A Visit For Business

*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

He doesn't seem to get the point of her question straight away, and leans against the back of the chair with a slightly perplexed expression on his face

"Well, I mostly meant it as.. 'attentive to details'.
But I can see you seem to be greatly interested by the ethic issue, as you bring it up in our discussion quite frequently. Can I ask what it is exactly that concerns you so much about it?"
*Cellopoly

Posted by *Cellopoly »

“While I have no issues with those who are ethically and morally focused, I don’t have much use for the ideals when it comes to business. Business exists for the sole intent of gaining profit. That’s why we do it. If people wish to focus on moral and ethical concerns it becomes less of a business and more of a program, social or otherwise. I have no intent of running a program… I’m running a business for the sole purpose of profit.

I have witnessed what happens when people of great moral and ethical views come across businesses that violate these personal views and the result is rarely pretty. I wish to avoid such things and I intend to use the law of this city, the bureaucrats, the institutions and the orderly mechanisms to do just that. This is the reason I approached the Fated. I don’t want people who are working for my better interests to be distracted or bogged down with moral and ethical dilemmas or struggles. Many people have an issue with the slave trade; I simply wish to ensure those people are at arm’s length from my business. That is why I maintain focus on it. I want you to understand so that you may simply pull away from any dealings with me if such things trouble you. I don’t want it to be a hindrance to a profitable relationship.”
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

He nods slightly at her words

"I can see your point ma'am, of course... So, since I seem to understand your question is more 'personally' rather than 'professionally' oriented, I will reiterate one of my previous statement to make sure my words were not misunderstood...

I personally don't care about the nature of your business. And I mean that without offence, of course.
One of our job here is to... make sure people who deals within the Cage jurisdiction contributes in proper measure in order to keep things run smoothly.
Your business is legitimate, and you seem willing to contribute... therefore, I see no problem."
*Cellopoly

Posted by *Cellopoly »

Mila would smile and give a slow, respectful nod

“Wonderful. Contributing to the system allows one to be fully protected by it. A fair price to pay to ensure my interests are secured.

That being said, I think now would be a suitable time to discuss the terms and conditions I will be expected to uphold for the proper protection offered by your faction. I’m certain you will be able to tell me exactly what to expect?”

The smaller of the two Erinyes again steps up to the pair, this time a pen and paper at the ready to take notes on negotiations
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

He nods and turns to look for something in the desk's drawers, though it's clear he has no idea where to look exactly.

"Taxation is usually processed monthly, the amount owed based on the account books review. Percentage can vary with time, but... in case of especially remunerative business, different deals can be made."

He finally produces a small folder that he opens to check the content. Apparently satisfied, he places it on the desk and idly starts browsing the documents inside.

"Here's my offer... We agree on a minimum income expected from your business in a time of one year, and I will block the tax percentage for you at the actual value for that amount of time. Will add another small percentage to that as a fee for my services, and will therefore take care of your account books and bureaucratic procedures in your stead.
At the end of the year, should your business exceed the expected income in a manner we find appreciable, we may renegotiate the terms and consider the idea of lowering the tax percentage."

He writes down some notes as he speaks, and then hands Mila some documents concerning what he just proposed

"Of course, should instead happen that the business will not meet the requirement we set... a penalty consisting of the missing percentage based on the tax fluctuation during the year, plus an additional fee, will need to be paid.
But I hope this won't be the case, anyway."
He concludes quietly.
*Cellopoly

Posted by *Cellopoly »

Mila read over the documents with the eye befitting her infernal nature. She then handed it to the Erinyes to do the same. Once they were both satisfied with what was included, she set the documents on the desk and signed them where applicable. She then slid them across the desk and set the pen down. She extended a hand, accompanied with t a smile

“Thank you for your time and services. I look forward to a profitable future for us both”
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

After Mila approves and signs the plan, he carefully proceeds to countersign the documents himself, putting them again in the folder as soon as the ink is dry.
Then, as she offers him her hand, he takes and shakes it, in a slightly awkward way, almost as if he wasn't entirely accustomed with the gesture.

"Thanks to you, ma'am. I wish you a... pleasant stay in the Cage."
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

He listens again at Mila, quietly, following all the informations she gives him and stopping from time to time to consider the Erynies she has with her with nothing more than a vague interest showing from his expression.
Then, at her final question, he focuses his attention on the woman again, smiling faintly in what could even seem amusement for a moment.

"Well, we can say you know something about me too, ma'am. For example, that this is not my office... and that I'm definitely not the one you were supposed to talk to in the first place.
Thus said, I'm afraid I'm not going to try and convince you I am the one you need for this job. I'm sure there will be plenty in here willing to do so... who knows, some even rightfully."

He pauses a little, then talks again, his tone still plain.
"When I said I was going to personally take care of the services you requested, I merely meant I wasn't going to delegate the paperwork to someone else, as I feel that could cause delays.... Also... well, I'm sure there will be no need to point that out, but it is in the interest of whoever takes your request, so also mine, should be the case, to make sure your business proceeds without problems. If your business reveals to be solid, of course.

But yes, one information I think I can safely give you about me, is that I have a fair knowledge about the layer of Nessus and how things works there... same of course for the language in use.
And that I tend to be... scrupulous."