Westminster Brewery

*Orlitoq

Posted by *Orlitoq »

The halls of the Fraternity of order are a hive of activity. Clerks and Administrators bustle through the halls.

Imperious, and quiet, amid the tumultuous sea of bureaucratic urgency strides a bailiff towards the door of [An appropriate Administrator's] office door. Upon reaching the office doors, Grahn Ljungstrahd knocks solidly, and awaits invitation to enter.

((EDIT: Changed that to any administrator or FoO member who wants to be the one to answer the door for RP.
*LiquidDreamer

Posted by *LiquidDreamer »

A voice on the other side of the door invites Grahn Ljungstrahd inside
*Orlitoq

Posted by *Orlitoq »

((To whom does the office belong? Asking so that I can address them properly upon entering, but if it someone that just happens to be in that location, that is OK too.
*Orlitoq

Posted by *Orlitoq »

((Keeping things vague until I know whom it is that Grahn is addressing))

Grahn Ljungstrahd nods once to himself upon hearing the call to enter. He adjusts his faction badge, and quickly opens the door. Two quick strides carry him towards the desk within the office, and once in front of it Grahn Ljungstrahd snaps to attention.

The Bailiff addresses the Administrator with a curt nod, "Administrator, there are papers here for your perusal." Gran holds out a stack of forms that have been filled out, cross-filed, and countersigned in triplicate. The bailiff's tone indicates that he has both read over the documents and was impressed by the thoroughness of the applicant in adhering to both procedure and policy for such applications.

"The papers in question are requesting licensing, and approval, for inter-planar trade between Sigil proper and a small pocket realm in which this individual, and his business partners, have established their facility. The facility in question, as you can see from application form 34/J-89-B, is both a Brewery and a Distillery."
*LiquidDreamer

A blue skinned tiefling with black glasses looks watches the door as he calls his visitor to enter. His desk is meticulously clean and he immediately scans the documents when he is handed them. It takes him several minutes to reply.

"I am Administer Blue, it is alot easier on the tongue than my normal name. Yes, this look to be in order. The owners of the brewery have registered with the Fated corrected? And make sure you do not mention profits if you haven't, just a registration for taxation purposes, they will try to get you to include a business plan. I will need a copy of this registration as well for filing purposes, I suggest you have a scribe in our office do that before the end of the business day."

He takes out a stamp marks the required papers
*Orlitoq

Posted by *Orlitoq »

Bailiff Grahn Ljungstrahd stands quietly at attention as Administrator Blue reviews the papers; only when directly questioned does he respond.

"The applicant has not yet presented paperwork to the Fated, as they both knew the realm of inter-planar trade licensing to be our domain, and wanted to be certain of our approval before paying out in fines and taxes to the Fated for imports that had not yet happened. Once they receive notification of this paperwork's approval the appropriate papers will be submitted to the Fated."

After a brief pause to look through the multiple forms and select the copies Administrator Blue required, the Bailiff continued, "As to whether or not the applicant is wise enough to not mention profits, neither do I know if they are that foolish, nor is it my concern if they are... Would you prefer me to investigate that and report to you how they handle their interactions with the Fated? As you can see from the forms they provided, and the fact that they arranged for the copies you required* before filing for the license the applicant in question is... rather deliberately litigious."

Once all the papers have been gathered, and collated appropriately the Bailiff continues, "It was also observed that the applicant was not presently affiliated with a faction. Such a litigious individual might be open to a proposition of enrollment into our ranks, if we find them worthwhile. Would you desire I arrange for observation, or would you prefer to have another member of the Fraternity of Order do so?"

((*I did make mention in a previous post in this thread that all the forms had been filled out in triplicate just for this purpose.
*LiquidDreamer

"Indeed. Usually, there is a form or signature that is overlooked." With a nod of thanks, he takes the copies and stows them away into their appropriate pile.

"However, these are in perfect order. In cases like these either they have the business up and running or they anticipate a lucrative business. Just keep an eye on them and make sure this brewery is what it seems to be yes? Let them handle the Fated on their own, you can keep an eye on what happens if you wish. Just make sure it is all, legal yes." He nods twice and looks to Grahn to see if there is anything else.
*Orlitoq

Posted by *Orlitoq »

The Bailiff shakes his head at the suggestion of following up on the applicant independently. "My inquiry was only to gauge your interest, and were I requested to investigate this individual I would do so, but I have no vested interest in this matter. Recruitment is best left to others, and if he is meant to join our ranks he will find his way. Now, I shall both see to it that these other copies are filed appropriately, and notify the applicant of his application status."

Bailiff Grahn Ljungstrahd stands quietly at attention awaiting any final orders before departing.
*LiquidDreamer

'That is all baliff' He waves a hand, dismissing him.
*Orlitoq

Posted by *Orlitoq »

Bailiff Grahn Ljungstrahd nod curtly, and departs to deliver the papers to clerks for filing. He closes the door behind him.