Guvners

*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

OOC: What's this? Well this is a board in City Courts, where Guvner members can handle their informing.

- Only those with Guvner membership can see this In Character.
- Those whom are not Guvner members will have to learn everything told here in game, in character or in story of some form.

Guvner Board
“Everything has laws; most are dark. Learn the laws of the multiverse and you can rule it.”

Trials:

These are the days for Guvners to handle trials, take a look at cases for legal aid, handle restraint orders and other legal matters. Guvners acts as the judges at all times in these matters. Below there is some useful information to get idea of the trial procedures:
Judge:
Defendant/Accused:
Witness(es):
Evidences:

Prosecution:
Witness(es):
Evidences:

Jury: None
Charges:

City Courtroom Information
  • No armors within the Courtroom. (everyone will be inspected on entrance, one should wear casual clothing [appearance changed fullplates are fullplates])
  • No chivs within the Courtroom. (everyone will be inspected on entrance)
  • Accused is going to be having hands and legs shackled during the court.
  • Spells may only be cast by neutral Judge approved spellslingers.
  • Only witnesses and evidences registered before the trial begins will be taken oon count.
  • Witnesses during the trial are kept in separate rooms outside the courtroom, they can't hear the others or converse with others during it is going. (so hopefully they were bribed before the trials!)
  • This is open trial, cutters and bashers are allowed to come watch.
  • Order will be kept by neutral Court decided guards.
  • Judge will make the trial go on and stop derailing.
  • Hear-say or unreliable evidences can be used, but will not affect much to decision of Judge.
City Court Proceedings
  1. Everyone are taken to their places.
  2. Judge comes in, everyone rises.
  3. Charges are read, judge will open the trials officially with slam of his hammer.
  4. Opening speeches: First goes defendant that can make opening speech to introduce himself- the point of view of this case, after this the prosecution does the same (introduce the victim and then talk of the case), prosecution as right to do this later on also right before they call their witnesses.
  5. Prosecutions Witnesses: Now are called Prosecutions witnesses one by one, the Prosecution will question them first, after which defendant questions them. Evidences may be brought in middle of the witness questionings.
  6. Defendants Witnesses: First are called Defendants witnesses one by one, the Defendant will question them first after which prosecution questions them. Evidences may be brought in middle of the witness questionings.
  7. Judges decision: Based on the trials on going the Judge will make his decision.

Additional Information:READ ME!!!
Link One: The Factol's Manifesto; The Guvners
Link Two
*Spiegel1

Posted by *Spiegel1 »

Aras Rorath sits down at her desk in the Courthouse, quill in hand and ink pot nearby, she places the feather to the parchment writing down a summary of events.

"The prisoner, Raifael Degare, was arrested by the Harmonium. I wished to transfer him to the Mercykillers, the transfer was to be approved by Azrinoth Deschain. I stepped outside the Harmonium Barracks, to find Azrinoth, a moment later an alarm sounded and the doors started closing. A crowd formed around the gates and several managed to slip inside while the door was open to let others in, there were also two inside during the initial arrest."

"The names are as following: Raelin, Kithra, Camthalion, and Hildmor. One of the people allowed in was a Harmonium by the name of Sophie Gate. Kithra might not have been listening in on the conversation, questioning her about it would be a good idea. Raelin slipped inside as well as two others I could point out if seen. I believe Raifael Degare managed to get out during the confusion and breach of the perimeter."

Aide,
Aras Rorath.

*Spiegel1

Posted by *Spiegel1 »

Aras once again sits down, quill in hand and inkpot next to her, this time though she is in her room. She places the quill to parchment scratching a letter out.

"I wish to appeal for a warrant on Ceszar under suspicion of murder, to be shackled and bound, he is to be questioned about the deaths of multiple people."

Aide,
Aras Rorath.

