Ba'alnior And Associates

*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

BaÂ’alnior cleaned out one of the seldom used offices in the Hall of Records, moving all the stored files from that room and placed them atop an even higher pile of stored files in another room. He took a desk from one of the absent records clerks, a few chairs from the lobby storage room, some cabinets from an office with an absent tenant and made himself a little office of his own. It was far from ritzy but it would suffice for now. A small, hand crafted nameplate on the door.
wrote:BaÂ’alnior and associates, Attorneys at Law
The litigation business was very lucrative, heÂ’d already made a tidy profit for simply sending paperwork to the Fraternity. Now all he needed was an Associate to make it an official law partnership dedicated to finding people money they are owedÂ… and pocketing 40% while doing it.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

"Quantifiable investment amounts. I'd need to know definite numbers before I officially agree to commit. You understand I'm sure. What kind of investment amount are we considering?"
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

"Oh, I see" he replied with a brief sigh, as if suddenly slightly bored at the mention of numbers, "I suppose it is a legitimate question."

Thus said he reached for a piece of parchment on the table and a quill. He scribbled down a number and then offered it to the other.

"Part of which I will use to provide you with a fully functional office in either the Clerk Ward or the Lady's, the rest to be used for employee wages and other expenses for this first year," he then stated plainly, "this sum to be renewed each year. Of course, it may change basing on the minimum gross income we will agree upon"

"So, how much does paper cost?"
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Ba'alnior looked at the paper and pondered the amount. He made some notes, a few calculations and finally nodded

"You have yourself a deal. A 25 percent take of the earnings on an expected annual profit quota. You'll also have the ear of the firm, free of charge, when you should personally need it"

He then held out his hand to seal the deal
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

He nodded as well at the other's reply, then slowly stood up, without taking the offered hand for the moment.

"Twenty five percent of the net yearly income, and my interests will be represented by the firm. Please do write me a contract, I will review it and sign it. Then we'll have a deal."

Only then, he offered his hand as well.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

The hand was shook and a contract would be forthcoming. Ba'alnior would feel a sense of pride... and a lot more ambitious
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

Entering his newly acquired office one day, Ba'alnior would find a probably familiar figure occupying one of the chairs, a slightly bored look wandering on whatever piece of document he could have found around as he waited for the lawyer to arrive.

Upon hearing the door open, the young half drow would raise his gaze from the papers in his hands to meet that of the other, speaking then with a casual and rather unconcerned tone.

"I have heard someone is complaining about a missing desk..."
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

BaÂ’alnior would smile as her entered his makeshift office, holding out his hand to Aidon as he sat down

“Factor! What a pleasant surprise to see you here. As you are obviously aware, my door is always open. I hope there is some way I can help you today. If it is to hire my services, I’m obliged to inform you that all Fated members receive a generous discount. Now… what’s this about missing furniture? I shall endeavor to get to the bottom of the issue as quickly as I can and seeing as this is our first bit of business, I’ll even waive the consultation fees. Please allow me to help put things right.”

Another professional smile and he waited for reply
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

Rhistel stared at the hand the other held out to him, the clear expression of one who isn't used to that kind of gesture at all, yet, as if he had been training, he offered his own in response, shaking it slightly before the other sat down behind -his- desk.

"Oh, do not worry about that," he replied with a small shrug after listening at his words, one would say with little interest... but wasn't that his usual expression anyway?
"Whoever manages to lose a table clearly has attention issues," he continued quietly, "or... attendance issues. Let them solve it by themselves..."

"As for your question... well, I am not in need of any help right now. In fact, I may be here to... offer you my help, we may say..."
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

BaÂ’alnior, in his confident manner, shook Aidans hand firmly and genuinelyÂ… although the hand would feel cold to the touch. The smile never leaving BaÂ’alniors face even as he responded

“Well, Factor, colour me intrigued.”

He leaned back in his chair and idly clasped his hands on his chest

“What sort of help are you offering…. And more importantly, what is it going to cost?”