Be Fated, Not Hated!

*Tomekk

Posted by *Tomekk »

//Yes, but your first official action being a rather insulting letter to the Faction and one of its Factors does tend to have dire consequences... 'un-fun' or not, if your first thing on the job is calling out one of your bosses and telling everyone that they should do things a bit differently, you're not going to be well liked.//
*Rainbow Prism

Posted by *Rainbow Prism »

//Although, clash of visions in Faction as rich with different understanding of philosophies was unevitable. Hang in there, everyone.
*KaryielValois

Posted by *KaryielValois »

Tomekk,Jan 18 2015 wrote: //Yes, but your first official action being a rather insulting letter to the Faction and one of its Factors does tend to have dire consequences... 'un-fun' or not, if your first thing on the job is calling out one of your bosses and telling everyone that they should do things a bit differently, you're not going to be well liked.//
(( Um. . she didn't actually insult the faction since she'd be insulting herself. I understand how some members could be insulted by her condemnation of the scenario she put forth, but it was not a universal insult against Fated members. If you read carefully, the only real insults are things that others had remarked to her which she is relaying. . and my impression was that Namers in non-lawful factions don't have to agree with or obey everyone higher up in the chain of command. She is chaotic and could care less about the chain of command.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Rainbow Prism,Jan 18 2015 wrote: //Although, clash of visions in Faction as rich with different understanding of philosophies was unevitable. Hang in there, everyone.
// :thumbs:
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

The order to lynch the Namer is soon counteracted by orders from Digger Ziporath. The fallen deva was widely reported to have said afterwards that "That drow had better not harm my subordinates or recruits in the future. . . or a few more things just might come to light about him."
*KaryielValois

Posted by *KaryielValois »

Duplicates of this piece of writing are widely distributed wherever publicly accessible in the Fated's hometurf.
wrote:Be Fated, Not Hated!
An opinion piece for members of the Fated.

~ ~ ~

Too often I hear the comments such as "No offence, but most Fated are pricks", "You don't strike me as a Taker," or "Takers are assholes," when it comes to light that I am a believer of the Fated philosophy.

I must ask the question as to why the general consensus of us Takers must be so negative! In my humble opinion, this does not need to be the case, and it can change with a small paradigm shift.

Our philosophy is "The multiverse belongs to those who seize it. No oneÂ’s to blame for a poor sods fate but the sorry sod himself."

There is nothing in this sentence which states that you must be an ignoramus. We can all seize our goals without the unproductive need to go out of our way to raise the ire of those around us, with minimal loss in efficiency.

I was once offered the example that a Taker would sooner push a man out of their way, than take a few extra steps around them in order to reach their destination. My only thought was this example is utter lunacy, and that only a proponent of idiocy would ever believe such a thing were practical, or warranted under any circumstances.

There is no part of our philosophy that endorses this course of action and beyond that, it is a simple matter of practicality. What is the outcome of pushing the man in your way? It is hardly going to be quicker than taking a few extra steps around them, and likely will take much longer should they take offense to your belligerence.

This may seem an extreme example, but it is a template for all the decisions a Taker should make.

In order to not raise the ire of the other factions for expedient reasons, I would ask that the next time you consider pushing a man out of the way, consider if that is truly the quickest path to your destination.

Furthermore, it has come to my attention that we are risking open war with the Mercykillers after Factor Ra'zef decided to murder one of their Justices for personal reasons.

I, and I am sure, many other Takers, have no desire to fight a bloody battle on the streets over the selfish actions of one Factor, and would beseech our Factol and our other Factors to take this in to consideration. He, having kicked the hornets' nest, should take responsibility for his own actions and should not so selfishly use our faction as his own personal shield.

There is no reason we can not stay unerringly true to our philosophy without the need for hostilities with other factions.

~ ~ ~

Written by Karyiel,

Namer of the Fated,

&

Eighth Daughter of the Six Hundred and Thirty-Fourth Human Generation of the Noble House of Valois on the Prime Material Plane of Amyalu.
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Crow's attention focused on the article, then she smiled. She then took a pen and underlined the word "idiocy" before she returned to her business
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

Being almost compulsive when it came to reading, Rhistel inevitably ended up going through that weird message while at the Hall.

An inside man from some other faction? No, that was most improbable. A spy wouldn't have been so obvious to begin with.
He sighed.
That meant it was actually one of their namers.

He took a break from his work to check the date of affiliation of this Karyiel Valois, and looked up for any note that could have been added to her file regarding her joining exam.

He lose interest soon enough, though, and after some minutes of searching he decided to go back to his business.
One who gave more credits to the chant and the gossip around the Cage than to what was said inside the Hall, had clearly little trust in their Faction... and if they decided to opt for blatantly insulting all their factioneers together with that letter, they probably were already having second thought about being a Fated to begin with.
*Tomekk

Posted by *Tomekk »

Said duplicate letters were quickly collected and incinerated; whilst the Namer became listed as persona non grata and viciously lynched should they ever set a foot around the Hall of Records again.
*Rainbow Prism

Posted by *Rainbow Prism »

After reading one of duplicates, Sillxhistraja laughed.

In fact, one could hear creepy giggling on the archive floor for nearly a day.