Appointment With Factor Rhistel

*Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by *Taurus Daggerknight »

A message arrives for Rhistel.
wrote:
Factor Rhistel,

The situation with the Winter Faerie court by now has no doubt reached you and your superiors. Given that the raids seem tied to artifacts and personel that have passed through this city, we will need to consult the Hall of Records archives for any leads if we're to head off the next attack (or  just make sense of what is going on here).

Please let me know if and when the clearance and procedures for this access can be done. I'd rather begin before another ward comes under attack and yet some other key artifact is stolen.

Justice Prevail,

Factor Dace Andor of the Merykillers

PS: You still haven't given me a date yet!
*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

Rhistel may also be well aware by now that Tess has been spending most of the hours of the day in the Hall of Records researching the situation, and lately one such artifact in particular. She's not hiding her research, so much of the staff would be aware of her presence and her purpose for being there.
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

((ouch, sorry for the lateness, I ditched the forums in the past days D:
reply incoming!
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

Despite Rhistel hadn't still received any news after the latest negotiations with Factor Charae, thus actually not knowing if the offer had been considered or not, he still processed the Mercykiller's request.

A reply reaches Dace a couple of days later through secure channels, along with the needed documents to allow up to two Mercykiller officers to review the Records needed.
wrote:Dace,
Yes, I have heard about the happenings, mostly because I have your people stationed outside my house door the whole cycle, every cycle. I bet my Unlucky neighbour has never felt so safe and doomed at the same time.
I have personally no details on the current situation, however, you'll find attached to this letter what you will need to have access to the Records.
I'll make sure to inform myself on the matter, this, or I'll drop by the Siren one of this day and have you tell me about it. Unless you don't happen to come and check the Brux portal yourself, of course. In that case I'll be happy to offer you a drink.

Watch the Spire, Factor.

~R.A.

P.S. Yes, a date. Try marrying an Air Genasi, and you'll discover even the simplest thing may become an insurmountable obstacle. You'll have the date beforehand, anyway, don't worry. That, or I'll be forced to have someone seize you that same day. Which may be uncomfortable. And law breaking.

------

As he indeed tries to know more about the situation, he would inevitably be informed about this person making such researches at the Hall of Records.
He inquires about the person's name and faction affiliation (was she a namer and he didn't know?), and especially, about who allowed her to make such researches in case she was not a Taker (which could simply be translated with "who took that bribe?" :D)
He knows her by name, Tess, as she had been mentioned to him, but he was not sure he knew her in person. Of course, he was really bad at social interactions to begin with, so he wouldn't be surprised if he knew her and simply forgot.

In the end, he decided talking to her directly was the fastest way to have any information he may require on both her and the fey thing.
He thus proceeded to send someone to look for her at the Hall, and ask her to meet him in his office.
*Taurus Daggerknight

\\ Sorry! Late response... ICly not so late!

Dace sends a letter of thanks to Rhistel, as well as a note to those who have been assisting him on the matter of the clearance. Although he himself is busy handling other matters related to the crisis, he sends modrone Namer 1200X4B0 to begin reviewing and analyzing the Fated's archives. Topics to look for include:

- Khelek Ba the Winter Fist, and any evidence of either her passing through Sigil as of the last century or that of any agents directly serving the Winter fey Court, prefferably anyone connected to the Prince.

- Reports and records concerning the court of Queen Mab and her agents doing the same.

- Records of any kind - taxation, bills, permits, legal documents- conected to Winter Fey and Hoary Rider veterans passing in Sigil as of the last century.

- Information on the Dragon Orb recently stolen from the Lower Ward
- Information on the six part snow flake artifact seen in the hands of Queen Mabs agents.
- Information concerning a sword by the Draconian name "Hunter" .

Additional information may be sought another day, but this would do for a start.
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

Dace's letters of thanks is received, although left without further reply.
Namer 1200X4B0 is in the meantime granted access to all the needed records, although roughly supervised during his(its?) researches, for the most part by Rhistel himself, who was already accustomed to the Modron's "peculiar behaviour" and didn't seem to mind it at all.
One could also just assume he may be interested in whatever the Red Death was investigating specifically, but that wouldn't be a surprise, afterall...

---

The brief and informal meeting with the woman known as Tess, instead, seemed to have left the Factor somewhat pleased, although for no apparent reason.
No one had disturbed her until then, and no one seems to disturb her afterwards, should she continue to visit the Hall.
Instead, a cup of hot coffee would at some point reach her, along with what would seem a... list of the scheduled Fated admittance tests for the following month.
No note is attached to it.

*DigitalDragoon

Posted by *DigitalDragoon »

The modron spends many an hour picking through a century's worth of record for anything among a list of keywords compiled from the list of research objectives given by it's commander. This, naturally, is liable to turn up a great deal of additional information that has nothing to do with the topics of actual interest in addition to anything useful. Unfortunately for both Dace or Rhistel, being a monodrone, Namer 1200X4B0 is not actually clever enough to discern the difference and thus will compile a report containing literally any tangentially related thing it can find.
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

Rhistel seems to find rather interesting, if not entertaining, the Monodrone's way of proceeding through the files. Interesting and entertaining enough that he is soon analysing that instead of the informations themselves.

He kinda felt for Dace, but...
No, no need to lie to oneself: he was mostly amused at the idea of the monstrous amount of paper the new Factor was going to find soon on his desk...
*Ariella

Posted by *Ariella »

Dace is given a rather large stack of paper work, Well likely closer to a rather large wagon of paper work at this point. It may take a while to search through it all, Especially if he does it by him self.
*Taurus Daggerknight

The first reaction was natural. That of abject terror at the sight of enough pages to terra-form an Abyssal layer.

The second reaction was sheer joy at the fact that, being a Factor, he was able to make it someone else's problem.

4B0 is assigned a few Namers to sift through the data. He had half a mind to increase the time frame just to make someone else have as bad a day as he'd had so far, but managed to refrain from such vindictive behavior. Instead, he lowers the time frame on the tax documents to the last decade.

More narrowed things to search for would be:

- Leads on the Pale Prince's scouts or agents operating within the city before and during the recent attacks

- Contact with the Gate Crasher guilds and the Pale Prince

-The First Snow Flake

Topics on the previous artifacts are still be reported on.