A Possible Case Of Forgery

*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

During the night of the first Market of Tithing, a communication reaches the upper floors of the Hall of Records.
It is slightly tattered and stained on one of the bottom corners (blood?), but even if not having an official look to it, its contents seems to bear some more relevance than its aspect would tell.
wrote:
Please check badge number <follows identification> and the document concerning the affiliation of the supposed namer to which it was assigned.
Possible case of forgery or Anarch infiltration.

Here follows description of the individual found in possession of said badge:
cambion, male, dark blue/green skin, black hair partially shaved.
Subject currently known as "The Boggart"

the communication is signed by Factotum Rhistel Aidan
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

Eventually a reply arrives on Rhistel's desk
wrote:
Factotum Aidain

After checking the number of the badge I can confirm that it is not registered to any Fated in Sigil and we have no news of any recent transfer from Ysgard.

The Cambion you mention is known to me however, and I believe he will show himself again here soon if we do not let him know we have uncovered his ruse.  I shall send a request for an arrest warrant to The Harmonium.  In the mean time if you see him quietly apprehend him.

Factotum Oakenwright
Keeper of The Hall.
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

Upon reading the reply after his return from Ysgard, Rhistel shook his head with an unconvinced expression on his face.
He had not made clear his relationship with the cambion as he didn't believe it should be a Faction concern, nor he specified the circumstances under which he had discovered the forgery, so he should have expected this kind of reaction.

Taking a quill, he scribbled a quick reply to the Keeper.

wrote: Factotum Oakenwright,
thank you for confirming the information for me.
I doubt the Cambion will really show himself at the Hall: whatever the reason for his actions, I am not sure infiltrating the Faction was his main purpose.
Also, if you know him already, you will be aware already he is no fool; I will not treat him like that.

Factotum Rhistel Aidan
Omitting any clear reply to the order of arresting the subject upon seeing him, he sent the message and then headed back home for the night.