She seals the letter in an envelope and submits it to the Courthouse the following day.
*Reptiller

Posted by *Reptiller »

Hildmor d'Kridis took another glance at his new license, then smirked and left a parchment, registering a sensory stone as an evidence for Amaku's and Raziel's case. He also asked if its possible for a Diviner to perform a short ritual during the trial, under watch of a Fraternity mage, so it can be used as a legitimate evidence.
*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

Reported by: Aide Unxontia

Case: Rilver + Lalette v. Harmonium

Received Statements:

Witness: Mir Fnar
wrote:Tomas Rilver was pestering officer Chari, almost standing right in front of her. Chari told him to move along, but the man stood there without moving, and started asking frankly speaking barmy questions, "aw, c'mon what's wrong? It wasn't your bed I left the snakes before I leeft was it?", and so forth. Chari withstood the man for a long time, attempting to peacefully get the man move out from hindering her in the bazaar guarding duty. But as the man stubbornly refused to leave her to perform her duty in peace, she finally decided to warn him with arrest. As it goes, the man still remained stubborn.

An elf lass, Lalette came at that point next to Chari also, having earlier stood further at distance. Chari gave them a final warning to leave, but as they turned around, a water elemental or something other watery seemed to materialize above Chari's helmet and plop down on her. Chari prompty arrested both Lalette and Tomas at that point. I don't believe the appearance of the elemental was in any way coincidental, for Lalette has a magical tattoo (made by a xaosite succubus) representing ocean waves.
Presiding Officer: Notary Chari
wrote:While on duty in the Bazaar, i was approached by Tomas and Lalette. Knowing Tomas, i told him to move along unless he had anything of note to report. He in fact did not. I told him countless times to move along, but he brushed aside my statements and ignored them.

I told him to move along again, then repeated my request several times. Each time he ignored my request and started badgering me as well as interfering with my duties.

I told him that i would arrest him if he continued being a bother. I gave several more warnings, and as i approached him to shackle him Lalette intervened and pulled him away. I would have left the matter settled until one of them, I suspect Lalette as she has a tattoo that allows her to summon water elementals, summoned an elemental above my head where it dropped, drenching me in my armor.

I arrested Tomas at that point for badgering a officer on duty as well as interference of a officer on duty. I tried to arrest Lalette as well for i suspected she was the source of the summons but she resisted arrest and refused to comply.

Tomas was process in the Mercykiller prison and i placed an arrest warrant out for Lalette, who turned herself in later.

**Paper work is signed Notary Chari**
Accused #1: Tomas Rilver
wrote:She would be informed that he has been away from the city for an extended length of time, and before departing, he'd been what he considered 'friends' with Chari. Upon returning and seeing her so changed, he'd become concerned. This is what brought on the 'badgering', simply trying to figure out what was wrong with her, as she seemed so different. He wouldn't forget to add that he and Lalette had been leaving her when the arrest took place.
If asked about the 'falling water elemental', he would offer a sheepish grin and a shrug, with a simple answer; "Thought it would cool her down..."
Accused #2: Lalette
wrote:"I still know not of what all occurred. Tomas was speaking to Chari, who, for some reason held a deep grudge against him. He means well, but was confused over why she acted so cold.

In time Chari threatened him with imprisonment, acting much like a child. I helped him comply with her wishes and we went to leave, she became wet and her rage escalated. With little warning she cuffed Tomas, taking away his staff and attempted to do the same to me without warning or explanation. I would not allow myself to be suddenly assaulted in such a way, but complied and walked with her to the prison and turned myself in after she departed.

This caused her scream and shout further, for what reason I do not know. It is obvious she held something against Tomas and that colored this outcome.

After this has been settled, I request an audience with a Harmonium officer to speak of a prior assault that occurred."

Recommendation: In my own observation of the event, it was clear that had these two miscreants harangued any other officer of the Harmonium, they likely would have ended up with broken teeth in addition to cuffs around their wrists. The accused were told repeatedly not to interfere with a Harmonium officer on duty, yet refused to comply the first five or six times they were warned of the consequences, and Accused #1 event admits to summoning the elemental, which aside from the fact that Her Serenity doesn't appreciate summoning much, would clearly count as harassment if not assault. In short, my humble recommendation is a finding of guilt and whatever minor punishment the Mercykillers have set up for this sort of infringement.

This complete report is signed and verified by:
Aide Unxontia
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

One of the Guvner administrator looks through the document and writes a reply...
wrote:Get a full statement from everyone part of it written and sent to my desk and I will see if this is trial worthy.

