Interfactional Cooperation

*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

wrote:
Bureau Cheif Speh

After a meeting with measure Thorn of The Harmonium and Justice Andor of The Mercykillers to discuss closer cooperation between the three Factions of The Triad. The idea of a Inter-Faction task force was put forward.  We agreed the formation of a unit consisting of members of each Faction, an on the ground team of Harmonium to act on arrest warrants offered combat support by the Red death with warrants authorized quickly and promptly by The Fraternity. Suspects to be interrogated would be transferred to the prison to make use of the Red Death's expertise in this area, with Harmonium and Fraternity members given access to the information gathered so further arrests can be made quickly based upon the findings, all trials will be conducted quickly and by a judge part of the unit to ensure a timely conviction. I have offered our agreement in principle pending your approval.

We will be required to put forward a representative as i have done this sort of work before I will of course volunteer should you see fit to make use of my skills.

Both Justice Andor and Measure Thorn are speaking with their own superiors regarding the matter.

Caterina Arnders
Administrator A1
Bureau of Interfactional Affairs
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

He read the memo and read it again. Once done he wrote his reply
wrote:Unless I'm missing something here (which is entirely possible these days) isn't this pretty much how we do things now? A Harmonium officer cannot judge so he finds a Fraternity member to aid him. A Mercykiller cannot arrest so he finds a Hamonium member to assist him. I understand the inclusion of expediency, but what does this change other than putting an official spin on cooperation?

And remember... haste in judgement creates errors.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Caterina read the reply. She stood up made herself a cup of tea and composed her thoughts if she wanted to repair some of the recent damage done she had to convince her own Faction first.
wrote:
Bureau Chief Seph.

You are correct what you describe is how The Triad should operate.  However in practice this is not the case.  The recent case of The Red Smith saw what was an offer of aid on our part interpreted as an attempt to derail an investigation.  Something which may have spilled into open hostility if we had actually sent bailiffs to the prison.  The example you cited is an interesting one.  At my meeting with Justice Andor he mentioned an incident in the Hive where a Mercykiller operative was unable to detain a suspect as they felt unable to go for Harmonium aid.

My intent with the formation of such a unit is to create a network of Triad operatives who work together on a regular basis it would foster a bond of cooperation that would go a very long way to dispel a lot of mistrust that seems to exist between our three Factions.

As for the trials they will be conducted in full and as the law demands, but I would like as a gesture of our good will to get them to court as a priority in cases where time may be of the essence.  I would counsel speed and efficiency but never haste.

I would like to demonstrate that they can work with the law and The Fraternity  as they seem to be under the misunderstanding that this is not the case.  I am mindful of your suggestion to improve relations with the other Factions of The Triad, and I think this would be an important first step to that.

Caterina Arnders
Administrator A1
Bureau of Interfactional Affairs.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

wrote:Very well. As Bureau Chief of Interfaction Affairs, I'm authorized to give this the go ahead from a Fraternity position. I'd like you to oversee our part in this and assign Fraternity members as you dictate.

Please keep a critical eye on the group and report it's progress, whether good or bad. Please ensure the Fraternity is well served by your participation.

I look forward to hearing good things from this.

Garen