Fall From Grace

*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

Somewhere else up in the Cage, things had gone in a slightly different way:
the plan Rhistel had set in motion had in fact shown its first results, proving at least that his time and jink hadn't been completely wasted as he first feared.

It was while looking into one of those new leads that he and Neerepha, the air genasi known to live with him, ended up following a rather suspicious individual through the whole city and straight into a factory in the Lower Ward.

His surprise (and slight disappointment) in discovering that both his fellow factioners were being held captive in that structure wasn't enough to stop him from still trying to go after the guy, who was now fleeing with an accomplice. After noticing that Sill was on her way to free herself and thus had no need of help, he proceeded following the two until a locked door blocked his way, allowing the others, now unshackled, to catch up with him.
Then, a clearly out-of-his-mind Ra'zeth wielding his battleaxe was enough for him to decide to step aside and simply watch as the door shattered in splinters under the blows... just to present them a room full of hardheads.

If Rhistel had any suspect that his search had arrived to a premature end when the two individuals had fled, it became a certitude when the drow warrior decided to charge through the lobsters after a brief and non-constructive dialogue.
Not interested in seeing how badly the situation could end, he took advantage of the invisibility spell still cloaking him and Neerepha and fled the scene with the girl, lingering in the quietness of the Lower Ward just the time to notice that not only Sill but also Ra had made out in the street, the latter unharmed and still rambling.
So, resolute in just heading back home and resume his investigation without noisy inconveniences, he decided to ignore both of them and walked unseen toward the Clerk Ward.
*Lotus

Posted by *Lotus »

The window forgotten to be shut, the robes lying around carelessly, the polymorphic spell formula... an idea sparked in the dark elf's head. Since Rhistel apparently used magic to change his shape, his garments did not fit anymore. Moreover, he left the window open, something he would never normally do. But what if his new shape was unable to reach the height of the window easily? He must have left in a hurry.

He'd then connect it with the voice he heard back during the speech. He was already sure it was Rhistel's as no one other than him could possibly say such a thing. It was either that or the drow was going barmy, but he was surely not the type to accept such an explanation. He thus deduced that the half-drow must have come to the speech in some sort of disguise to learn more undetected.

And judging from what he heard, he must have learned something indeed. Whatever he discovered, Ra'zeth wanted to know of too. Since Hall was the last place the drow thought he had contact with Rhistel, it was the place to start with.

It all happened during the speech, the drow thought, so Rhistel must have slipped away at some point to follow whatever or whomever he found suspicious. He knew Rhistel did not take the exit behind him when he spoke, as that he would realise - if that was the case, he must have followed deeper into the Hall's corridors and offices. He headed there in a rush, although not yet sure where he would take it, he knew his answers must have been there somewhere. Impatient by nature and certainly in unrest about the whole situation he traversed through some rarely used back offices until he heard a high, annoying laugh in a distance.

-

The imp caught up with the bird quickly, cleverly taking a shorter way across the torus. His spiky poisonous tail penetrated the frail bird's flesh. He captured the messenger with ease and recovered the message. He flew back to Clerk's Ward and entered the Hall of Record's by some back window. He flew through the emptied corridors giggling with satisfaction until he reached his master.

Rhistel was about to unroll the sheet of paper the vicious little creature brought him when he heard loud steps accompanied by clinging metal. It sounded as if a small regiment of heavily armoured guards were approaching. Useless, dumb devil not only got himself followed but also got his master in trouble!

But rather than a group he saw a single person who was apparently making all this noise echoing through this abandoned section of the Hall of Records, and it was a familiar face, too. He recognised the fallen Factor.

(( As for IG stuff I will unfortunately not be available early Saturday, but it's likely some of my time later on will be freed up.., (likely, but not certain yet). how's you two? ))
*Tomekk

Posted by *Tomekk »

((Very nice post, I CAN FEEL THE HYPE! Saturday afternoon, ending before 6PM GMT+3 sounds good?))
*Lotus

Posted by *Lotus »

((That's pretty tight, but if we have no alternative I can try to adjust a few other plans (try being crucial word). Otherwise Sunday and Monday I'd have a wider window in case that fits yous two.
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

((Monday would be slightly better for me, but if needed I can try being there Saturday too!
*Tomekk

Posted by *Tomekk »

Lotus,May 1 2015 wrote: ((That's pretty tight, but if we have no alternative I can try to adjust a few other plans (try being crucial word). Otherwise Sunday and Monday I'd have a wider window in case that fits yous two.
//Sunday Liquid has an event too, hmm. His timeframe starts at the early afternoon for me, so the evening should be free. Sounds better?
*Lotus

Posted by *Lotus »

((Sooo.. Monday? / Edit: yep that works. Hour TBC, but worst case scenario could be only slightly later ))
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

((Monday 6:30 GMT +3 or anything close to that will work perfectly for me!
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

((I'll only be available at night gmt zone coming weekdays. But you guys don't really me assisting. Have fun all three of ya!))
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

Tomekk,May 1 2015 wrote: //Sunday Liquid has an event too, hmm. His timeframe starts at the early afternoon for me, so the evening should be free. Sounds better?
((sorry for the late reply, I still wasn't sure, but now I can tell that on Sunday it will be definitely a no go for me :(