A Reminder For Orderly Birthday Wishes

*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

The following memo is sent to every office in the city courts:
wrote: Re: Birthday Wishes

Tomorrow is the first Lady of Regula. As in years past, we will celebrate the birthday of our beloved Factol Hashkar, as he starts his 131st year of reigning as Factol. Everyone is required to attend the morning lecture tomorrow, where he will cover the highlights of last year, and offer a edifying meditation on the Axioms for us all.

In the interests of the proper, thorough, and orderly conveying of happy birthday and new year wishes to the Factol, enclosed is a flowchart to help you draft appropriate well wishes.

As a reminder, those who have completed informative research or studies in the past year are encouraged to submit their findings no later than midnight tonight for official recognition in the morning.
//fyi, this is an opportunity to remind me why you should be given shiny plaques of honor / recognition / rewards for being a Guvner, regardless of whether your character does research. You have the next 2-3 days to do so. :P

EDIT: For those curious, monthly factional festivities are described here: Regula
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

Birthday Wish Template
The following chart comes with a variety of official writing papers, each watermarked with a different favorite rule, law, or axiom.

Dearest Factol,

In recognition of your completion of another planar cycle, from the 1st Lady of Regula, 130Ha to the 4th Void of Capricious, 130Ha, I would like to present you with the following:
  • Congratulatory words in one of the following approved languages: Common, Infernal, Elven, Celestial, Modron
  • Best wishes for a prosperous and informative new cycle
  • A fruit basket with fruits from only the most lawfully aligned trees
  • A copy of the 1st edition of Sigil Laws
  • A heretofore unknown work on a scientific subject
  • The results of my research from the previous year
May your coming year be peaceful and full of scientific discovery,

Signed / Sincerely / Lawfully Yours

<Your Name Here>
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

Hasclaan groans, rubs the bridge of his nose, desperately searching for a loophole to escape.

Sadly he is not sucessful but puts this on his to do list for next year.
wrote: Dearest Factol,

In recognition of your completion of another planar cycle, from the 1st Lady of Regula, 130Ha to the 4th Void of Capricious, 130Ha, I would like to present you with the following:

<here follows a phrase of well wishing in Infernal, something directed at a honoured superior- which roughly translates into: Honored Leader, may your operations be sucessful to strenghten us both! (of course there is the subtle hint of wishing to replace said leader in the message- Devils are Devils after all)>

May your projects succeed, may you find an Axiom that explains Sigil itself.

I allowed myself to present you with this basked of axiomatic apples, harvested fom the gardens of Arcadia. They are perfectly of the same size and taste.

Please accept this book as well, a faksimile of the 1st edition of Sigil's laws as interpreted by Faraxagul the Dominant, the well known Falxugon Judge.

I also want to present you with...

<and here follows several pages of Hasclaan's research, from investigating golem sentience over studying the processes going on on dead god's rock, a social study of the Hive (compared to both the abyss and limbo) to his actual project, the studies to find similarities between constructs and undead with the goal to make a successful fusion of both and his studies about portal use frequencies, complete with drawings and blueprints of the devices he constructed and deployed.

The results about Golem Sentience are bound carefully and show the Fraternity's seal on the cover- the original notebook made the present.>

May your coming year be peaceful and full of scientific discovery,

Signed / Sincerely / Lawfully Yours

Hasclaan Guunt, A8.

((Most of his projects are somewhere on the forums if you want any details... :P ))
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Dearest Factol,

I wish to offer you congratulations on another successful year. It is with great honor that we continue to move forward under your ever increasing Wisdom and guidance. I also send you best wishes for a prosperous and informative new cycle. May it be as successful and informative as the last, if not more so. May your coming year be peaceful and full of scientific discovery,

Sincerely

Garen Seph, Bureau Chief Four
Superiour Court Judge
Bureau of the Courts

Included is a fruit basket, filled from the private orchards of Mechanus set in a perfectly symmetrically woven basket, a copy of the 1st Edition Sigil Laws along with a copy of a diary written by Brokoff Mechaindil, a Bureau Chief 3 from the formative years of the Fraternity within Sigil, several hundred years ago. It explains the Chiefs work in the field of Astral Physics and the effects of multi-layer resonance when actively, and purposely, intertwined with bordering Planes by use of a modified Spelljammer designed to combine said layers during portal passthrough. Also included are the results of GarenÂ’s research into political structures and relationships of the city, the orderly manipulation of popular opinion and the successful results of the research itself that led to a great many victories for the Fraternity, most notably, the newly accepted law that permitted the Factions to willingly hand over their sovereignty to the Fraternity.
*poststructuralism

Posted by *poststructuralism »

Dearest Factol,

In recognition of your completion of another planar cycle, from the 1st Lady of Regula, 130Ha to the 4th Void of Capricious, 130Ha, I would like to present you with my congratulations on your continued health and longevity as well as excellent guidance of the our fraternity itself. May your unwavering dedication to mastery of the laws and axioms of the multiverse continue for innumerable continued healthy and informative cycles.

Attached are the following gifts:

1) A copy of a dissertation recovered from a dead primer sage entitled "The Role of Context in Meaning"

2) A copy of my statistics on the most common logical fallacies implemented in debates of multiversal philosophy amongst differing factions and beings in Sigil's bazaar market based on a months' worth of sample data.

Lawfully Yours,

Research Aide Typhon