A Days Work

*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

*Walking into the city Court this morning, Deltana is handed a letter, once settled into an office she opens it and looks it over, nodding to herself and then quickly pens another letter. Sending it off to the Dustman she then gets back to going through her files and checking them for accuracy which takes up most, if not all of the rest of her day*
*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

*The Drowess gets into the office exceptionally early this morning, and takes a seat at her desk. A red pillow having been present outside the manor on one of the benches for several days and still nothing from her informant. Sitting quietly she thinks for a long moment, recalling the last time she saw the female and under what circumstances. Her brow creasing ever so slightly as a frown starts to form on her face. She reaches for a piece of parchment and then pauses. Several obstacles making it a difficult situation for her to delve into, not the least of which being that nau one was supposed to know the jalil was keeping her up to date on things with a certain faction. She sighs and sits back before thinking she'll give it another day before blowing the girls cover.*
*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

*She gets into the office and takes a seat at her desk and pulls a piece of parchment toward her, addressing the letter to Mover Chari she begins to write out a rather vague inquiry and sends it off. She sighs deeply and then begins on her paperwork*

((Note: The player character involved in this is aware and has given consent, this is a player run event. PM sent))
*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

The Drowess entered the City Court building and looked around, the same irritable Aide stood at the desk and smirked slightly to her

Any changes I need to be aware of? She asks and seems to enjoy the all too familiar roll of the eyes she receives. The Aide shows her the updated roster and Deltana nods before looking up. Is my usual office still available? The Aide simply shrugs Should be, but you'll have to check, I'm not a maid.

Deltana seems only too pleased with that response as she makes her way through the halls and up the stairs to her usual office, finding it empty and as she left it she takes a seat behind the desk and calls for the nearest Aide I need these case files brought to me promptly, it may take awhile to find them but don't dawdle about it either. They Aide gives her a look as if to ask "and who might you be?" but Deltana simply stares at her and waits for her to do what she's told, her Fraternity badge in clear view, negating any further explanation. The Aide eyes it for a long moment before finally turning stiffly and leaving, but before long she returns with a rather large stack of documents. Deltana shoo's her away as she gets down to reading

It takes hours just to get through half the stack and as she sets down the final document she rubs her eyes and shakes her head What a mess. She mumbles to herself before pulling a piece of parchment toward her and begins to write
*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

Having met with Harcourt she returns to her office and writes a new letter. Calling an Aide to her, a new one it seems, one so eager it's irritating she sends him off with the note and awaits his return. In the mean time she begins another letter though rather than having anyone run this one she tucks it away to be delivered by one of her own house.

As the Aide returns, wheezing and panting, he relates rather haltingly that her request has been accepted and he relays the time and place of the meeting. She nods, picks up her things and heads out the door.
*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

If she could have sworn without being overhead she'd have done so, as it was she returned to her office and the only outward sign of her frustration was that she used more force than necessary to closer her office door. A few Aide's looked up in mild surprise at that but then quickly returned to their work, none of them wanted to further annoy one of the few Administrator's still left in the building.

Back to the drawing board... statutes of limitations are only helpful when they work in your favor She grumbled irritably to herself, though she knew undoubtedly how long of a shot this was.
*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

Having taken several meetings and a report in as many days the Drowess finds herself exhausted and as a result rises much later than anticipated. She sits down at her desk in the City Court and begins to go through her notes. Her eyes skimming over everything she's read in the last several days, and even the things she's been told. Laying down the quill she'd just taken up she rubs her temples and calls an Aide to her.

Coffee and the Cartel File.

The Aide looks slightly concerned but does as he's bid and heads off at a quick clip, having discovered that the Drowess has not lately been in a mood to be forgiving. Meanwhile Deltana sits and goes over the notes from the meeting with Hashkar and then Dace, rubbing her temples for a long moment as she reads over it all again.

