Report: Counterfetting and Smuggling in the Market

ShadowFox13

Posted by ShadowFox13 »

Namer Helena, from the licensing department, fills out the appropriate forms to send a Memo to the upper echelons of the Faction, informing them of a suspected counterfeiter and animal smuggler operating within Sigil. Included in the report is a description of a man, dressed in grey, with a rag wrapped around his head, and an extremely detailed portrait ((of Khwam)) of the perpetrator, but no name. The report goes on to detail that numerous witnesses, including Adorabella of the Free League and others, personally encountered this man trying to pass off false coinage as true jink as well as trade in animals he did not have the proper permits to be selling whilst in the Bazaar, between anti-peak and peak on the 1st Low of Regula, 137Ha. There was also evidence to suggest that the animals were also being harmed by the smugglers operations, including poisoning and neglect.

In a section of the form devoted to additional comments, a tight, slanted scrawl reads:

No reports been filed with the Harmonium yet, but that could change. Please advise if any further action or information is needed from me.
Serena

Posted by Serena »

Helena would get a reply, later that cycle, in a form of a note attached to a copy of her report
Namer Haren,
please do feel free to apply the needed fines to whoever is found lacking the needed permits for the business they are conducting. Should they not comply, escalating the situation with the authorities is a valid option, unless you feel like you could take care of the problem otherwise. Of course, you are encouraged to maintain yourself within the laws boundaries at any time, as well as put your safety first in any situation.

As for the matter regarding the false coinage, it is indeed a slightly concerning issue, and I'd be inclined to suggest to whoever witnessed such happening to make it known to the authorities. However, our friends of the Free League also have a tight supporting net when it comes to such sort of scammers, so I'm sure they'll be already spreading this man's portrait among the merchants to make sure everyone will be wary of them, from now on.

Take what is yours,
Factor R. Aidan
"Hand me my shovel, I'm going in!"

Plays: Aidan Rhistel - Factor and Law Representative of the Fated
Feel free to reach to me IC for enlisting or general faction rp
ShadowFox13

Posted by ShadowFox13 »

Helena, finding the report returned to her desk, reads the brief note thoughtfully, smirking faintly at the first paragraph's contents.

"Guess you're getting dropped by the Lobsters, if I remember." She muttered as she moved it to a "pending" basket on her desk.

Later that cycle, she passed the report off to Starlight, sans note, to forward to the Harmonium.