at our library," the crone recited flatly.

"No," Anja spoke in heavy accent. "I Vish to enter the Rowan Academy of Training."

The lady scanned her from head to toe with bright glistening eyes that did not match her age. "Very kind, but we do not," clears her throat with a motion of her hand at her appearance, "openly employ jinkskirts to our members. You are more then welcome to wait outside and down the way."

"Tis not vhy I am here. I wish to apply for membership," the red haired girl responded.

"Most curious..." was the only words the elderly said.

Being lead through the vast library for only the cost of a few jink Anja was shown to a very unhappy litch that asked her verbal questions and recorded her answers.

"You're application will be reviewed. You may not be replied to. Do not ask the status of your review process or you will be automatically pulled from the list. The fees of the application are listed here. Payment is required in full. Failure to do so will result in forced zombification and immediate employment into our sorting department," the litch hands her a parchment bill instructing to pay three hundred junk. Anja pays the litch as quickly as possible.

// players please check with a DM about this post if you wish to contact me in game about my application...assuming no DMs have replied and made known potential faction status to this post.

wrote:FATED MEMBERSHIP

All beings – save those who’re lawful good – are allowed to join the Fated. Initiation takes place weekly at the Rowan Academy of Training; potential recruits are culled from the faction’s exhaustive records of past applicants and brought in for interviews and testing. The first set of tests resemble university entrance exams, designed to measure a berk’s intelligence. If the recruit passes he goes on to the physical tests – after all, a Taker’s got to have the muscle to go out and grab his due.

If the recruit passes both the mental and physical exams, the faction arranges a final test to see if the basher’s really Taker material. At some point in the near future, the recruit stumbles into a situation where he has a chance to make off with a special prize: a bag of jink, a magical item etc. However, the trap’s set up such the recruit realizes that he doesn’t have to do a thing to claim the prize – it’s just there for the asking. If the recruit takes the bait, he’s denied entrance into the faction. Members of fated claim only what they’ve rightfully earned; they don’t give or take anything for free.
Quoted from "Roleplaying Guides and Lore->Factions->Fated, Takers, Heartless"
*Agony_Aunt

Posted by *Agony_Aunt »

(( you seem to know what you are doing, and i've self-RP'd myself into factions before becoming a DM. Feel free to continue without DM intervention )).
*SavageAxe

Posted by *SavageAxe »

An eager new recruit queues up to enlist!

*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Cratten takes up the initiative after he manages to gather some time for the recruit whom is promptly summoned to Barracks... if it does come, the dialog after the initial greetings and light-hearted chatter would head towards business which would be following quite like below...
    [i]"Arrite Modron, just because ye come from lawful plane, don't ye be expecting any short cuts in the recruiting process. There be some things I oughta know before I be even considering to let ye in... First and foremost, what do ye know or think the Harmonium does? Second, what do ye think ye can offer the Harmonium? And third; Why did ye choose Harmonium?"[/i] [/li]
When the replies are given, Cratten would retain rather bland expression on his face, his tone equally even as to not give out his opinions on the replies given...
    [i]Right.. and then ye oughta answer to three hypothetical situations as appropriately as ye can think in a role of Harmonium officer... Case one; A riot has broken, and ye're called in to assist taking the riot down. The rioters are armed with improvised weaponry, they're outraged and listen to no negotiation attempts or demands. They appear determined to settle it only their way... now what do ye do in such case?[/i] [/li]
Cratten would pause and let the Monodrone reply to this with the best of its capabilities, once more even expression, he'd even actually check under his finger nails and clean them out seemingly absent mindedly, before getting to next case.
    [i]Arrite, how about the case number two; Ye have found reason to believe one of yer brothers in arms, or even yer superior ain't quite like what they seem, but rather are working for dubious causes on their own agenda. A betrayer. However, ye're in a tad of a pickle since ye ain't got any evidences... what will ye do with this?[/i] [/li]
Again he'd pause and let the monodrone take its time to reply. Though he seems attentive, he also still remains very neutral expressioned as to not confirm or deny any approval. Then he extends three fingers from his right hand.
    [i]Case the last; Situation ye've just got yerself is a moral dilemma, a criminal has recently appeared and ye've found him... however situation ain't all that simple, yer superiors have given strict order to apprehend this criminal... things would be simple if it weren't that this criminal is one step ahead of ye, he has gathered prisoners that are held hostage and in his arrogance has informed ye that if ye do anything to him, the hostages ain't going to live to see another day...but if ye ain't acting, the criminal will be leaving and likely escape the laws of Cage by leaving it entirely... what do ye do?[/i] [/li]
<<Crattens final reactions reserved for when answers are written>>
*SavageAxe

Posted by *SavageAxe »

