A Small Note Sent

*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

Sent to Bureau Chief Seph and Administrator Arnders:

wrote: Sir, Lady,

concerning recent articles from a Fraternity member in SIGIS I gave a small article of myself into print, explaining the people if Sigil to read the official Messageboard of our Faction for real news about the Laws and lawful procedures in Sigil.

I also made sure to paint the articles written by this Burau Chief as a prank, hopefully raising doubts at least in some of the readers.

Hasclaan Guunt, A 8
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

He soon receives a reply.
wrote:
Administrator Guunt

Please refrain from making further public disclosures to SIGIS or any other publication without approval from The Fraternity first

Caterina Ardners
Adminstrator A1
Bureau of Interfactional Affairs
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

wrote:The SIGIS is little more than a Rag Tabloid publication barely worthy of the name. It exists to amuse lonely housewives with little to do with their day other than swat the children running around their feet. For anyone to actually take it seriously puts a very broad sense of doubt in their ability to extract truth from fantasy. IÂ’m surprised so many planeswalkers and Factioneers actually buy into itÂ… but then again, little should surprise me these days.

It is my policy to ignore the SIGIS (other than the Crosswords and other amusement pages). Do not submit stories, do not make posts and do not acknowledge them in the least. I give no interviews and do not permit their writers into my court.

When they can arise above this foolishness, when they can back their print with confidence that it is, indeed, the truth, then I might revisit this policy.

I suggest others do the same.

Bureau Chief Seph
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

wrote: Sir, Lady,

what I submitted there I did as a citizen of Sigil and not member of the Fraternity.

As there are no official seals on it I can reassure you the only harm might be done to my own reputation but not the Fraternity as a whole.

While I agree that SIGIS is a poor medium to communicate with the people I found that most citizen are simply unaware of the official channels.

I hope I was able to point even a few of them into the right direction.

Hasclaan Guunt, A8
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

wrote:
Administrator Guunt

As well as being a citizen of Sigil you are also a member of The Fraternity of order. As such your views when expressed in public will be taken in this context and will always reflect on The Faction.  Should you wish to write publicly in SIGIS or any other publication there are protocols and procedures in place that must be followed.  Please familiarize yourself them as a member of our Faction you should be aware that ignorance of the law or in this case the rules is not an excuse.  No action will be taken against you at this time but consider this letter formal written warning.

Caterina Ardners
Adminstrator A1
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

wrote: Administrator,

I am aware of the official guidelines and rules but I am also aware of their limits when in comes to my liberties as a citizen of the cage.

While I am dedicated to this faction I have still my own opinions which I will continue to express and while I will not not agree with every measure taken by my superiours I will nevertheless support the ideals this faction represents- but this also means I will continue to explain my motivations and voice my opinions to add to the data my fellow factioneers can use to make their decisions.

I hereby humbly suggest to make an official announcement to inform all Fraternity members about this policy and how to deal with questions of worried citizen in the cage.

I fear our faction leadership's silence is often seen as support for said articles by the common people.

Hasclaan Guunt, A8
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Garen would read the files as they passed through his office but would comment on none of it. Caterina was doing a fine job maintaining things.

(((as an aside, just to highlight how anal the Fraternity is about things such as permissions, any member of Administrator rank cannot leave the city (to adventure or explore... IE: no random trips to the Abyss) without permission from the Faction (for each trip) and a report must be written and filed after each trip to record what was found and what occured.

While it doesn't really have muc to do with this thread, it does show how rigid an Administrators life is, hehe.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

wrote:
Administrator Guunt

You are free to express whatever opinions you wish in private.  However when you do so in any kind of publication even one as disreputable as SIGIS what you express becomes a matter of public record.  If you wish to continue to express your views in such away there are procedures in place for that.  May I remind you that one of the ideals of the Faction you support is one the observance of rules and regulation.  With that in mind I would ask you to be mindful of such rules and regulations and make any further disclosures through the correct channels.

Should you wish to inform other members of the Faction or suggest policies for dealing with Sigil's public this is something I would like to encourage but this is something that you should do internally and not through an external media.  If you have concerns on such matters or a message you feel should reach the Faction do not hesitate to book an appointment with me to discuss it.

Caterina Arnders
Administrator A1
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

wrote: Administrator,

thank you for adressing my points, your advice will be followed.

To fight rumours and misinformation I suggest to put up an official messageboard at the Bazaar, close to one of the Harmonium's guardposts to make tampering with the contents harder.
To allow interested citizen to inform themselves about the laws and regulations I suggest to post a selection of those most important to the avarage Cager.

Hasclaan Guunt, A8