A Request For Documents

*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

After his other visit at the woman's house, he returned to the Hall of Records immediately:
The informations he managed to get from her weren't as useless as he feared at first, and now he had two more names to look up, one of which he already knew.

He quickly wrote a report to Factor Ziporath informing him of the recent updates, adding a small note in the end

wrote: Let me know how I should move with the Harmonium; I will also be contacting the Doomguards soon, and try to understand if the weapon is their only aim and if a collaboration could be possible.
I will anyway be going to need more informations about what has been stolen from us. Such element could make a great difference should it be still present and used against us, and I'd rather know what we will be dealing with.

After sending everything to the Factor, he turned to the archives for another quick research on the two other Growers the woman mentioned him.
Granp, the Godsman, who was even present at the attack to the boy, and Aldera Maine, who apparently joined the Harmonium after the Expansionist destruction.

He wanted to know more about them, before heading to the library, and he wanted to know what they had been up to lately.

At the library, then, he also hoped to find out which memeber of the Doomguards he was going to deal with. They had been seen around there, someone was going to be able to give him a description, if not even a name.

*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

((And after a short break...

Rhistel's search of the archives would uncover that an import tax was paid on some Axiomatic Brass delivered to The Foundry, this would indicate that he is still a member of The Godsmen. He finds little about Aldera Maime, however a Lord and Lady Maime have a large estate in the Lady's Ward and pay a large amount of income tax on their considerable income from rent paid to them from the citizen's of town on a prime world of which they hold the deeds. His report also promptly receives a reply.
wrote:
Factotum

I suggest you make what allies you can as long as their goals do not conflict with our own.  If it is of help I can formally make enquiries at The Armoury on your behalf.  As for the Harmonium I would be careful.  They wish to take Mullcare into custody which would conflict with our own goals. Keep me informed.

Ziporath.
At The City Library the Librarian would tell him.

"There were two people asking about growers, one was a masked elven woman another was a human man. I don't know if they were Sinkers but they were asking the same questions you were. They mentioned staying at the Bottle and Jug."
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

Rhistel studied the newly gotten information for a moment.
Granp still within the Godsmen meant he hadn't been discovered yet, and thus didn't feel the need to hide. That was positive on some accounts.
Then there was the woman, on which he didn't find much, yet, the possessions registered at her family name on that Prime were interesting. He wondered if it was the same Prime the woman mentioned when she told him about the travels she made with her husband.
Most probably it was, and in that case, that information could be really useful.

He took note of the prime world, along with any informations on portals connecting to it, and stashed them with the rest of his documents, then took a moment to write a small reply to the Factor:
wrote:
You have my thanks, but no assistance will be needed at this time.
I will report back with updates as a soon as I'll have some.

Aidan

Once hearing what the librarian could tell him, he made no secret of his disappointment. "A man and an elf woman with a mask" was the most vague thing he could tell him, and he wasn't intentioned in taking that answer as a good one.
He made more questions, asked for a description, if not of the elven woman given the mask, at least of the man.

As for the Bottle and Jug, he wasn't going to do anything before knowing in what kind of situation he was going to walk in.
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

Rhistel notes the name of the Prime world is Ogaro. A check of the records kept to aid Fated mercenaries in their trips to other planes tells him that the portal is in a park in the Lady's Ward, and the key is a length of copper wire at least a foot long.

When he ask the librarian for more information the man thinks for a moment.

"He looked younger than both me and you. From what I could see from under his tri quartered he had dark hair. He didn't have any armour and he wasn't very big so I don't think he'd be any kind of warrior."

The man stops and thinks some more.

"I did notice when he opened his bags he had a set of bag pipes in them. Perhaps he is some kind of musician. The best way would be for you to go to the Bottle and Jug and check. Or send some one else if you don't want to."
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

A note arrives:
wrote: To: Factotum Rhistel

Sir,

following Factor Ziporath's request for aid I offer the Harmonium's assistance in your onging investigations.

Please let me know what you need.

Hograth Thorn, Measure III

<a seal showing a Dragon's Claw and an arcane mark showing something similar>

*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

He considers the words of the librarian with a raised eyebrow, then quietly heads away.

That was surely not something he could have someone else do... maybe scrying the place? Or...
No, maybe he just needed to be there, meeting the Doomguards before the Growers showed up.
It was hazardous at best, yes, still he had no time to indulge in any kind of paranoid over-thinking.

In this mindsetting, he left the library and walked toward the Bottle and Jug, cloaking himself in an invisibility spell as soon as no one was watching him and proceeding trough the Hive.
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

Rhistel enters The Hive and under the cover of invisiblity slips unseen through the ward. He gets to The Bottle and Jug to find two rather large trolls man handling a drunken half orc whom they sling face first onto the street. It is not hard for him to slip through the open door to find himself inside the inn.

It is still early evening and the small crowd's attention seems to be drawn to the scene caused by the ejected half orc.

((Now he is inside will continue this here
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

After leaving the Bottle & Jug and following the Growers to their hideout, Rhistel went back to the Hall of Records to report to Ziporath about the latest event and his next steps.
Entering the Maze wasn't really an idea he enjoyed, still, he couldn't help being drawn by the idea of seeing it with his own eyes.
Curiosity was going to be his end, one day.

Reaching his desk, he finally noticed Hograth note, and quirked an eyebrow.
Clearly, Factor Ziporath had no clue what "no assistance will be needed at this time" meant. He wondered if he was doing it on purpose or if he just was in... "good faith".

He quickly wrote a reply to the Measure and sent it to the Barracks as soon as the ink was dry, then planned to use the few hours remaining after meeting with Hograth to gather all the information he could need to face the trip in the Maze.