To: Garen Seph

*Summer Wind

Posted by *Summer Wind »

[align=center][/align]

A letter arrived first thing in the morning, sealed with purple wax and an elegant seal, at the offices of Fraternity officer Garen Seph. The contents were the usual petitions and applications for an Aid to be assigned to a higher Fraternity officer, and a letter penned in a fine and elegant hand. Naturally the forms themselves were provided in triplicate, meticulously filled out, save for the appropriate areas left blank for Garen, should he elect to accept the request therein.
wrote:Garen Seph B3.,

Salutations to you. I am Saadi al-Rayf, relatively new arrival to Sigil and even more recently named Aid of the Fraternity of Order. After thorough investigation into Fraternity officers and careful consideration, I have determined to apply to become your aid. I acknowledge that typically a resumé joins such an application and you'll not find one in this parcel, for it is my hope that you and I agree in that a lone document cannot properly represent a person. They can be misleading, outright false, and they say nothing of the person's quality. To that end, and with your permission, I would like to arrange an interview, where you can determine for yourself if I would be a good fit for your needs. Please reply via the return address below. I look forward to your correspondence.

Highest Regards,
Saadi al-Rayf, Aid
Another, identical parcel arrived at Garen's office at lunch. Then again, a third was laid upon his desk in the last moments before the Fraternity work day came to a close.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

It was several days before his mail was picked up. These days he only comes in about once a week to sign papers or pick up his mail. Noting the messages left for him, he sits and pens a quick note to be returned.
wrote:Aide Saadi al-Rayf

I admire your self-motivation in contacting me and requesting what would be, undoubtedly, a busy and immersive job. Unfortunately, at this time, I am in the midst of a leave of absence so I may concentrate on some research I need to complete. The project takes the bulk of my time and I am not able to spend enough time in the courts to make the effort worthwhile. Therefore I am not looking to take on another assistant to my position. However; I encourage you to sign up within the Bureau of the Courts as an Administrator in order to gain the necessary skills you would require should the position come up in the near future. When I return, we can revisit this request.

B3 Seph
((Apologies for the late reply. Have been battling the flu and it made me more anti-social than usual :) ))