Lady's Ward Fountain Renovations

*Summer Wind

Posted by *Summer Wind »

A special courier arrived at the Hall of Records carrying two parcels. The contents were identical, one addressed to the Factors of The Fated and the second addressed to Karsperus Blake. Within each was applications in triplicate, exhaustively completed, for the permits required to renovate the pool located just outside the Golden Bariaur tavern and inn, located in the Lady's Ward. The applicant was one Fraternity of Order Aid Saadi al-Rayf, with return address included. In addition to the applications, there was a forwarding document submitted for all applicable fees and taxes care of Factor Tyvold of the Bleak Cabal.

Finally, Karsperus Blake's copy contained the following message, penned in a fine hand.
wrote:Lord Blake,

The parcel in your posession has also been submitted to your superiors for expediency, however I wanted to personally alert you. If it is at all within your power to endorse and push these permits through, you will find it to be to your advantage in the near future. I cannot explain specifics here, but I believe that we're overdue for a liaison. Please see to my requests here, and I look forward to meeting with you soon.

-S
*Trigonometry

Posted by *Trigonometry »

The life of a Namer was a hard one.

Even if one wanted to avoid the grunt work of running taxation, it was still upon them that fell the most thankless and unsatisfying job of them all. Archiving. An endless cycle of bureaucracy that would almost make a Guvner blush. Karsperus was naturally more inclined towards this sort of work whenever he was fulfilling his faction duties. He found strongarming people in the streets for coppers gauche.

It was as he took a break in the entry hall of the Hall of Records that he was surprised to find a parcel waiting for him in the front desk. Unoppened, too. Perhaps he had at least earned that much from his Entrope hunt. One step at a time. The former Baron sighed as he started to go through its contents with a slight lift of the brow.

Saadi's request was not entirely off-base, but it put Karsperus in a difficult position. He was a Namer still, and the request that had been made of his Factors appeared to be taken care of in its entirety. What this meant, was that any hiccup in the process would be political in nature, and unfortunately Kars still lacked the pawns he could use in the Great Game. They would have to meet if she wanted more of him, for the time being the only role Karsperus could play was a reactive one.

Instead, a letter would find its way back to its recipient. As if spirited away, it would find itself one day in a pocket, on a table or stool, somewhere that would attract the attention of the one it was directed to. A succint letter which clearly mirrored his previous thoughts.
wrote: Saadi,

From my observation there appears to be nothing inherently wrong with the request you have made of the Fated Factors. It is my belief that it is unlikely that your request will be denied for anything other than political factors. I lack the political clout to be currently able to push your request through, and only the ability to intervene and negotiate with the parties involved if it is declined.

I believe that we should meet regardless, so you can inform me further on this matter. I am sure that you know as well as I do how powerful the well applied use of information can be when trying to push one's agenda. It may open avenues I believe otherwise to be closed to me in this matter.

K.B.
*DM_Slimy_Doom

Posted by *DM_Slimy_Doom »

"Letter for you, Factor." One of the Namers in the Insane Asylum wing approached Factor Tyvold who was currently overseeing a stack of admission and release forms.

"My gratitude, Namer Sedvii." The gray elf nodded, taking it and spending several moments reading through it. Taking a quill, he dipped it in the nearby inkwell, writing out a response.
wrote: The Bleak Cabal hereby does agree to put forth an amount of charitable donations up to the sum of ten thousand jinx in order to see the Naiad Kasha relocated to a more fitting location as does suit her disposition. This is to be used for relocation only. Any renovations, remodeling, new constructions, or other fees not incurred in the normal relocation of her binding is not covered under this donation.

Factor Tyvold, of Arborea.
Tyvold rests his quill in the inkwell, handing the missive to Sedvii. "Here you are. Please have a second copy of this made. One should be sent to the Fated, and one to... Sayiid at the Three Dragons, please."

With a nod, the namer scurried off to see the missives out with the routine post and parcels.
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

In due time (and bribes, taxes, and fees, presumably extorted from the Bleakers), Saadi received her permits for renovation of the pool outside of the Golden Bariaur.

The Fated were kind enough to include a packet of information (marked "for your convenience") about further fees which might be incurred in the process, as well as the regulations and taxes associated with public development. Naturally all of this was already on file at the City Courts.