Request For License To Preach And To Sell

*rapsam2003

Posted by *rapsam2003 »

A runner arrives at the Hall of Records with a sealed letter for the licensing department.
wrote: To whom it may concern,

I, Morthos of the Athar, request a license to preach in public places about the truth of the Powers and their frailty. I also request a license to be allowed to sell goods on behalf of the Shattered Temple, to aid in the fight against the powers. Attached to this request letter are affidavits from fellow Athar, speaking of my good character and general good conduct within Sigil.

Signed,
Morthos
The signature is a large flourish, & next to the signature is the sigil of the Athar.
*WhenWizardsWar

Posted by *WhenWizardsWar »

Miranda, a simple clerk among the fated smirks as the application crosses her desk one day. She grins and rubs her chin in thought and she drafts up a license and appropriate tax form for the "license to preach" even though shes really never heard of such a license being required, if he wants a license for it then the fated will be glad to charge him for it (although the license to preach issue isn't discussed in anyway with the client)

She also issues him a standard merchant license for selling wares, though political affilation with the temple has nothing to do with said license and the word athar never appears on said paper.

He is of coursed taxed for this license as well.

As she places a fated wax seal on each license she smiles, folds the papers and send them off to the man in a neat envelope then she sits back at her desk and rubs her hands together.

Ahh the power of a simple clerk.
*rapsam2003

Posted by *rapsam2003 »

As he is reading the words of great Athar orators past, the runner returns. Morthos smiles and hands him a few jink. He rubs his hands together and then opens the envelope. Now, the next phase of his plan to revenge himself on the Powers can begin...