A Mess That Needs To Be Settled

*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

A request for an audience with the Factol is submitted to his secretaries by Rhistel Aidan during the last week of Sacrilegion.
The note itself is extremely formal, almost overly so, and just as vague when it comes to explain the reasons behind the meeting request, only mentioning the need of discussing "various problems of different nature"... Whatever that could mean.

He does not seem to specify urgency, still, should the note not receive a reply in three cycles, another identical one is submitted the fourth day.
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

A formal letter returns to Rhistel, with a date and time for the requested appointment.

//Would Sunday work for you in game?
*MimiFearthegn

//I have time in the later half of the week. When would work for you?
*MimiFearthegn

((Friday works! Would 2pm CST (GMT-6) be a good time?
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

Several months later, Rhistel submits another request for an audience with Factol Rowan.
Formalities in the letter are cut to the bone this time, in favour of the Factor distinctive matter-of-fact attitude: he has updates on an issue the Factol is already aware of, and he is in need to discuss the matter with him whenever he has time to.

*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

Although not being bound to wait for someone else's availability anymore, Rhistel decided he was going to take his time to fulfil the task he almost self-assigned to himself.
True that, being it self assigned, there was no deadline of sort (of course the Duke could still disagree on that), but rather than because of general slacking, he needed the time he took to make sure the document he was going to present at his next meeting with the Factol needed the less corrections possible. Or better, none at all.

As he finally decided that the material he had gathered was good enough, he proceeded to contact the Factol's office to schedule a new meeting.
He still believed they were nowhere close to the end of this story, but maybe, if he allowed himself a small amount of optimism, he could say they were going in the right direction.
Too bad his optimism was pretty much that of a Bleaker.

((for Mimi: whenever you are available to be harrassed, just let me know))
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

Sent to the Factol's offices
wrote:
Factol,
I wished to inform you the negotiation might be closing to an end, we should be expecting a final reply soon. Do let me know whenever you will be free to be updated on our current stance on the matter.

Factor Aidan