A Days Work

*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

*Aide Grail walks into the City Court building, dressed in some rather comfortable attire as she first moves to the Aide at the desk*

"Vendui, Administrator Grail has asked me to put my name down on the rostar he's been working on, do you have it handy?"

*The Aide nods but seems unwilling to speak to the drowess as she hands her the parchment and Deltana pulls a quill from her bag, scribbling her information down upon it as instructed before she nods and moves off up the stairs toward the offices. She enters the first doorway she comes to and finding a rather large stack of documents on the desk with a label that indicates they still need to be filed she takes them up and stops one of the Administrators in the hall way outside.*

"Excuse me, but can you tell me where these need to go?" *The female nods to her and smiles just a little, whether in amusement or in friendship Deltana can't tell nor does she seem concerned enough to find out as the Administrator leads her down the corridor into a well lit room, the walls lined with books and papers.* In here. *The Administrator says to her before turning and walking out leaving the drowess alone to find her way through the enormous room.*

*Slowly but surely she begins to figure out where each item goes. Civil, criminal, and so on all having their own place and filing system. As she finishes with the first stack she leaves the room and checks the next office, finding a pile of papers that seems larger than the last and with that same label "To Be Filed". She rolls up her sleeves, takes up the documents and walks back down the hallway once again, muttering to herself.* This is going to be a rather long day.
*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

*She walks into the City Court with a cup of coffee in hand and looks around for a moment. Nodding to the Aide at the front desk she then moves off into the building a bit further, exploring and trying to find her way around. The most she seems to hope for today is that she can find her way back to the front desk. Which she eventually does.

Remembering from her walk where books and desks can be found she heads off in search of such a place, and since the Aide at the front desk doesn't warn her off of it she walks into the first office off of the entrance hall and begins looking over the books in the cases. She sets her coffee cup down on one of the desks and after finding a couple leather bound tomes on the laws of Sigil and case law she pulls them down. Moving back to her seat, she pulls a piece of parchment toward her and a quill with an ink well and opens the first book. She adjusts her glasses just a little, letting them come down to the edge of her nose as she bends over it and starts to read, occasionally making notes on the parchment as if for her own reference later.

It would seem this is what the drowess had in mind for work today, as she pulling the book into her lap and gets comfortable.*
*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

*This morning sees her rising earlier than usual and as she exits her house, she makes her way first to the bazaar for her usual cup of coffee and then back to the Lady's Ward and the City Court. Her errand this morning seems to be one of proving herself as she walks in, nods to the Aide at the desk and heads directly upstairs. She checks each office, filing what needs filed, which takes up only a portion of her morning. She then goes about and the first Administrator she sees she walks up to directly*

Vendui and excuse me. I am a new Aide *She seems to deliberately leave out her last name as she continues* I was wondering if you had anything you needed done this morning?

*The Administrator looks her over, and a brief smile stretches his lips* I do, actually. *He gestures for her to follow him and as they enter an office he picks up a large stack of documents and hands them to her* I need those transcribed so that they're readable. If you can't figure out a word in my terrible hand writing, let me know and I'll try to decipher it. *He then nods to her and heads out of the office leaving her alone to begin her task.

She takes a seat at the large desk, pulling a stack of parchment toward her and a quill and inkwell before beginning to look over the first page. Without a roll of the eyes, or a single sigh she begins to write*
*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

*After a week of methodically moving through the stack of documents, she seems to have finally gotten to the last few pages. The night before she blew out her candle and left, unable to hold the quill in her hand any longer as it ached from days of relentless writing. She shows up a few hours after rising and walks back into the office she'd been working in for the last seven days and takes her seat, and reaches for the last few pages she had left on the desk. Taking them up she examines them for a moment and then flexes her hand before reaching for the quill.

For the next several hours she works through those last three pages, working hard to decipher the scribble that is hard pressed to pass for legible script until she places the last of the freshly and neatly written papers on the well ordered stack. She sits back in her seat for a moment and sighs, a small satisfied smile on her lips before she produces a leather bound satchel and places the documents inside before rising and heading out the door.

