Sigil Law and Tax reform?

*DaftyXIII

Posted by *DaftyXIII »

A parcel was delivered to the City Court in the Ladys Ward. Once opened it would have a letter sealed in wax and a small coin purse with a fair amount of platinum cogs.

The letter would state when read...

wrote:Dear sir / mad'am of the Court,

It is a large concern of mine that taxes not payed and avoided by some of Sigil, and might have growing in number over this past year and a half. From my understanding we can not punish any who avoid taxation with the laws set. If so, there is a deficit that will in fact impact the factions such as your own, which taxes we the fated collect help the cost of upkeep and projects by your faction.

I would propose that any tax evasion is and should be punishable by law. Also I would suggest that not only coin can be collected, but items of worth as payment. After all everything has a price on it as far as the arts and laws of mercantile are worried about.

The cogs I have sent your way should be enough to cover any cost it may take to undergo such a task and it's process.

Signed ~ Anthea, Fated Namer
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

A reply is returned. It is standard written. Short and without much elaboration
wrote:Namer Anthea

It is not the jurisdiction of the Fraternity to set the laws of Sigil. That is the realm of the council; the Fraternity merely interprets and processes those who may be in violation of already established law. I would suggest having a Factor of the Fated make motion to introduce a law within the council that may be voted on and potentially passed to cover your concerns

As for penalties, payment methods or delinquent accounts of Taxpayers in violation of established law; That is the realm of the Mercykillers. I suggest you discuss that topic with them. They will likely, however, be of the same outlook that there is little that can be done without Fraternity judgments being made and we've already covered the issues with that.

In conclusion; I suggest that you maintain the status quo in regards to collection and processing of taxes within the city. It seems to suffice as all necessary departments and services are currently staffed and fully budgeted.

Regards

B3 Seph
Bureau of the Courts