Mr_Otyugh,Feb 17 2012 wrote: Cratten takes up the initiative after he manages to gather some time for the recruit whom is promptly summoned to Barracks... if it does come, the dialog after the initial greetings  and light-hearted chatter would head towards business which would be following quite like below...
    [i]"Arrite Modron, just because ye come from lawful plane, don't ye be expecting any short cuts in the recruiting process. There be some things I oughta know before I be even considering to let ye in... First and foremost, what do ye know or think the Harmonium does? Second, what do ye think ye can offer the Harmonium? And third; Why did ye choose Harmonium?"[/i] [/li]
When the replies are given, Cratten would retain rather bland expression on his face, his tone equally even as to not give out his opinions on the replies given...
    [i]Right.. and then ye oughta answer to three hypothetical situations as appropriately as ye can think in a role of Harmonium officer... Case one; A riot has broken, and ye're called in to assist taking the riot down. The rioters are armed with improvised weaponry, they're outraged and listen to no negotiation attempts or demands. They appear determined to settle it only their way... now what do ye do in such case?[/i] [/li]
Cratten would pause and let the Monodrone reply to this with the best of its capabilities, once more even expression, he'd even actually check under his finger nails and clean them out seemingly absent mindedly, before getting to next case.
    [i]Arrite, how about the case number two; Ye have found reason to believe one of yer brothers in arms, or even yer superior ain't quite like what they seem, but rather are working for dubious causes on their own agenda. A betrayer. However, ye're in a tad of a pickle since ye ain't got any evidences... what will ye do with this?[/i] [/li]
Again he'd pause and let the monodrone take its time to reply. Though he seems attentive, he also still remains very neutral expressioned as to not confirm or deny any approval. Then he extends three fingers from his right hand.
    [i]Case the last; Situation ye've just got yerself is a moral dilemma, a criminal has recently appeared and ye've found him... however situation ain't all that simple, yer superiors have given strict order to apprehend this criminal... things would be simple if it weren't that this criminal is one step ahead of ye, he has gathered prisoners that are held hostage and in his arrogance has informed ye that if ye do anything to him, the hostages ain't going to live to see another day...but if ye ain't acting, the criminal will be leaving and likely escape the laws of Cage by leaving it entirely... what do ye do?[/i] [/li]
<<Crattens final reactions reserved for when answers are written>>
(the following is a translation of the Modron's replies)

1. Replace Chaos with Order, Enforce the Peace, Good and Evil in equal measure.

2. Waffles! And punctuality. Also, speaks many different languages.

3. Admires the Harmonium, Law, and believes in their goals. Fears disorder and unpredictability.

4. Use high pressure water or frost to discourage/immobilize the rioters and arrest the ringleaders or loudest troublemakers.

5. No evidence is no Cause. Evidence must exist. Find it. Present to chain of command, even if it's my superior.

6. The hostages are not of significance. More will follow. Apprehend the criminal at all costs.

*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Finally Cratten replies his opinion regarding Divide By Zeros replies
    [i]Arrite, as is to be expected from a Modron, look. I don't think ye're really Harmonium material by design, the Fraternity of Order sounds much closer to what ye can do and what yer replies indicate to. Ye also mentioned fear of disorder and unpredictability, alas in this line of work ye'll need to deal with it in daily basis, which again leans that ye oughta stick to a desk job in Fraternity of Order. There ye can objectively assess laws and legal matters to best of yer capabilities.[/i] [/li]
After this Cratten leads the monodrone towards the exit casually
    [i]Now I ain't got anything against yer views, but as mentioned, I ain't thinking ye're Harmonium material, but all ye said makes sense for a Guvner. I'm certain ye'll find yer home amongst them.[/i] [/li]
*SavageAxe

Posted by *SavageAxe »

Despondent, the modron stands outside of their headquarters, moping.

Then it turns to the entryway to the Bazaar, as a rat whispers words it pays only a small portion of it's multitasking ability to.

*Drawn Steel

Posted by *Drawn Steel »

Submits several Sensory Stones containing:

1. Pain of steel slicing flesh.
2. Fear of another touching her, seeking to penetrate her.
3. Hurting that is pleasurable (piercing, burning, for now)
4. Calm (serenity)
5. Rage (battle)
6. Taste of Food ("First" ones, as in never tasting things before).

All seem odd if sampled. At once, like it's viewed from behind a transparent, grey patina of cloth, and at a distance. Yet, if approached, it is seen the cloth moves and shudders, and is easily touched for very intense sensations . . . .those gazing what lies beyond risk being overwhelmed by whatever sensation the stone holds.

*Drawn Steel

Posted by *Drawn Steel »

"Factotum . . . "

Not looking up. "Yes?"

"That new applicant, she's . . . . "

"She's what?"

"Looking in the Mirrors, and they are now cracked."

"Well, they'll repair themselves. "

The Namer bites her lip, then nods.