Permit Application

*Orlitoq

Posted by *Orlitoq »

For the first thyme Filip enters the Hall of Records with official business, rather than just to peruse the stacks, and shelves, that climb the walls of the vast library as he often does.

Walking up to the front desk, Filip gestures to the attendant in an effort to gather the clerk's attention.
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

The clerk, a middle aged woman with bags under her eyes suggesting she may be nearing the end of a long shift flashes a look of mild annoyance before composing herself looks up at him from the desk.

"Yes?"
*Orlitoq

Posted by *Orlitoq »

Smiling pleasantly Filip regards the clerk, giving her his full attention. After noting her worn state, he offers a curt nod of greeting and says, "Ma'am, I shall endeavor to be as brief as possible... I seek the forms necessary to procure the appropriate permits for the sale of alcohol within the bounds of Sigil proper."

From a folio at his side, Filip produces a number of stamped, notarized, and signed copies of the licenses required to import both beer and liquor into Sigil from outside, and places them on a clear section of desk before the clerk. "The alcohol will be brewed, or distilled, off plane, and these licenses show that the aforementioned product has been approved for import."

"The means of distribution for which I seek approval, and permits, are the following: Sale of imported goods via independent personal action, not limited to a mercantile stall or permanent structure; as well as sale of the aforementioned goods via mercantile stall should I so desire to establish one."

After making his initial case, Filip stands patiently waiting for the clerk to review the supplied forms; pleasant smile fixed in place.

((I noticed that Bribery was not on the Wiki's list of criminal offenses... Is it considered good/poor form to sweeten the deal (AKA: grease the wheels of bureaucracy)?
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

The request is greeted with a slump of the shoulders and a heavy sigh as she begins rooting around for the forms as she half listens to him. At the mention of alcohol her attention seems piqued.

"Exotic liquors? That could be dangerous, I'd need to see a sample before I could begin proceedings to allow such a thing. To make sure nothing untoward or unsafe is being distributed of course."

((I think we all knew there would be a bribe at some point :P
*Orlitoq

Posted by *Orlitoq »

Filip notes the glimmer that seeps into the eye of the clerk at the mention of alcohol, nods once, and then bends down to open a packing crate.

"The brewery is still growing its selection, and our distillery is not yet fully functional. However, I did bring a solitary, and single, sample case with me. Our sample case contains one bottle of each of our current twenty-two varieties..." Filip unpacks two cases.

The first case is slid under the clerk's desk. The second case Filip holds until the clerk indicates where it should be set, then promptly deposits it there.

"No doubt these will require thorough testing to ensure the safety of potential clients... What information and additional fees do you require of me begin the application process?"
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

The first case is slipped away out of sight with such speed and efficiency it was as if it was never there. She takes out a set of forms handing one to him.

"You'll need this for your application to sell intoxicating liquors."

She takes another form.

"This is for imports."

And finally a last form

"And this is for an application for a market stall. Now taxes and fees. There is a ten percent tax on all alcohol sales, a duty to be paid on imports based upon the quantity imported."

She hands him a chart indicating the quantities and amounts.

"Finally there is a five hundred gold annual rent on a market stall, and we will also be needing a seven hundred gold security deposit which will be returned to you providing the stall is in good condition upon the end of your lease."
*Orlitoq

Posted by *Orlitoq »

Reading over the papers and forms thoroughly, as only those fluent in Infernal can, Filip assesses all possible legal permutations of interpretation and only proceeds once he is certain that these forms cannot commit him to anything more than the pittance of a financial obligation the clerk did mention.

Looking up from the forms to fix the clerk with another pleasant smile, Filip asks her "Ma'am, might I have extra copies of these forms? I would like to have two complete sets of all the paperwork for my own records. I presume it would be easier if I filled them all out in triplicate now, rather than make you transcribe all the copies after the fact, eh?"

While waiting for the clerk's response Filip slowly counts out an ample stack of coins, and accidentally places fifteen hundred jink on the clerk's desk, even though he was asked for twelve hundred.
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

All of the coins are taken and Fillip is given the forms he asked for. The clerk sits back and seems a lot happier.

"Is there anything else I can help you with?"

As far as he can tell there are no hidden fees or obligations.
*Orlitoq

Posted by *Orlitoq »

Filip begins looking for the nearest clear, and unoccupied flat surface upon which he can fill out the forms "Just a quick question ere I go: How long should it take before I hear back about approval or denial of my permit applications?"
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

The woman looks back over at him reels off what sounds to be a practiced response to this question.

"Expect a response in ten to twelve working days."