Ba'alnior And Associates

*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

"It is easily explained," he replied with the same quiet tone, almost imitating the other as he sat more comfortably on his chair, although maintaining a composed stance.

"I have found myself interested in investing in private business, as of late. And I am interested in your... law firm project."

He let the information hang in the air as he kept looking at the other, clearly interested in seeing how it was received before wasting time in further explanations.
Despite being serious about the matter, it was clear he was not cut for haggling or pleasant chit chat.

"Would you be interested in discussing it?"
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

“Investment in the project, hm? I see. What exactly would this entail? Would you be offering a better office, more visibility… maybe more clients? I also must ask, what kind of share would you be looking at as a return? I’m completely open to the idea so long as I don’t have to sell my soul”

He would smile at the last sentence
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

Rhistel, on the other hand, seemed to consider the idea quite seriously, and after a moment he shook his head thoughtfully.

"No, I am currently not interested in souls. And this wouldn't seem the right circumstance for this kind of deal either."

"Clients, that is on you. I am not going to invest in a business who can't keep itself up, of course," he offered pragmatically. "But yes, I'd be willing to fund the business. Which could mean no need for associates, but rooms for employees, and a... better office..." he said, moving his gaze around for a moment before commenting in a rather neutral tone "...which is easily accomplished, one would say."

"And of course with a real office would come visibility, and probably more clients. So yes, in the end we may say I will provide more clients as well."
He paused a moment, then tilted his head slightly to one side.

"What I am expecting in return is quite simple.
First of all, success. As I said before, I am not going to invest in a boat destined to sink... I will require you to reach a minimum gross income yearly. If the quote is not met, I may have the right to rescind the agreement: I take back everything, and our ways will part.

In addition to this, the firm will represent my interest anywhere it will be required... and I'll perceive twenty-five percent of the net income."

Thus said, he fell silent again waiting to know the other's thought on the matter.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

BaÂ’al would smile at the offer

“An ambitious investment, one I would be a fool to turn down… but…”

He would pause for a moment

“I’d have to see the property, of course, before I signed the lease”
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

He raised an eyebrow at his reply

And by property you mean...?
*Silk

Posted by *Silk »

Karenn would at some point along the way present herself at the office of Ba'alinor.

"'Lo there. Got a lot of stuff on my plate as it were, but I figure I can make plenty of time to serve as a clerk for ya organizing the files and all that boring stuff, so long as the pay is good."
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

BaÂ’al would be in the process of loading boxes with files, papers, office supplies etc. He was packing up his makeshift office for the big move to his new public office in the market. He would smile at the offer

“Of course I could use the help. A successful practice isn’t going to run itself. Everything from bookkeeping to case running to tracking down or finding clients, retrieving late payments and a myriad of other necessary tasks. A busy place indeed. A guaranteed weekly pay and a percentage of the profits from clients you successfully sign up to the practice, if you’re interested.

Do you have any experience in managing an office?”
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Things had already started to change and BaÂ’alniors practice had already started to profit. A wealthy client had hired the firm on permanent retainer and had paid the annual fee up front. That afforded a couple more nice suits and another well placed advert in the Market Ward.

He would seek out more permanent clients and, if successful getting them, would begin to seek out an associate to bring into the firm.

*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

Just few days after the documents were signed, a parcel reached Ba'alnior at the Hall.
It contained a set of keys along with a copy of the leasing contract for the new office and a small, unsigned note.

wrote:You'll be able to move in the new office later this cycle, works have just been completed. Approach the Market Ward from Gymnasium side, you'll find the building on your right.

Good work.
*Silk

Posted by *Silk »

"That's me main job around here really. Stuff under my care might look messy, but you can bet your bottom copper that I know where all my files are when I need to find 'em, savvy? Referral bonuses eh? Ya know, I just recently signed off on the permits for a merc group. I figure some skullduggery types like that would probably find our services handy in the long-term right?"