What a mess! As the file is set on her desk and her coffee handed to her she looks up at the Aide and gifts him a brief smile of thanks before returning to the work at hand
*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

The problem with this one She began, speaking to the Aide that was seated in front of her is that there is too much ambiguity surrounding it. Ambiguity is sometimes good and sometimes bad, here the decisions were carried out without an eye to the future, which again is good and bad. The poor Aide, having no idea what the drowess was referring to, seemed somewhat concerned for her mental state, though she appeared otherwise fine, the Administrator seemed overtaxed to the untrained eye of the new recruit. Deltana, though had never been more in her element, she thrived on the chaos of the law and the fact that there was more than enough for her to do kept her mind from wandering unnecessarily.

She looked up from the pages she'd been rifling through
You're still here, are you? She asked, making the Aide at last understand that he'd been dismissed and she'd been talking to no one in general, but to herself Well, you may as well make yourself useful, take this over to the Prison and ask for Factor Dace. I need the files he has on the Cartel if he's willing to share them.

The Aide jumped up, more out of a desire to be out of her presence than by a desire to be helpful. Anything that removed him from the building and odd behavior of the Administrator was fine with him. He took the request and hustled off with a sigh of relief. The Drowess either didn't notice, or care that he was in such a hurry to be away from her.
*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

She walks into her office and stops as she sees both Factol and Factor standing there. Assuming she's interrupted them she begins to gather her belongings before being asked to take a seat. A small conversation and the Factol departs, leaving her with only her Factor to speak with. Before they go any further the Drowess speaks up

Factor, I'll be honest with you, I am already working on two civilian cases, the case of Khazeet, an assault that happened in the bazaar, as well as trying to figure out who is legally allowed to make arrests now that the Harmonium is nau longer in control of the Bazaar. I would like a promotion before I take on another case.

The Factors brow lifts and for a moment the Drowess worries she may have overstepped though her face never betrays her That's quite a case load, but you are one of the few Fraternity members that looks for work and works the cases. The Factor has an Aide bring in a box and takes out a new badge Wear it well.
*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

The drowess sits at her desk reading through the stacks of documents before her and very nearly slams her head on the wooden surface, though she thinks better of it, not wanting to cause a disturbance. She rubs her temples and pulls her cup of coffee closer. For a moment she turns to another task, needing a break from the monotony that is Hildmor and all the Cartel. Pulling out another folder she fills out a form and sets it to the side, a grim expression on her face.

As if reissuing the warrant will do any good! She mutters to herself before moving onto the next task on her plate. Pulling a rather thick scroll to her she begins to look over it, scratching out certain lines and in some cases entire paragraphs. As she finishes she gives a small, approving nod of her head and calls an Aide to her.

Copy this out and bring it back to me when you're finished, obviously leave out everything that has a mark through it.

The Aide looks at the document and then back up to Deltana You're sure you want me to copy this out? He seems nervous, even worried, but the Drowess simply nods

I am not prone to asking anyone to do something I don't mean for them to do. It will take you much less time to just take care of it than it does to argue about it. Besides, your name isn't going on it, so I doubt anyone will know you even touched the blasphemous material anyway.

The Aide seems somewhat relieved but leaves reluctantly to go undertake the task. He seems to take some comfort in the fact that what he held was merely a draft.

Once her first task is assigned she calls another Aide to her hands over the form.

Here, take this to the Harmonium Barracks and inform them that I require a progress report on the Arrest of Khazeet. This has been on hold for far too long already.

This Aide, having less experience and still seeming fresh of face with ideals and hope, bounds off with a spring in their step.

We'll soon crush that out them. She mumbles, the Aide already out of the door and ear shot as the Administrator turns back to that daunting file and groans loud enough to cause another Administrator to poke their head

All's well, Deltana? She nods and waves a hand shooing them away, a laugh is met at her actions, most by now having figured out the Drowess becomes rather surly when she's up against a wall. Yell if ya need help! The A10 calls to her as they head off down the hall

((Any and all of the unnamed characters in Deltana's A Day's Work thread can be turned into IC characters, discussions and the like so long as they are actual actions preformed by her. Any current or new Fraternity Members are welcome to put themselves into the spots and RP out the ongoing events, just send me a PM or ingame Tell))