Taking A Step Foward

*Lucereflame

Posted by *Lucereflame »

Cornello would Watch the The licensing Department go about their work marking down the Factotums about the Area and watching for any Weakness They show.. he like a hunter would Choose to Find the Weakest in the flock and prepare for his challenge. making sure to learn all he can on his target

((Basicly since i read you can challenge somone for their position i am making this post for Cornello to watch the Licensing Department for a Low end npc who has Factotum rank and than eventually Challenge him for his position in combat))
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

The licensing department was vast, complicated, and full of no end of potential targets. After all, they sat around all day examining papers and stamping things.

There was on factotum who stood out - he hadn't partaken in any gladitorial games since his physical examination; he loved his fine clothes and liquor. He'd seemingly worked his way to factotum by collecting and cashing in favors. His name? Willhern Penfencer.
*Lucereflame

Posted by *Lucereflame »

Cornello would Record the name and Go Through the proper channels to propose his Challenge to Mr Penfencer, his paper worked Filed properly in Triplicate. Before Said Challenge he would prepare than in the Enclaves Basement Against his dummies, and make his way across the planes doing the same, after such he Rested his mind with meditation within the baths of his home
*MimiFearthegn

Cornello received the following correspondence some time later:

My Dear Cornello,

You must forgive my tardiness, but my secretary misfiled your challenge. She thought it a practical joke. However, my colleagues have informed me of your seriousness. I must say I am flattered that you think my humble position worth killing for.

Your challenge makes clear what you have to gain if you win. It is less clear on why exactly I should accept your challenge. Please understand that the skillset required for the duties of the licensing department has little in common with that of the warrior. Also consider that the converse of our factions philosophy is equally true - one should not expend effort when there is nothing to gain.

So I ask you, Mr Cornello, what have I to gain from accepting your challenge?

Signed,

Wilhem Penfencer
*Lucereflame

Posted by *Lucereflame »

((sorry been away for a bit))

Cornello would pen a Response to the man With the name of Several small Extraplanar Buisnesses, alone they were not worth much but together one could see they would make Quite a Large sum of Jink When Their wares were combined.

The list of Buisnesses above are what you have to gain with this Challenge, if used properly they will make you quite a bit of jink.
*MimiFearthegn

Cornello receives a reply back acknowledging the offer, accepting the challenge, and suggesting a date and time.

//Weekends are best for me, particularly Sundays. Also, if you could PM me Cornello's build and level, that would be great! :)
*MimiFearthegn

The combat took place on the 4th Low of Savorus, on the testing grounds of Ysgard. There had been the appropriate number of witnesses, and Factotum Aram Oakwright had officiated.

Word soon spread through the Hall of Records that Factotum Penfencer had lost, and not even had the courage to die. No, he'd hired a champion to defend him. Who was that fellow? Some mercenary named Yun. It didn't much matter. He was dead. The bloodier retellings of the incident never failed to mention how Cornello had torn his heart out, and offered it to Penfencer.

And Penfencer wasn't Factotum anymore. His badge belonged to Cornello Nokomis, who was given his desk - littered with tasks Wilhern hadn't bothered to finish - in the licensing department.

Rumor had it that Penfencer tried to return to the licensing department some days later, and got chased out. He didn't dare show his face there again.
*Lucereflame

Posted by *Lucereflame »

Cornello would be seen the next day already at work cleaning out the papers having namers aid in the work after all thats what they are there for. he would make sure all the back work was delt with and gone over with and make metal notes of who has licenses for what and when they filed for it