The Missing Sensory Stone

*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

Of course he had read the newspaper. With a couple of days of delay, yes, he had other things to care about... but now he realized that maybe he hadn't given the news the needed attention.

He really didn't care what that Cambion did in his free time, he could steal from Darkwood himself if he was able to and managed to not get caught.
This was a different matter, anyway: if he really still had that Fated badge he showed him days before, his visit to the Festhall was going to look like something a little more annoying than a simple theft, and he really couldn't afford that, not with him entering his workshop everytime he needed to take a leak.
It could have worked, while he was just a Namer.... Maybe even when he still was a Factotum. But now that they had decided that he needed to be a Factor, it was well beyond what he cared and what he wanted.

With a slight snort of annoyance as he counted the many mistakes he had done on that matter, as he considered the Cambion nothing more than a nuisance until then, he closed the workshop and went in his private rooms to pen down some letters.

Watch your back.
Sure as the Nine Hells he really needed to start doing that.

The first letter, was addressed to the Keeper of the Hall, Oakenwright, and for that, he knew he had to scrap as much humility as he could.
wrote:
To the Keeper of the Hall,

in the light of the recent actions the Cambion undertook in the Sensate Headquarters, I will need to apologize and ask you to disregard my previous request. I have realized that delaying pressing charges with the Harmonium only because I want to take care of the matter myself is not a line of action we can afford now, especially if he is still acting while in possession of the forged Fated badge.
Please take all the measures you feel are needed at the current time, I will in the meantime contact the Sensates on the matter.

My thanks in advance,
Factor Rhistel Aidan

As soon as the ink was dried, he closed the parchment and put it aside, then took two more blank ones and began to write down two more letters: one addressed to the Siren Song and another one to a private address.
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

A reply soon comes.
wrote:
Factor Aidain.  I will approach the Harmonium regarding a warrant for this man's arrest and have the guards here at The Hall of Records instructed to detain him should he arrive here.

Factotum Oakenwright
Keeper of the Hall
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

wrote: Factotum Oakenwright,
again, you have my thanks.
Consider me at your disposal should you need assistance.

Factor Rhistel Aidan
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

The day after sending the last message to the Keeper, Rhistel went to the Hall of Records even earlier than his usual.
Paranoid by nature, and now even more than ever, he started to regret using written communication to report to the Faction.
What if the letters had been intercepted? Was he really sure he was communicating with the Keeper to begin with?
He could realize the Harmonium had been informed, yet, Measure Hograth seemed surprised he knew about it. Did it mean he didn't know the Fated had reported to them?

Of course, he could be overreacting, but as they intended to search his place, he needed to know what was happening and if he was missing something.

Once inside the Hall of Records, he requested a meeting with Oakenwright, saying it wouldn't take long and he would appreciate if he could receive him immediately.
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

It does not take long for Rhistel to be granted an audience. The dwarf looking up from his desk.

"How can I help you Factor?"
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

By the time the keeper could receive him, he had managed to recollect himself enough to not seem as upset and on the edge as he had been upon leaving his house, and definitely more capable of sustaining a conversation.
He didn't want to approach him and openly ask if he had sent any of the letters he had received in reply until then, afterall: he hoped to be able to have his answer by simply talking to him.
Approaching the desk he bowed slightly to the dwarf and placed some documents on his desk.

"Measure Hograth consigned me the documents pertaining the investigation on my person and the warrant to search my private property. I have five Harmonium officers taking care of the matter as we speak," he added with a slight grimace at the thought. "Alas, forgery doesn't seem to be their first though when talking about the illegal badge found in possession of the Cambion, and they're asking our cooperation in finding out if the badge came indeed by our... deposits, whatsoever" he gestured vaguely, clearly finding the matter completely useless "Can this be checked, somehow?"
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

The Dwarf nods.

"Of course Factor I shall do so at once, is there anything else you needed?"
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

He shakes his head in reply, "No, thank you. Please let me know should something come up from the investigation."

He then turns to leave with another slight bow and walks to the door, stopping a moment before opening it.

"Oh, just another thing, please.. Can I have the name of the officer who corresponded with our Faction regarding the pressed charges against the Cambion?"
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

"I mentioned your concern to Factor Ziporath. I believe he approached Mover Caine personally on behalf of our Faction."