She begins moving through the halls to the last place she found the unknown Administrator who tasked her to begin with and doesn't find him, nor any items of a personal nature that would suggest this is his office alone. She stands there for a moment and then leaves the office, beginning to check every one she comes to until she finally finds him. Without a word she walks up and places the satchel on the desk and waits as he looks up and then opens the bag.*

"You've finished?" *He asks her with a small smirk on his lips.*
"I have. I presume you'll read through these and let me know if I've missed anything?"
"Yes, but if anything is wrong you'll have to redo the entire stack" *He says to her seeming to try and make her balk though she only nods to him* Very well *She says with a smile still on her lips* "Will that be all for you today then? I have a few other things to attend to." *He looks her over for a moment, noticing her ink stained index finger before his gaze settles on her face again* "I suppose that will be all for now" *He says before waving her out of the office*

*Stepping out of the City Court she smirks to herself and heads off*
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Her daily work had not gone unnoticed. A rather short and balding human had taken notice of her diligence and eye to detail. She would soon find herself assigned to more interesting (depending on who you talked to) details. Judge Seph ensured her talents were put to better use transcribing the daily copies of the Court Transcripts in his court. Not the most exciting task but one that permitted the chance to read a fresh set of stories and lies each day. General court was anything but mundane.
*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

*Seeing her new assignment she smiles, having stopped by the Court for a few minutes before heading home for the evening. Though, now she walks out of the building with a bit more pep in her step as she rushes home to share the news.*
*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

She walks into the City Court this morning with a small smile on her lips and looks to the Aide at the desk Where is Judge Seph's office? The Aide gives her a few directions and Deltana heads off in search of it. When she walks in she finds the place the rather empty except the desk is covered in papers, one particular stack labeled as needing to be filed, so she takes it up and starts to move about the building putting things in their rightful places, though a few documents don't seem to fit any category she can find so she takes them back and puts them on his desk once again in the same location with the same label.

As she stands there looking about for things to do another Aide comes in, arms filled to almost overflowing with documents. Walking over to Deltana he hands her the unorganized stack
Judge Seph said you could start on these this morning, he'll be around later if you have questions. Enjoy! The Aide then leaves her to her task, and Deltana without a moments hesitation walks down the hall to a large room, entering she sets the documents down on a desk and takes her seat. Pulling a fresh piece of parchment toward her she begins with the first page and starts to write.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

As days progressed she would find the work repetitious, but at the same time interesting enough to maintain her focus. It seems everyone who goes to court has a sad tale to spinÂ… most of the time poorly told or made up.

On her 5th day of transcribingÂ… ((make a Concentrate Check: 20. If missed carry on as if the post ended here. If made, continue on)).

She notices that one page of transcript, likely nothing more than technical stuff as it seems to occur during an ordered break, was missing. It is unlikely to make a difference in the official record. It is unknown if it was misplaced here (possibly her fault), not actually recorded (the fault of a Superior) or removed on purpose.
*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

((Concentration roll was a 35))

*She has spent much of her day going through the seemingly endless pages, but as she goes to take one more page from the stack, her eyes tired and hand aching she looks to the page in her hand and then to the last one she read. She flips between them for several minutes, and then starts to search the stack feverishly* This isn't right *She mutters to herself. She sits quietly for awhile as she goes through her steps, no different than they were any other day but for whatever reason a single page seems to be missing from the otherwise unruffled stack. She shakes her head, pulling her glasses off and rubs her eyes* I've probably overlooked it. I'll take a break and come back to it.
*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

*After two days of searching for that single missing page she finally gives up. She has retraced her steps, she has checked under rugs, inside books she's never held and everywhere else she could possibly think of, even going so far as to search her own house in case it accidentally made its way home. Sitting down, she sighs and starts to think for a little while. Does she bring it to the judges attention or does she let it go. There are reasons, good reasons for both plans of action, but it remains unclear which route she'll take for the moment.*