Masochism makes a Guvnor

*Sumdude23

Posted by *Sumdude23 »

Izra Antonella grimaces in pain while she peels herself off of the chair to stand, staring upon the thick legal volumes before her.   The chair definitely does it job in keeping me awake but does it have to be so xaos'ing uncomfortable?  Frustration starts to boil over.   They say repetition is insanity   Izra narrows her eyes and raises her foot to kick it with force causing a heavy wooden chair to slide a matter of 3/4 of a meter away from her.  That was hardly satisfying, pathetic  There is an echo of anger in her mind reminding her to kick the chair again until breaks, but the feeling is hollow.  She feels nothing and upon realizing such, an unnerved moment of panic strikes which dissipates in seconds.  I'd guess it's time for bed.  Izra stares down at the open book her eyelids touch and again.  Only a half dozen or more times or so until I've got them memorized *dark chuckle*  Repetition isn't insanity, it's masochism.   In a haze she stumbles towards her bed collapsing upon it falling into the realm of dreams. 
*Sumdude23

Posted by *Sumdude23 »

In a candle lit room Izra sits classic meditation pose refreshing her mind.  Imagines of recently read pages flash in mindseye, but her mind begins to drift and the pages blur together.  Izra's closed eyelids twitch periodically as she finds it more and more difficult to maintain her concentration.  Her eyes snap open and dart around her room glancing over small piles of texts scattered across the room.  Leaning to her right she swings her legs around finding a stable footing in which to stand.  Izra makes her way to a particular book, picking it up, and deliberately flips pages until she finds the passage she is looking for.  A smirk forms upon her lips and ponders, "Could I really?  SHOULD I". She broadly grins to herself, making a gesture while reciting what would appear to be gibberish.  Her perspective seems to change instinctively drawn to a candle which slowly dances, weaving and waving, before her.  Just as she begins to marvel at the rare sight, she is snapped back into her normal senses.  "OOO  OOOOH!"   Her body shivers and trembles with excitement as she'd just discovered an aberration, perhaps an exception.   No mind it may have few if any practical useages.  This was her first, a breakthrough.  With renewed energy, she flips open a another text to eagerly absorb it's contents.
*Sumdude23

Posted by *Sumdude23 »

Izra looks down at the table staring over her notes "I feel so far over my head", she internalizes. "So much that could be done.  I may need to delegate, but whom can I trust"  Izra leans back in her chair.  "As the primers say, be careful what you wish for." 
*Sumdude23

Posted by *Sumdude23 »

Izra sits in her chair, hand in her forehead starting down at her copy of the case files across the table rubbing her eyes.  A crystal orb just out of reach reflects moist cheeks from candlelight reflecting upon the days events.  She'd just lost a case and felt spent.  Her thoughts race while strong emotions pulse through her in waves, feeling like her sanity is slipping from her grasp.  Various people flash in her daydream, Sullie, Vale, Mackenzie, the young woman at the trial, Sullie once again, Crake, Nagaomiester, Dace, and all the others at the trial.     Izra takes a sip of hot tea, hoping the ache behind her temples subside, taking up a pinch of hinweed in her pipe for her to calm a bit she looks around her room to find some distraction.