- Valnik the Tortoise

*draken57

Posted by *draken57 »

Tierdara writes a note stating that she has issued a writ after collecting six days worth of fines from one Timothy for public nudity. And that Measure One Kordovia collected one days worth of fines the amount was one hundred jink sum. Timothy is a proven memeber of the Taker faction. And is using his position to circumvent the thousand per day jink fine. That was agreed upon by are two factions. And that it should be brought up for review.
*draken57

Posted by *draken57 »

A report to Factol Haskar from Advocate Tieradara Administrative level 4

It has come too my attention. That Administrator Serina is unhappy with my performance in the apprehension of cell leader Ivy of a Anarchist Faction Cell. It was my quick assessments and judgment. That allowed us to capture her. I am sure she is going to argue that i had no legal right for my actions. I also admit. That the group i was with while off duty was Vorgazar and the Iron Tusk tribe members. They were charged by the harmonium with her capture. I assisted with in my powers and abilities.

While are dear Administrator level One Serina was quibbling over jink fallen from a dead insect of mammoth proportions that only the Iron Tusk tribe could do was keep back while i slew it with my bow. I sneaked in and over heard the the Anarchist speaking about there involvement with the Shaper. After reviewing the Ashen case. I became aware of Him/Her. So it seems that the Shaper has returned and employed Anarchist cells to search for a object called the Light in the Darkness. That last bit of information was obtain during a questioning by the Harmonium Factol.

Most of my actions were conducted in the under regions of Sigil. In the aiding of the Iron tusk tribe given authority by the Harmonium. There by them allowing me to join them. I became by the law empowered to aid and assist them as my judgment best suited. If i was at fault i understand that discipline well be required.

But my actions did flush out the true leader of the cell. And while the way was fraught with traps. The selective termination of the Anarchist leaders of groups imperiling are way was a sound tactical solution. As none of these were the true brains behind the cell. Just obstacles in are path. Serina wished to debate with the group of Anarchist in the Hive ward that were controlling Golems. I clearly heard this leader say that they had to stop and kill us. At that time i shot her dead.

The second leader was talking to a image but the group did not seem too think she was Ivy even though they called her such. I eliminated another threat to the missions success. Finally Ivy showed her self and used a trap on us. My self and one of the gnoll Iron Tusk tribe resisted it. I disabled ivy and helped to effect her capture.

I state before that all my actions were methodical well thought out lawful and logical plans. To conclude the mission. I do not malign the Administrator class one of her actions. And her manner with me was most disrespectful. And her actions only seemed to want too hinder the mission. I hope that all can be resolved according too the law.

Sincerely Tieradara Tir'ein Administrator level 4
*DaShi

Posted by *DaShi »

Serina sits at her desk to ponder the day's events. Grabbing a quill, she prepares her report to Factol Hashkar

Report on the Recent Capture of an Anarchist Linked to the Shaper

As you've probably read in today's SIGIS, an anarchist linked to the Shaper was arrested and delivered to the Harmonium. I was present in the group that engaged this arrest.

Factol Serin came to the bazaar to request help for searching for a suspect in Undersigil. As per our arrangement with the Irontusks, the Harmonium would be unable to conduct the search on their own. A special note here: Factol Serin was not informed of our arrangement regarding extradition with the Irontusks. I assured him that he would be further briefed on the situation. Also, I informed him that the arrangement would be a benefit to the Harmonium in the larger picture. He seemed to accept it and merely wanted to be better informed in the future.

Vorgazar was willing to let a small band of adventures go down to search under his auspice. I had spoken with Vorgazar earlier. He demonstrated that, while he trusts Plargh, he does not trust the Fraternity of Order. I did my best to smooth over our relations and maintain adherence to the treaty. The request by Factol Serin provided an opportunity to both improve our relations with Irontusks and observe how this new treaty would work directly. Thus, I joined Vorgazar as he led a crew consisting of an Ogre named Waargh, a knoll, a half-elf (appears to be Xaosect), myself, and Advocate Tieradara Tir'ein. It was important for our goals that Vorgazar be the leader of this group at that time.

