The Fated Entrance Exams

*DigitalDragoon

Posted by *DigitalDragoon »

The quiet clack of a cane on the floor announced the presence of another fellow approaching the group from the public archives. "Rhistel~? Is that you I hear?" The tired looking but cheerful face of aging sensate factotum appears from around the corner and he comes to a halt in front of the group, leaning on a cane slightly. His clothes are of fine make and material but happen to be rather drab grey. A fuzzy scarf is wrapped around his neck.

"The nice young lady at the desk said you might be about this cy- Oh heavens. I hope I have not interrupted anything.." He glances over the Fated factor's companions curiously for a moment or two, shifting the weight of few books and papers carried in his free hand.
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

Cut in the middle of his sentence, he tilts his head noticing the older man appearing from behind the corner. His surprise is brief and he quickly ends up smiling at the "new-newcomer", taking few steps to go and greet him.

"Quinn. That is quite a long time, isn't it?" He stated rather jolly, patting a hand on the back of the man and then leaving it there and dragging him along as he turned to face the other two again. "You indeed caught me performing duties that do not involve paperworks, for once, shocker, isn't it?"

He then briefly gestured to Karsperus first and Elena after. "Me and Factotum Blake were showing the recruits around," he stated casually.
"This is Quinn, an old friend of mine. Just don't trust him too much, he's sensate competition, afterall..." he said then to the other two in a teasing tone, clearly aimed at the old wizard.
*DigitalDragoon

Quinn offers Rhistel a friendly smile, carrying on a bit in his usual manner. "Entirely too long, it feels like. Did you get the flowers I sent by last week?" He let himself be guided over, using his cane to steady himself in the process. "It is a bit unusual to see you out of the office. Needed a change of pace, perhaps?"

He dips his head in polite greeting to Karsperus and Elena in turn, with a soft chuckle given to the fated factor's teasing tone. "Now now..I can be perfectly reasonable, old friend. Either way, It is a pleasure to meet you both.."
*Bloodlines

Posted by *Bloodlines »

"Heh," Elena cracked a grin. "You're a devious sort. And, no, it don't scare me that much. Just new to me."

The two would have conversed quietly, Elena asking him a few questions about factional duties and trying to get a better feel of the place. When Karsperus approached, she'd nod to the factotum.

"Lot to keep track of," she said. "Not a stranger to keeping count of things myself. Served as a ship's quartermaster for a time and part of my duties there was keeping track of the crew's pay and dues. That required some documentation and cataloging, something that surprises people to hear. Doesn't seem much different here...except more papers and larger in scale."

When the Sensate approached, she would also offer Quinn a nod. Elena was nothing if not a little polite. Quinn's words made Elena chuckle.

"Never met people more hospitable than Sensates. Makes them quite dangerous when you think about it. And a pleasure to meet you. I'm Elena."
*Trigonometry

Posted by *Trigonometry »

Despite his clear training in the social norms of high society, Karsperus was actually not much of a social butterfly. He didn't appear particularly thrilled that whatever he was after had been interrupted. Clearly there was an angle to his approach, but in the Hall of Records everyone had interests they were pursuing. His gaze turned to the Sensate upon his approach, and out of habit, took his poised stance. A habit that was hard to break, even now that he was no longer a Baron. He would be silent until Rhistel's introduction of Quinn. "I'm more interested in what he's here -for-." It was said in casual disinterest, and partly in jest, but this was also another bad habit. Karsperus liked knowing what everyone around him was up to. It was the opportunist in him speaking, something that wasn't shunned among the Heartless.

Despite his attempt at digging up dark, almost without hesitation or shame, the Arcanist offered a polite bow with all the practiced grace of a nobleman. "Karsperus Blake. Former Baron of Tarsis. A pleasure, I'm sure." It was in times like these that Karsperus' blue blood training showed the most. The man traded pleasantries and tried to extract information from others within the same breath, and almost shamelessly. A personality that was forged through fire by the intrigues of court.
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

Karsperus reaction didn't bother Rhistel, not even a bit: someone might even think he was actually expecting it, and therefore he was not disappointed at all. Did he just throw someone he called friend to the lions for no reason other than amusement, or to test someone else's reaction? Maybe it was just speculation.
Still, in the end, he assumed a much more composed expression and posture, as to finally make clear he was done messing around, and spoke in a quiet tone, much closer to the one he had always been used to.
"I think I might be the reason of his visit," he explained, "I'm afraid I've made myself rather... difficult to reach in the past months, I imagine the offices here at the Hall have become the last resort for anyone in need to contact me, when I don't answer my personal correspondence for too long..."
He then turned to the old wizard, who was finally freed from the half-elf arm. "Unless I'm mistaken and you are here for a completely different reason, of course."
*DigitalDragoon

The greying mage gives Elena a soft smile, seeming somewhat amused by her observation. "That is certainly an interesting way of looking at it miss." Kapernius' inquery quickly draws his attention.

He studies the man silently for a few moments, taking in his general tone and composure with the slighted of frowns. At Rhistel's comment, his expression warms once more and he nods. "Your dear factor Aiden has the right of it. Just a social visit I fear.."

He shifts his paperwork to his cane arm and fetches something from the satchel at his side. With a flourish he gives a small suspiciously lavishly decorated box to his friend. "These were absolutely adorable and I thought you might enjoy a few." He gives Rhistel something of a mischievous look.

"Ah..but you have important business to get back to, yes? I'll not take up any more of your time today." He offers a polite bow to the group before turning to shuffle off. "Good day Rhistel. Good day Miss Elena and Ser Karsperus. Do have a lovely cycle."
*Bloodlines

Posted by *Bloodlines »

"Pretty used to that," Elena said. "People from where I'm from don't like giving up money when it is their fair due, though they will if it means a broken leg."

She paused for a moment, then added, "But I wouldn't do that."
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

Rhistel's reaction at Quinn's present was amusing just as usual, and not because of the the colourful box itself: the young man clearly still didn't wrap his head around the fact that people, at times, felt the need to offer items to others just to celebrate their existence. Of course, he also had to compromise with that, having been repeatedly taught that refusing is usual bad manner, so he really didn't feel like having a clear way out from that kind of situations.
He stared at the small envelope in his hand with a puzzled expression for five good seconds before raising again his gaze on the Sensate and offering him a defeated, yet slightly amused smile.

"I hope they are candies," he stated casually, then added in a more professional tone "Also, before I forget. Your house license was about to expire later this month, so I pushed the procedure to have it renewed. You might want to take care of it since you're here, feel free to drop by the Property Department."
*DigitalDragoon

As was usual on these sorts of visits he seems rather amused by his friends perplexed response. His attempt to withdraw was cut short at the mention of the house license, however. He turns back to look at Rhistel with a grateful expression. "Thank you kindly then for doing that..and for reminding me. I will head over and take care of it right away." With that he shifts his paperwork back to his empty hand and hurries off to the property department to sort matters out.