Slagside Apartments

*Nimiane

Posted by *Nimiane »

Skipping into the Hall of Records with a spring in her step, a rambunctious tangerine-tinged tiefling makes her way to the administration desk with no small amount of wonder in her expression as she gazes around the overwhelmingly large interior. Her boots squeak once on the tiled floor, causing her to flush faintly on her approach. Small in stature, she places both hands on the desk and tiptoes to rest her chin on it's edge.

"Hey, hi, hello!" Terika greets cheerfully, the heart-shaped spade of her tail curling around her calf in a slightly nervous manner. "U-Um! I would like to speak to . . . someone? Yep, yes! I want to buy a room in the Slagside Apartments in the Hive, please."

The young fiend blood beams a friendly smile up at the attendant, flashing tiny fanged canines in an enthusiastic manner.
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

The lobby attendant seems a little taken aback, but would still smile politely at her, a skill clearly practised and perfected through the years.

"I think you will find someone able to help you with this issue in the Property Department" she says, gesturing vaguely in the general direction behind her back. "Follow the corridor till the Debt Department, right and left wings are what you are looking for. Follow the signs and you will find the offices."
*Nimiane

Posted by *Nimiane »

The delicate dancer gives a few quick nods to the explanation and directions, chirping a grateful "Thank you!" at their conclusion. Fishing out a handful of wrapped sweets from her satchel, she places them on the counter as a gleeful exclamation of good will and hurries off down the designated hallway.

Her enthusiastic footsteps slow as she passes the debt department, coming to a halt at the Property Department. Her golden-flecked irises dip and weave over the surrounding area hesitantly before she sticks her head in the doorway and offers a timid, but friendly "H-Helloooo?"
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

The woman glances at the young fiendblood skipping away, then takes one of the sweets and with a furtive gesture unwraps it and takes it to her mouth, quickly hiding the others in her desk drawer before anyone else can see them. She then goes back to her duties, discreetly munching.

In the meantime, the girl makes her way through the alleys, avoiding busy clerks and other bodies crowding the place, only the guards seeming to cast a glance at her as she walks by.
She, however, finds the offices without any trouble, just as the lobby attendant said, a sign outside the door making clear she is indeed in the right place.

As she peeps inside the open door of the office, she finds herself staring at a massive bookshelf covering the entire wall in front of her; only when moving her gaze on her left to follow the apparently neverending lines of books, she finally sees the man.

He is tall and rather scrawny, but yes, that could also be because of the black clothes covering him from neck to toe.
Standing beside a desk and slightly bent over it as he writes something on a parchment, he raises his head to gaze at the door upon hearing the voice, pale skin and eyes meeting the girl's gaze as he looks at her.
For a moment it seems almost as if he was surprised to see anyone in there (as if that wasn't an office...), but soon the slightly lost expression leaves his features and he stands straight again, leaving the quill on the desk before addressing the young tiefling.

"Hello... Anything I can do for you, miss?"
*Nimiane

Posted by *Nimiane »

Strangely enough, the tailed tiefer doesn't seem to take any notice of the various signage around her, though her eyes do brighten upon seeing the various books and furthermore with the presence of the black-clad stranger. As she's addressed, an excitable squeak leaves her lips and she rounds the corner of the doorframe to step inside.

"Hey, hi, hello...!" she greets warmly, the spade tip of her tail lifting to give a friendly wave over her shoulder as she speaks. Her hands clasp neatly behind her back, rocking lightly back and forth on her booted heels. "The nice lady at the desk said this is where I should come to buy an apartment room in the Hive."

The tiefling, shorter and delicate than most, reaches into her satchel and withdraws a small box of polished oak which she hugs to her chest with tangerine-hued limbs. " I also brought cupcakes, yep yes! Would you like one, Mister?
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

He seems to try and listen at her with his fullest attention, but it is clear he is, at best, perplexed by her request. As if he could see through the walls, his gaze wanders in the general direction of the lobby as the young tiefling mentions the woman at the entrance, only to turn to the ceiling for a moment before going back to his guest.

Nevertheless, he politely gestures toward one of the chair in front of the desk, as to invite her to have a seat, studying briefly the box she holds in her arms. He clearly has not even the slightest idea what a "cupcake" is, still, he doesn't seem intentioned in inquiring for the moment.

"Miss, unfortunately we do not hold the property of the apartments you mention," he starts explaining in a rather quiet tone, his hands lightly placed on the table before him as he sits on the other side of the desk.

"I believe there isn't much I can do to help you... Unless you are of course looking for someone to intermediate on your behalf for the purchase. You will indeed need a license for real estate owning, afterall, and the landlord will still need to deal with us upon selling the property..." he concludes with a vague gesture of his hand as he mentally goes over the procedure.
*Nimiane

Posted by *Nimiane »

The disappointment on the girl's features is evident, her tail slowly drooping to drag along the ground as she watched the man move to take a seat at the desk. A single canine gnawed on her lower lip as she listened, a small pout pucking that lip a moment later to accompany a confused expression.

"License. . . real estate?" her head slowly tilts, sending a cascade of blonde curls down her shoulder. After a few thoughtful moments, she shakes her head and offers a small smile. "I don't think I have the jinkies for that, Mister. I will. . . go and speak with the landlord. Yep, yes!"

Snapping open the clasp on the box, it swings open to reveal four near-perfectly frosted confections. The baked goods had a slightly reddish tinge to them, their sugary frosting a snowy white. Grasping one gently around it's paper cocoon, she leans over and places it on the desk before her.

"Thank you, anyway. . ."
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

He stares at the cupcake the girl places on his desk, blinking a couple of times before looking at her again, regaining part of his composure almost immediately before speaking.

"Yes, on second though I do believe that in this case, the licensing part will be mostly an issue the landlord will need to take care of," he says nodding slightly. "Just be sure to bring us the contract he will write down for you, and... let me know should you have any issue with him..." he then concludes, leaving the unfinished sentence linger in the air before looking down at the cupcake again.

"And... thank you... I suppose."
*Nimiane

Posted by *Nimiane »

For a few moments, the tiefling simply smiles in return. Snapping the lid of the box shut, it's then shoved into her leather satchel with extra-dimensional ease. "Landlord. Contract. Issues." she murmurs to herself with a few brisk nods, as though committing it to memory.

With the placid expression of gratitude, the girl lifts her head once more and widens her smile to beam pearly white canines in his direction. "You're welcome, Mister."

Turning on her heels with a flick of her tail, Terika turns and skips out of the office without further adieu, leaving the dark-clad man to enjoy the wonders of a red velvet cupcake.