Seeing how Vorgazar would handle this matter would give us an idea about feasible actions regarding law enforcement could be conducted in the future. We encountered a few Anarchists on the way. While we could have captured them for questioning, a reckless action by our Advocate caused the death of their leader and subsequently the rest. I was able to salvage the situation through a bit of careful deception with the Anarchists listening from Undersigil. This allowed us to proceed further and discover their base of operations.

Due to an injury, I remained in the role of observer and consul to Vorgazar, demonstrating further how we are able to assist him. I am pleased to report that Vorgazar placed special trust with me during this mission.

We encountered the Anarchists again in their base. Again, due to a reckless action by our Advocate, the Anarchists were slaughtered. Fortunately, the suspect we were searching for was not among them. Unfortunately, she was not there because it was a trap. Our Advocate was able to avoid the trap and, with my assistance, disarm the suspect.

We had hoped to question the suspect after her capture, but Vorgazar was too concerned that she would be able to escape during the attempt. Unfortunately, my abilities to prevent that failed. Concern for our relations and admission that the Orc had a good point, I agreed that we should deliver her directly to the Harmonium.

Upon arriving at the Harmonium barracks, we met with Factol Serin. Our Advocate indicated that the suspect had made mention of the Shaper earlier. Therefore, I requested that Factol Serin deliver unto us any information he reveals during her interrogation and informed him of our intention to assist as much as possible in this matter. He expressed agreement and satisfaction.

Thus, this task had 3 goals relating to our duties:

1. Improve relations with the Irontusks

2. Improve relations with the Harmonium

3. Demonstrate the applicability of our treaty to both the Irontusks and the Harmonium

I am pleased to say that all three goals have been accomplished. Although not as well as I would have liked. See the final note for clarification.

A final note on Advocate Tir'ein:

Advocate Tir'ein has displayed several characteristics unbecoming of a Guvner and threatened the success of the above goals at several occasions. Her actions were reckless and poorly planned. It was key that Vorgazar be in charge of this mission to prevent him further distrusting us. However, the Advocate's actions were conducted without his or even my consent. This lack of respect for authority was disconcerning. In two instances, her failure to control herself led to the death of potential prisoners. She had also scouted out ahead without consent further putting us in danger from traps. Her actions were more along the lines of a Harmonium officer on the hunt for arrest than a Guvner. Although Factol Serin had charged us with the seizure of the Anarchist suspect, she must not forget that we are Guvners first. The party contained enough fodder to throw at the criminals to allow us our proper involvement.

What is worse is that her actions demonstrated exactly what I had been working to convince Vorgazar against: that we take control of everything and act on our own. As true as this may be, it is important that Vorgazar trusts us. If a few of the monsterous races were to perish because of Vorgazar's decisions, no matter. As long as we did our best to assist without being disrespectful. I cannot stress this enough, the key to Vorgazar is respect. If we respect him, he will respect our laws, and we will be able to play the role in Undersigil that you desire.

Initally, I was going to suggest that Advocate Tir'ein be removed from the Fraternity of Order. Her views of law and justice are more suitable to the Harmonium or Mercykillers. However, some of her actions were beneficial to us: she was able to help disarm the suspect and she obtained information about the connection to the Shaper. Thus, my recommendation is a demotion to A5 for the time being. It must be made clear to her that we are an organization of processes. The results are important, but the processes by which those results are attained just as, if not more, important. Without those processes, we are no different than the Anarchists themselves. Advocate Plargh understands this well. It is my further suggestion that Advocate Tir'ein be placed under the guidance of Plargh until she has a better understanding of how our organization operates.

Signed,

Serina Aerlin, Administrator Rank One

(OCC- I don't like having one character infringe on the RP of another. So if Serina's suggestion is considered by the Factol, then there should be consent by draken)
*draken57

Posted by *draken57 »

(( OOC note. When characters meet there different motives collide and cause friction, that's the way it is in life. If the factol decides to punish me then i have to accept the consequences of my actions if the factol punishes Serina instead then Serina would have to accept the consequences of her actions. As i am a mature role player i understand this and play my character as the DM decisions do affect my RP. If you just want me to but out of anything to do with under sigil and what Serina is doing just Say so i can find some where else to amuse my self. ))