A Days Work

*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

*A summons arrives and upon opening it and reading it she looks to Xander* We're being requested to find Judge Seph at his office at our earliest convenience, dearest.

*Xander looks to her and nods* Well... we had better... get going then. *She finishes her cup of coffee and nods to him.* I suppose we should. *Her statement seeming as if she's reluctant but in truth the drowess is rather pleased with this turn of events after the letters she's sent to the Judge.

The meeting is brief but satisfying and as they leave the office Deltana looks to Xander* Well, I'm pleased, even if it is more work.
*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

*Xander and Deltana walk into the city Court and once again the Drowess smiles to that ill-used Aide at the desk* Can you tell me where to find Aide Cephris and Administrator Elithrex? *The Aide blinks and looks confused* Didn't you... never mind *She looks through her papers and gives them the information they seek and as the Grails turn to head off she flashes a smirk at the Aide* OH and please make a note of the time we arrived to substantiate our own records. *After some annoyance on the Aide's part she reluctantly agrees and the two head off upstairs to find the two they seek*

*Some time later, after quite lengthy discussions Aide Cephris makes his way to the holding cells, while Administrator Elithrex is seen packing up her belongings into a box, leaving her faction badge on the desk before leaving. A full report would find it's way to Judge Seph's desk and also to the desk of A1 Arnders. It would appear as though, Aide and Administrator Grail had quite the productive meeting, as the report would suggest they had discovered that the Aide had been instructed to lose the document that would have called for a mistrial in the case. The admittance leaving the Administrator to proposition the Grails with bribery and then threats until she reluctantly agreed to resign on the spot.*

*As they head downstairs for their next meeting, Deltana looks to Xander and smiles* Well, I suppose we'll see what she comes up with in the way of retaliation, but I couldn't be happier with this outcome.
*Iggwilv

Posted by *Iggwilv »

A letter would soon be delivered to Deltana by a flustered looking imp carrying a heavy bag of scrolls and papers.
wrote:
Aide Grail

I am currently reviewing the audit you have submitted on behalf of Bureau Chief Seph.  I would like like to thank you for your time and diligence in this matter. The next round of testing for Adminstrator grade 10 is occurring in three days time I would like to invite you to attend.  I have taken the liberty of suspending you from your duties for that three day period to allow you time to study should you chose to do so.

May Oghma Light Your Way
Bureau Cheif I Jamis
Ad hoc Bureau of Courts
*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

*Hensley shuffles into the great room, bearing a letter, Xander and Deltana seem to be having morning coffee on the sofa as the skeletal butler hands it to her with a customary bow and leaves. She finishes what she was saying and then opens the note, smiling as she gets to the bottom* "Well that's very interesting" *She says handing it to Xander for him to read over.* He's even giving you time off to study. Well congratulations dearest, I am sure you'll do well. *He says, smiling to her before she takes the missive back and tucks it away.* Well I'd better get to studying.

*She indeed studies, diligently and with Xander's help and when the morning of the test arrives she's up early and at the Court thirty minutes before the test is scheduled. She smiles to the irritated Aide at the desk* Vendui, again, I'm here to take my A10 test. *The Aide seems to have a difficult time keep her eyes from rolling, but hands her the necessary documents and gives her directions to the room she's to be using to take her test. Deltana smiles to her and thanks her before heading off.

She sits quietly outside of the room until she's called in, she sets her testing materials on the desk and takes a seat, beginning as soon as she's told to do so. She goes through the test methodically and without haste, she works until she's finished the last question and then goes over each again. She finally nods to herself and hands the test over to the proctor and smiles to him, seeming rather confident before she moves out of the room and heads off*
*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

*Upon entering the City Court this morning, Deltana walks up to the Aide at the desk and smiling to her asks* Is there any word on my test results yet? *She seems rather eager, but not nervous. The Aide just rolls her eyes* Aide Grail *She seems to put emphasis on the first word with an irritated smile* you will receive your scores when they are done being processed.

*Deltana only smiles to her and nods* Very well. *She then heads off upstairs to get to work on the rest of her transcribing*
*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

*The drowess has not been seen in resent days and for most the reason may be a mystery, but anyone who has spent any time with her would know that the subject of the corrupt administrator had not left her. Indeed it seems to have made her more curious than ever. On any given day Deltana can be found in one of the offices in the upper floors of the City Court, bent over a stack of case files. There are two piles before her, one seemingly discarded and containing the majority of the already examined files, the other though much smaller still contains two such files and even as she continues going through the mountain of unread documents in front of her, her eyes continue to stray to the smaller pile as if she is having difficulty concentrating on the task she's already set herself though she diligently plods on*
*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

*The drowess arrives at the City Court much as she does every morning, though this time she walks into one of the offices, shuts the door behind her and locks it. Anyone who spends regular time there would have begun to realize she only locks the door when she's working on a case, and this time is nau different. Though, what is strange is that the pregnant female doesn't leave the office until 8 hours after she's entered it and upon quitting the room she can be seen carrying every single file she has been working on out of the building as if concerned for it's safety*
*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

*Deltana leaves the Manor rather early in the morning and makes her way to the City Court, once there she heads straight to one of the libraries and starts search through the volumes on the shelf until she pulls one from the case and opens it, nodding slightly she sets it down on the table behind her and goes on looking through the large tombs, finding several more before she seems satisfied. She then heads to the Aide at the front desk, a slow smirk stretching her lips as if she enjoys annoying the genasi*

Vendui, I'm going to take these with me today, I'm working from home *She shows the titles to the female so they can be marked down, though as the Aide reads them off, one by one, her expression changes from confusion, to surprise, to outright indignation though she says nothing, merely making the notations and then gives Deltana an incredulous look.

If anyone cared to see what the drowess took with her this morning they'd need only show their faction badge to obtain the information

Once she's obtained her books she leaves, walking swiftly back to the Manor and locking herself inside, if anyone came to call they'd be met by Hensley who would click apologetically as he showed a note to any would-be visitors "Forgive me, but the Mistress is not taking visitors at this time"*
*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

~Recap~ Last evening Deltana was witnessed by several in the Bazaar speaking with a Gargoyle. Upon being asked if there was any place in particular that required watching she responded that she did in fact know of a place and led the creature off.

*She leads the Gargoyle into the Ladies Ward, the creature following at a respectful distance, perhaps not to trample the small drowess by accident. She stops in front of the Grail house where she informs him this is what she thought was worth protecting. After a few brief words and a nod to Altair as he passes by with a smaller wolf she asks the Gargoyle inside. Though the only witnesses to the conversation are themselves it is very apparent that whatever she told him was enough to convince him to make his new home theirs and now can be seen standing guard over the residence whenever he is not protecting her*
*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

*Once again Deltana makes her way back to the City Court, as usual, her morning routine is uninterrupted, though as she steps into the hall the Aide at the desk eyes her for a moment and sighs*

Vendui *She says to her with a cordial tone as she hands over a note addressed to the Exam board before she heads off through the court room and finds herself in the library beyond. She starts looking through the heavy volumes once again and smiles as she finds precisely what she was looking for and mutters to herself as she flips through the pages. Find the appropriate spot she reads aloud to herself and then a smile stretches her lips as she shuts the tomb and takes it with her. Stopping at the desk to once again record the name of the book and who has taken it out, the Aide eyes her with clear annoyance though the drowess seems not the least bit put out by it.*

While you were doing whatever it is you do, you received a response *The Aide's tone is almost hopeful as she hands back a folded piece of parchment, and as Deltana opens it she smiles* Excellent, I won't be working tomorrow, I'll be taking a test *She smirks at the crestfallen Aide and walks out*