Return To The Hall Of Archives

*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

The gnome shrieks and struggles, trying to pull back, trying to get away and as the sign is invoked he gets limp in the dark elf's grip.

Jerking violently, his eyes twisted upwards until only the white can be seen he almost seems to vomit- but instead some worlike, multilimped... thing forces its way out of the gnome's mouth, the insectlike horror falling to the ground, trying to scuttle away.

*Tomekk

Posted by *Tomekk »

Having learnt what the indescribable horror really was, Ra didn't make the mistake of squashing it again, no matter how much common sense yelled at him inside his mind. Instead, he let go off the old gnome (after lowering him a bit of course) and made sure he caught the strange bugger, even if it meant he had to fling himself at it, like a cat onto a mouse.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

The gnome falling down not too gently but he quickly comes to his senses, crawling away from this creature.

Pouncing on it Ra'zeth suceeds to capture it, the being squirming and shrieking in his grip- shreaks that cannot be heard with ears and only with the mind alone.
*Rainbow Prism

Posted by *Rainbow Prism »

Sometime later...

It was almost midnight. For the third time Sillxhistraja tried to persuade herself that this invitation of Ra'zeth was not a prank. It would be very embarrassing if it was a prank. She was new and did not memorize all of the regulations to know for sure.

Still, this was too complicated story for a simple ruse. She had to believe and see this through.

For now, this namer decided to wait in the Halls of Record at the discussed place of meeting...
*Tomekk

Posted by *Tomekk »

Ra was not joking, for he showed up just a few minutes late outside the Archives.

"It's good that you're here. Come, we have much work to do." He adressed Sill in fluent drow, and led her into the imposing building.

Inside, they made their way to Factotum Goldscales' office yet again, where the drow quietly knocked on the door, not wanting to wake the old kobold up if they were asleep.
*Rainbow Prism

Posted by *Rainbow Prism »

Following her superior, Sill crooked a grin. She spoke quietly, in near whispered low voice, which is far more efficient in conversing with less chances of being overheard.

"How do I know you don't have bug in your head?"

Awaiting answer when they stopped near door to someone's cabinet, female slipped her hand to the belt, ready to use her mace in case of unsatisfying answer.
*Tomekk

Posted by *Tomekk »

Ra'zeth laughed at the question, then pointed at the Cerulean Sign amulet he was wearing, and blasted himself with the wand for good measure.

"Also, if I were infested, I could break you and your cudgel in half before you even lifted your arm... I'd suggest you refrain from doing that again."
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

The Kobold opens the door after a minute and after giving both of them a long look he invites them inside.

"Any progress?", he asks bluntly, his desk full of papers, behind it a small bed, an only half eaten meal- now cold- on a plate nearby.

The creature is tired, only its will keeping it going and it sems to be just a matter of time until its old frail body will burn out.
*Tomekk

Posted by *Tomekk »

The drow bows politely before entering, and quickly gets to the point.

"Zhe invading creatures can easily be startled and revealed with zhe Cerulean Sign as you may have heard.... I bought five more wands with me, as zhat's all I could afford, and I'd appreciate if you'd tell me who to hand zhem out to; people you trust and know zhat zhey will do what needs to be daun. I'll leave one with you, of course.

Once startled, our enemy exists zhe host body as a disgusting insect which will attempt to flee rapidly... care should be taken, for zhese beings can still penetrate zhe mind. Capturing zhem would be optimal, for we can send zhem off to a research group at zhe Godsmen, but killing zhem also does the job just fine."

He finishes, waiting patiently for the tired kobold to reply.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

"I will see that wands are put to good use."

He sits down, writes a short list of names he gives to the drow. Looking at both Ra'zeth and Sill he then speaks again.

"Our Factol will return to Sigil soon. It is important that out base here is safe then. We cannot allow this creatures to possess or control him.

As for those... creatures: Tell everybody that they should be taken alive if possible. We need to know more and if the godsmen are researching already we shall support them."

After a short pause he goes on:

"I want you two also give me a rough estimation about how many taxes will have to be collected because of this wand selling business. Do not tax them now during the crises but still gather all necessary information to collect the money as soon this crisis has passed."