Advancing Tests To A10

*Zasziel

Posted by *Zasziel »

It’d been a while now that Rek’an’d’Lor joined the Fraternity of Order. Though he perceived Rules as “demiplanes” (the apparent phrase here for “I don’t care”), he started his Aide path studying them for hours and days until he suffered a “Modron headache” (a phrase he felt he should not use too loud).

“I am counting the layers in the Abyss” he thought. At least, he got used to some parts of the natives’ speech, though he was not always sure to use terms adequately. Sigil cant was not something to be used in the City Court, but it could probably prove to be useful at some point when dealing with Cagers.

Most of his tasks as an Aide were not exciting at all, like classifying files and books. Some of them, nonetheless, sustained his motivation. Like retrieving and compiling information from various sources on Enchantments.

“This gives me an idea! I remember this Sensate talking about this strange machine… What if…… yes, that would definitely be interesting to investigate… And combining this with what I am able to do, I am pretty sure they could allow me to work on this.”

The lore he read and the things he heard in the Cage nourished his mind with many ideas of interesting research to carry out. He truly desired to help his Faction further. But still, he was just an Aide. There were not many things to do. If he wanted to go further, he had to advance his rank rapidly. When the day had come, Rek came up to the tests to become an Administrator.
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

As a very bored looking fellow took RekÂ’anÂ’dÂ’Lor application for the tests, the question came up: "What exactly would you research as an administrator which you cannot do as an aide?"
*Zasziel

Posted by *Zasziel »

(( OOC )) wrote: My apologies for that looooong silence... :blink:
I did not really know how to answer this post appropriatelyÂ… Maybe this would suit well?
* The gith calmly addresses the question. Obviously, the man is not versed in Diplomacy, what may be taken as rude by people not used to the gith people: *

"I did not join that Faction to perform duties, even if they made me learn a lot. Know that I am here to conduct Research. Know that I have plans. To set up a Group of Research and bring a significant help in advancing our Faction Knowledge. Know that I've got ideas I want to test, and a methodology in mind for this. Now, what I need are means to achieve this goal. A small team of Aides to assist me in this Research. And I could not lead this project -that is close to my heart- as an Aide."
(( OOC )) wrote: I donÂ’t know if further details are required here (in case the other man may just ask for them). I thought perhaps those would be more appropriate in another post, where Rek makes a more detailed application, for setting up the project and required means :)
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

"Yes, but what are you intending to research?" inquired the fellow. "Surely you have a topic?"
*Zasziel

Posted by *Zasziel »

"You surely have noticed similarities between some psionic abilities and spells.
Starting from that observation, I want to set up experiments to help building a
Unified Theory about Magic & Psionics"